PDA

View Full Version : Get Well Soon Meat

Diane
22 Nov 2006, 21:57
Just received the "Flying Paper" alert (below) from the official German Meat Loaf site to say Meat is suffering from an infection and has been advised by his doctors not to travel. This means he will not be able to perform at the boxing match this Saturday in Halle, Germany at the Gerry Weber Stadium. It is expected that he should be fully recovered within 2-4 weeks.

He said he is sorry to disappoint his German fans but looks forward to seeing you all next June.

The alert was in German so maybe one of our German members could translate the finer details. There is mention of the song "Alive" but I don't understand whether Meat was going to perform that one or if they are now just going to play it at the match.

Let's all hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Diane

MEAT LOAF MUSS AUFTRITT BEI BOXKAMPF ABSAGEN

Der Sänger erhält Reiseverbot von seinen Ärzten, wird aber wieder vollständig genesen.

Ein Sprecher von Rockstar Meat Loaf erklärte heute, dass der Sänger an einer akuten Infektion leidet und deshalb in der kommenden Woche nicht auftreten kann. Der Sänger wurde vergangenes Wochenende krank. Ärzte rieten ihm momentan nicht zu reisen. Meat Loaf wird momentan in Los Angeles behandelt und es wird vermutet, dass er innerhalb der nächsten 2-4 Wochen vollkommen genesen wird.

Die Ärzte haben Meat Loaf zur Absage diverser Promotionaktivitäten geraten, unter anderem seinen Auftritt am kommenden Samstag, anlässlich des von RTL übertragenen Boxkampfes von Axel Schulz gegen Brian "The Beast" Minto im Gerry Weber Stadion in Halle/Westfalen. Meat Loaf sollte dort seinen song "Alive" aus seinem aktuellen Top 10 Album "Bat Out Of Hell" performen, um Schulz' Comeback zu unterstützen.

Diese Nachricht war eine große Enttäuschung für Meat Loaf, der sich sehr darauf gefreut hatte, seine deutschen Fans zu sehen. "Obwohl ich dieses Jahr schon einige Male in Deutschland war, hatte ich mich sehr darauf gefreut vor so einer großen Fernsehzuschauerschaft aufzutreten und ich bin sehr enttäuscht, dass mich die Krankheit erstmal ans Bett gefesselt hat", sagt Meat Loaf. "Obwohl ich momentan KO bin, wünsche ich Axel Schulz viel Glück am Samstag, und freue mich darauf, meine deutschen Fans im Juni zu sehen, wenn ich dort auf Tour bin."

Devil's Son
22 Nov 2006, 22:04
Get well soon, Meaty !!!
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1310/bigsmilie75el9.gif

R.
22 Nov 2006, 22:09
Your translation is pretty accurate, despite the German/English mix called Neudeutsch ...

It basically says that it's a big disappointment for Meat for not being able to perform "Alive" in front of a large TV audience in order to support Axel Schulz' comeback.

clpmss
22 Nov 2006, 22:14
GET WELL VERY VERY SOON!!!! He look wonderful last night on the American Music Awards.
Didn't sing, just presented.

Diane
22 Nov 2006, 22:30
Your translation is pretty accurate, despite the German/English mix called Neudeutsch ...
Thanks R. and Babel Fish!

It basically says that it's a big disappointment for Meat for not being able to perform "Alive" in front of a large TV audience in order to support Axel Schulz' comeback.
Would have been wonderful to see a live performance of "Alive" and it would also have been a golden promo opportunity for Bat III.

Diane

Vickip
22 Nov 2006, 22:46
Right you are Diane :(
It also said that he's been recovering since last weekend, which may explain why he didn't sing on the AMA show last night.

I hope you feel better soon Meat !!
Vicki

amethyst
23 Nov 2006, 01:06
Sending lots of love and best wishes for a speedy recovery Meat ~ oh and if you need a nurse (or two or three) im sure we could arrange something with the rest of the ladies on the site ;) ;) .

ames xx

Jeanie
23 Nov 2006, 02:36
Sorry to hear this.. :(

I hope you are feeling better soon, Meat.

Love, Jeanie xo

JanT
23 Nov 2006, 02:41
Feel better soon.

mszee
23 Nov 2006, 02:43
Get well soon!!!

clpmss
23 Nov 2006, 03:21
Count me in for a nurse.

