PDA

View Full Version : Bat I, Bat II, Bat III,??????

faolteam
08 Nov 2006, 00:34
Which Album do you think is the Creme of the Creme???? :-P

Vickip
08 Nov 2006, 00:40
Which Album do you think is the Creme of the Creme???? :-P

Bat III :-)
Vicki

duke knooby
08 Nov 2006, 00:41
without a shadow of a doubt, in my opinion, bat 2

Jackoutofhell
08 Nov 2006, 00:47
Definitely Bat 1

MeatGrl1
08 Nov 2006, 00:52
Each Bat is different and the styles are different as is all of Meat's albums actually, hense I do not have favourites. I love all three Bat's for different reasons but I am not prepared to list them all now :shock: !

mszee
08 Nov 2006, 00:55
The only Bat so far I can live without is Bat II...hard to decide which one...but if I have to choose one, it has to be Bat I...

tinkerbell
08 Nov 2006, 01:03
Bat 1, means so much to me:heart:

faolteam
08 Nov 2006, 01:05
BAT I, no com:cool: parisson

duke knooby
08 Nov 2006, 01:17
i got bored with bat 1 after maybe 6 years, still not bored with bat 2 after 13 years and bored with bat 3 already, but thats just me, strikes me as more like chsib style album. no offence meant!

mindnick1
08 Nov 2006, 01:55
BAT ONE

The first, and it could never be repeated,
2 and 3 are great but the lack of activity from steinman on these albums makes Bat one the masterpiece...

mindnick1
08 Nov 2006, 01:57
i got bored with bat 1 after maybe 6 years, still not bored with bat 2 after 13 years and bored with bat 3 already, but thats just me, strikes me as more like chsib style album. no offence meant!

You are so right, many of the non steinman songs on bat 3 could have easily been on CHSIB

mszee
08 Nov 2006, 02:03
BAT ONE

The first, and it could never be repeated,
2 and 3 are great but the lack of activity from steinman on these albums makes Bat one the masterpiece...

Lack of Steinman activity on Bat II???

*Blink*

mindnick1
08 Nov 2006, 02:29
Lack of Steinman activity on Bat II???

*Blink*

i suppose what i meant could have been said different, but on BAT 2 we were only really given 4 or 5 new steinman songs as the others had already appeared on previous recordings like bad for good or pandoras box. i am glad meat recorded them and they are great but when it came out at least for me they did not seem new at all. The same can be said for BAT 3....

JanT
08 Nov 2006, 02:39
Bat 1 easily.

Sapphire Lady
08 Nov 2006, 10:10
I would have to choose Bat II as that's what got me into Meat Loaf :D

daveake
08 Nov 2006, 10:40
Original is best.

The Flying Mouse
08 Nov 2006, 11:04
:twisted: Got to be Bat I 8)

Saying that, it's all one album anyway, so what the hell :mrgreen:

Eddie's Teddy
08 Nov 2006, 11:09
I would have to choose Bat II as that's what got me into Meat Loaf :D

Ditto. It's the album that made me realise I could LOVE music not just like it. It has sentimental value for me. I think if I could only have one album to listen to for the rest of my life it would have to be this one. :D

RadioMaster
08 Nov 2006, 14:17
Bat2, followed closely by Bat3.

Not really because of a emotional value, it´s just the best music, most dramatic, most emotional and all just fits together.

LucyK!
08 Nov 2006, 14:21
From a music point of view I couldn't choose, as each is different in it's own right.

From a personal point of view it would be, without doubt, Bat II

Eddie's Teddy
08 Nov 2006, 14:30
Bat2, followed closely by Bat3.

Not really because of a emotional value, it´s just the best music, most dramatic, most emotional and all just fits together.

Yeah, I meant to say that as well. :))

AndyK
08 Nov 2006, 14:58
How can you differentiate on a personal level when each album has been around during a different defining period of your life?

Musically Bat is the best IMO, For pure fun factor Bat II and probably emotionally Bat III, but next week that could well be different.

Debbi V
08 Nov 2006, 15:14
I totally agree, Andy!!

I'd have to say that I like them all for different reasons. Just like Meat's style and voice, my taste in music has evolved over the years so each means alot to me in their own unique way.

At 17: Bat I was just so different from everything else out there at the time and hit a deep emotional cord with me

In my 20's, Bat II continued the "big" sound I had come to love when everything else was so techno and manic.

And now, Bat III is just so much fun!! Meat's voice, in my humble opinion, has come full circle. It's deeper, fuller, richer . . . . just like me . . . well, I haven't quite perfected the richer part yet :angst: . As an adult, I can appreciate the stories behind the songs. And I must say, "Pigs" just screams of political satire. I love it! Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I loved "Animal Farm" in highschool.

OK . . . I rambled enough. Bottom line, I couldn't possibly pick just one as a favorite. Just like all of you (admit it now ;) ), I don't absolutely love every song on any one album. If I HAD to pick a favorite, I'd say it's BAT III . . . why . . . because I can enjoy it with my son, Niko. I got him into Meat back when he was 10 when he attended his first real concert with me in Mississippi - thanks for the backsatge chat Meat!! He's really into music now (plays guitar) and we've had some great times in the car listening to BAT III at MEGA volume! He just loves "If It Ain't Broke". Anything that keeps my teenager thinking I'm even "semi-cool" is OK in my book.

Eddie's Teddy
08 Nov 2006, 16:01
How can you differentiate on a personal level when each album has been around during a different defining period of your life?

Because, if Bat II had never been released then I would never have known about Bat I. Bat II was the first album I fell in love with. I was only 13 and didn't have a scooby doo who Meat Loaf was. I wasn't around when Bat I was released. That's why it's slightly more special to me on a personal level.

allrevvedup
08 Nov 2006, 16:16
Bat I overall...maybe cause it was the first and it's always hard to get the spark and magic of the first time (in lots of cases) into others. There's a sense of learning as you go.

I'm sure a thread will pop up asking to pick the the ten best songs overall from the three albums.

judith
08 Nov 2006, 16:32
It is very difficult to choose between the albums as all have different meanings. I find it hard to choose as each Bat album represents parts of my life, teens , twenties and now adulthood!!!!!!!!!!.

Blainey
08 Nov 2006, 16:53
Eeven though the original Bat IS untouchable, and the reason why we are posting on here, I like Bat 2 best and Bat 3 second. Bat 3 is new yet dramatic/operatic etc and Bat 2 still sounds new and the songs seem more intense to me at the same time.

Kev
08 Nov 2006, 16:53
Bat one without a doubt.

The general consensus of Bat III is that it's the runt of the litter and that Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad... :(

amethyst
08 Nov 2006, 17:11
As others have said before, I cant choose which one I like over the others as they all have different meanings for me. I love them all ~ grins. :D

ames xx

djfierce
08 Nov 2006, 17:12
Bat II for me only because almost every song on there seems to represent me more than the others,i love the other two but as a whole album it has to be the 2nd one.
I think Bat III is a little too new to be figuring into this debate just yet.

RadioMaster
08 Nov 2006, 17:51
interesting...:sherlock:
we´ve got basically two groups here

A: It´d be blasphemic to put an album above Bat I, it´s the holy grail
B: Bat II, cause I am so emotionally connected with the songs

very interesting, maybe a question of age, I dunno

Mick Loaf
08 Nov 2006, 17:55
Bat I, The first album I ever bought.

meatloaf-unofficial
08 Nov 2006, 17:59
I like them all :-) Hard to choose but can I ask - willthere ever be a new album as Meat did talk about a album of demos !! Is this true ??

Vickip
08 Nov 2006, 18:11
I like them all :-) Hard to choose but can I ask - willthere ever be a new album as Meat did talk about a album of demos !! Is this true ??

I remember Meat mentioning in an interview that they'll be doing a box set, co-produced by Jim Steinman and Desmond Child, with some new songs and rare demos :-) It sounds great !

I'm very patient and willing to wait because I'm totally engrossed in Bat III right now :))

Vicki

The Flying Mouse
08 Nov 2006, 18:21
Bat one without a doubt.

The general consensus of Bat III is that it's the runt of the litter and that Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad... :(

:twisted: I don't that's a general consensus at all :shock:

Lord Kagan
08 Nov 2006, 18:22
Id have to pick batII, Has Lemon, Everything louder, Frying pan etc, All great songs

Kev
08 Nov 2006, 18:38
:twisted: I don't that's a general consensus at all :shock:

You might want to read a few reviews and ask about a bit :)

robgomm
08 Nov 2006, 18:39
Really tough question, but i'd have to say Bat II followed closely by Bat III. Bat I paved the way and will always be a legend, but I always felt it wasn't quite complete, it was only 7 songs after all. Bat II had lots of great songs on it and many of the fan favourites come from there. I would say though that if Bat III had stopped at song 12, or maybe even 13 and left off Cry to heaven, I think there could be an argument made that it's his best album ever. As it is I think it's extremely close to Bat II, we're talking photo finish.

geordieloaf
09 Nov 2006, 00:50
I was going to say bat 1 straight away but after reading through what other's have said i think they all appeal on so many different levels it's so hard to say that's my fav. Plus as i haven't listend to anything but bat 3 for age's it's hard enough to think clearly about anything at the moment.
Christ i think what the flying mouse said is right can't we just class all three as one album?

Caelan
09 Nov 2006, 09:35
Christ i think what the flying mouse said is right can't we just class all three as one album?

yes please..
they are more to be one instead of 3 seperate albums to me..
they belong together imo;)

Meataholic
09 Nov 2006, 14:31
I agree that all 3 Bats belong together.

I love them all & each has a very different, but extremely special, place in my heart.

But if I had to choose just one album, that I couldn’t live without, it would have to be Bat111. Personally, I find that Bat111 is more of a rock album & at the same time it is more emotional - And this is the kind of music I truly, truly love.

Also IMO Meat’s voice has matured to perfection!!

Of course, who knows how I’ll feel in another 30 years time;)

Heather

jossnjuice
10 Nov 2006, 12:13
for me without a doubt its bat 2. dramatic irony runs thru the whole album and the subtlety of the ballads mixed in makes it a masterpiece!

clpmss
10 Nov 2006, 13:49
Bat III, but I feel in my heart that there is one more Bat that will come out to complete the series. Think about word that are spoken in Paradise.
First base - Bat I
Second base - Bat II
Third base - Bat III
Squeeze play - Bat IV

Just my opinion.