PDA

View Full Version : 'To Hell And Back' book question

DazLoaf01
01 Dec 2006, 14:32
I'm thinking of asking for this for Xmas, but I notice there's a few versions out there.... first the hardback cover (red), paperback (orange) and a whole different design alltogether. I was wondering, is the paperback version more upto date in the content? Ie, was it updated when they put it in paperback, or is it the same? Cus I'd rather have it in hardback lol. Also, are there any pictures inside? Cheers!

Rockette
01 Dec 2006, 14:37
don't know about the paperback being updated, but there are some great pics in the hardback copy I have.

Diane
01 Dec 2006, 15:30
I'm thinking of asking for this for Xmas, but I notice there's a few versions out there.... first the hardback cover (red), paperback (orange) and a whole different design alltogether.

By "whole different design" do you mean the green cover? If so that was only a Virgin Books working cover and was never available to buy in the shops.

I was wondering, is the paperback version more upto date in the content? Ie, was it updated when they put it in paperback, or is it the same? Cus I'd rather have it in hardback lol. Also, are there any pictures inside? Cheers!

The UK paperback is not updated, apart from the captions to the photo plates being added, (these weren't included in the hardback version), and the format is smaller than the hardback.

There is one group of colour photo plates in the hardback and there are also numerous other black & white pictures scattered throughout the book.

The paperback only has a selection of photos from the hardback version on two groups of photo plates, one colour & one black & white.

The American paperback is a larger format than the UK version and is basically a softcover replica of the hardback. That one contains all the pictures and photo plates but without the captions.

Hope that answers your questions.

:D

Diane

DazLoaf01
01 Dec 2006, 15:49
Diane, you are a star! That was brilliant thank you. It seems the hardback version is a little tricky to track down though.

Here is the "other cover design" I mentioned....
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/1852278803.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1056528591_.jpg

Diane
01 Dec 2006, 16:11
Pleased that helped. :D

That's the cover I thought you meant. I doubt there are too many of those about.

The book comes up on eBay fairly regularly and you will find lots available from the UK and America here:

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/SearchResults?sts=t&an=meat+loaf&y=8&tn=to+hell+and+back&x=56&sortby=3

Diane

RadioMaster
01 Dec 2006, 17:31
got the us orange one, and there are captions for the color photos, but not below the pictures, but on the last page.
Itīs at the state of 1999, dont know if there was any updating after that point (if yes: whatīs new?)

samurai7
01 Dec 2006, 18:09
I was knid of hoping that there would be a few chapters added (like Roy Keane, Irish soccer star did) to update the book in later editions. Not that I want to rake mud, but like what happened with Meat's marriage, etc.

allrevvedup
01 Dec 2006, 18:12
wouldn't surpirse me if there'll be a second one at the end of meat's career.

It'll sell too, for instance Gene Simmons has released at least two that I know of!

RadioMaster
01 Dec 2006, 19:35
I can see something like a "The history of Bat out of Hell" coming up, where Meat talks about the three albums and how they became what they are.