PDA

View Full Version : "Meat Loaf to Embark on Last World Tour"

Alex
06 Apr 2003, 12:59
News taken from BBC1 Teletext page 543 in the UK :

US Rocker Meat Loaf is embarking on his final world tour, having chosen to devote his career to acting.

The singer, 51, kicks off his world tour on June 22 in California before touring in Europe, Australia and Asia.

"He wants to... devote himself to acting" said his spokesman, Dan Forman. "He has the acting bug."

Meat Loaf, who on a Grammy for his 1993 hit I'll Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That), starred in Fight Club and the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Thats all there is. Nothing really new information. But news is news, good or bad! :P. Though from what I remember Fireball posting somewhere (can't remember which forum, but on the here somewhere). No world tour is NOT the same as no shows or live concerts, be warey of reading too much into such comments :)

Very few people save for the huge artists do world tours, yet they are irritatingly everywhere at the moment! :D

Have fun!
Alex

Bart
06 Apr 2003, 20:41
How many artists have survived so many worldtours as Meat did. It is really amazing. Meat has toured the last 20 years as if there was no tomorrow. Most singers or popgroups cannot manage it. They do 2 or 3 tours and they get a breakdown or something like that. Can you believe it that he is doing maybe 150, 2 1/2 hoursshows a year, and then year after year. For the last 20 years? Now he is 55, and he is doing it again. That is the real rock 'n'roll.

The Flying Mouse
07 Apr 2003, 00:45
:twisted: Yes,I think it's funny when all these young pop stars drop out of a tour half way through because of exhaustion :lol: .
When was the last time a boy band needed an oxygen tank backstage?
They don't know what hard work is.

Bart
07 Apr 2003, 22:44
In earlier days they started to sing on the stage, then after years they made a record and then they toured. Nowaday they make a record, make a video and than they start touring. it is just the other way round. Most artist don't like touring so much.