Blackkat13
23 Nov 2006, 03:26
Hope he gets well soon......

Pudding
23 Nov 2006, 04:46
He didn't look too badly on the AMA clip.

I'm hoping this isn't a bad omen for next years tour, I'm just getting flashbacks of the CHSIB tour when he was ill how many times?

Pud :twisted:

Blackkat13
23 Nov 2006, 06:13
Well he better start taking Vitamins, and get a flu shot....that might help out and eat plenty of fruit.

Rockette
23 Nov 2006, 07:16
Burning the candle at both ends at our ages is a no-go zone, Meat.

Hoping lots of home-made chicken soup can soon bring you back up to top speed.

sunneke
23 Nov 2006, 07:23
Get well soon dear Meat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

firefly
23 Nov 2006, 07:51
Get well soon Meat!!!!
Lots of love comin your way!

Feleena
23 Nov 2006, 08:36
Wishing you a speedy recovery Meat, look after yourself.

Feleena x

ROSIE
23 Nov 2006, 09:13
Well I could fly out and nurse him I am not on duty for a few days..

Rosie

Fallen Angel
23 Nov 2006, 10:17
Get Well Soon. We're all rootin' for ya:)
hugs
leeann

Caelan
23 Nov 2006, 10:22
get well soon Meat...

please take good care of yourself...

Christel

Sapphire Lady
23 Nov 2006, 10:28
http://media.mlxxfc.net/images65789.jpg

Hope you feel better soon Meat.

x x x

SuperLoafMan
23 Nov 2006, 10:30
Get well soon Meat!

MeatGrl1
23 Nov 2006, 10:42
Sorry to hear this.
Here is wishing you a speedy recovery ;-).

Take Care

XxX

Mike Piercy
23 Nov 2006, 11:17
Well I could fly out and nurse him I am not on duty for a few days..

Rosie

He's trying to get better Rosie !!!!!!

Mike

Benny
23 Nov 2006, 12:00
Get well soon Meat, take care.

Deb
23 Nov 2006, 12:14
He didn't look too badly on the AMA clip.

I'm hoping this isn't a bad omen for next years tour, I'm just getting flashbacks of the CHSIB tour when he was ill how many times?

Pud :twisted:

And The Very Best of :(

Hope you're feeling better soon Meat and can make it to the Royal Variety Performance as that is a huge show with tons of publicity.

Deb

AndyK
23 Nov 2006, 12:19
Royal Variety Performance as that is a huge show with tons of publicity.

Deb

Good point Deb, fingers crossed that Meat is back on his feet again for that!

bee-jay
23 Nov 2006, 12:27
Wishing you a speedy recovery Meat.

XxX

CarylB
23 Nov 2006, 12:27
Well he was standing pretty well on them at the AMA awards :) And as the bulletin said this developed at the weekend, I'm sure he's recovering and hopes to be fit to fly in time for the RVS :) And I guess it's the flight that was the problem for the appearance he's had to cancel

Caryl

Loafy Meats
23 Nov 2006, 12:32
Poor Meat, what a shame. hope its nothing too serious. We've had so many viruses going round the office just now, I've been sick on and off for about 6 weeks - its terrible.

Meataholic
23 Nov 2006, 13:22
Best wishes for a quick recovery Meat.

Skeleton
23 Nov 2006, 15:52
Get well soon, Meat.

Heidi

meat_loaf
23 Nov 2006, 15:56
Get well soon Meat...

LucyK!
23 Nov 2006, 17:07
I will, selflessly, help Rosie be a nurse :))

Get well soon Meat! x

Ageing Bat
23 Nov 2006, 19:03
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Meat

SuperLoafMan
24 Nov 2006, 14:12
And The Very Best of :(

Hope you're feeling better soon Meat and can make it to the Royal Variety Performance as that is a huge show with tons of publicity.

Deb

I was thinking the same about whether Meat was performing at the RVP when I read it on the BBC website,

Really hope he is there, get better real soon son!

meatloaf-unofficial
24 Nov 2006, 23:44
well - its best if he is going to be ill, to be ill now and not when the tour starts! Besides that - I hope you get better soon and hopefully you are well enough to perform at the RVP as that will just be so awsome - and its a big broadcast aswell. Good publicity for the new single :-)

geordieloaf
25 Nov 2006, 00:39
Hope you can make the rvp a chance to show everyone how awesome you are live.
Here's to a speedy recovery.