PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Kimmel Live - TV

meatloaf-unofficial
30 Oct 2006, 15:23
Can someone please tape the Jimmy Kimmel Live show on 31/10/06 for us please...

Link is here : http://www.vh1.com/artists/rock_on_tv/show_info.jhtml?type=artist&motvId=12292&startdoc=7

mindnick1
01 Nov 2006, 04:28
currently soundchecking with paradise 6.25pm
more to follow.......

Jackoutofhell
01 Nov 2006, 04:39
Coooll. I hope he performs something from Bat III.

Blackkat13
01 Nov 2006, 08:30
www.jimmykimmel.net believe that is the site...if so you should be able to see tonights performance.

vrg
01 Nov 2006, 09:01
I saw the TV show, and the Jimmy Kimmel Live site was listed, but Meat's performance has not been put on as of now.

This TV program started with Meat and the band around 12:52AM, and only showed an abbreviated Paradise, and then IACBTMN while the closing credits ran. Meat looked great - velvet coat - and sounded just fine. He sang Paradise with more of an edge, and more dramatic emphasis. What little IACBTMN I could see both Meat and Marion performed beautifully.

I'll be anxious to see what else they did for this concert. This is obviously similar to the Today Show, in that the people there in the audience saw a lot more than was shown on TV.

Blackkat13
01 Nov 2006, 09:37
http://abc.go.com/primetime/jimmykimmel/index.html

Hope they post it soon.

M.Bison
01 Nov 2006, 14:55
I heard they did five minutes of Paradise but only 45 seconds of All Coming Back. I was looking forward to seeing another full stunning performance of Meat and Marion. The producers screwed it up with a little concept called "Air Time."

clpmss
01 Nov 2006, 15:02
recorded it. Black velvet jacket and vest with a white shirt, black jeans. Did a little bit of paradise. Looking and sounding awesome. Nothing on Jimmy Kimmel website as of yet. Very, very short performance.

loaferman61
01 Nov 2006, 15:16
I heard they did five minutes of Paradise but only 45 seconds of All Coming Back. I was looking forward to seeing another full stunning performance of Meat and Marion. The producers screwed it up with a little concept called "Air Time."

Meat and the band sound better with each performance. This was the best of the recent appearances and the people from the show cut out during the early parts of the new single?? That's what we need promoted, although it is good to get Meat's name back out there and the cd shown on tv. I suppose Marion wonders why she bothered going since she only got a few lines in before it ended. I am sure any publicicity is good publicity, but people need to hear the single to help US airplay & radio requests.

meatloaf-unofficial
01 Nov 2006, 15:25
can someone please send me a link to where I can see this video as I cannot seem to find it on the Jimmiy Kimmel Website.

Thanks
:-)

M.Bison
01 Nov 2006, 15:58
I suppose Marion wonders why she bothered going since she only got a few lines in before it ended.

I feel sorry for her that she got so little airtime...

clpmss
01 Nov 2006, 17:28
Others got more airtime then Meat did. I stayed up just to see him.

loaferman61
01 Nov 2006, 20:07
Others got more airtime then Meat did. I stayed up just to see him.

I almost did but decided to record it. I figured he'd be late in the show. I don't understand booking and setting up a band like that and doing such poor time management. I don't know how tv shows run behind the scenes but I can't imagine they planned to end that early into a guest's current single. I am glad for the publicity but wish they'd got "Coming Back" in to help boost the single a little.

loaferman61
01 Nov 2006, 20:28
I read elsewhere that the Kimmel show does this a lot of the time, so I stand corrected. At least it wasn't something that happened just to Meat and the band that hasn't happened to others.

clpmss
01 Nov 2006, 21:43
It was a bunch of bull. All this hipe to watch the show and when people do, they don't see what they are suppose to. No wonder why I don't watch TV that much. It was great seeing him but in my opinion a rip off.

M.Bison
01 Nov 2006, 21:53
Is there any truth to if they're going to put the full performance of All Coming Back on their website? If not, I'm going to send an E-Mail complaining about the way they hype things and end the show mid-song. If they're smart enough they'll eat the plate of crow and cop on!

Pudding
02 Nov 2006, 01:34
can someone please send me a link to where I can see this video as I cannot seem to find it on the Jimmiy Kimmel Website.

You shouldn't need to ask where to find the clip ;)

It's amazing me how many are whinging like little kids because they didn't get to see the whole song sung...FFS...how many times do you want to see it sung live on TV? Meat got some great exposure, be happy. 60% of a song is better than no song at all in my opinion.

Pud :twisted:

M.Bison
02 Nov 2006, 01:59
60% of a song is better than no song at all in my opinion.

You have a point there Pud! At least we get the song in it's glory on the Meagan Mullaly show so I'll just get over the Kemmel thing. :D But enjoying all the promo we would want to see him perform as much as possible...Can't get enough of it (and Marion;) )

loaferman61
02 Nov 2006, 18:09
You have a point there Pud! At least we get the song in it's glory on the Meagan Mullaly show so I'll just get over the Kemmel thing. :D But enjoying all the promo we would want to see him perform as much as possible...Can't get enough of it (and Marion;) )

It's the internet so we have to whine about something, even if it's whining about other people whining about something. (we all think we ourselves would never whine about anything but we do). It's like an immutable law of the universe or something. I think those of us you think are whining are now required to whine about your whining. i'll have to consult the rulebook. :lol: