PDA

View Full Version : Kelly show review

ChrisBelfast
05 Apr 2003, 00:43
Hi Sue,
Unfortunately unlike Dick The Fire Wizzard, I couldnt get tickets to the Kelly show, so my review comes from watching it on TV.
Im sure Dick will give us a review also.
Meat started the show with a mimed anything for love, did an interview and then finished with a mimed CHSIB. Patti and Kasim were with him. At the end of the show he made a point after Gerry Kelly shouted his name to introduce Patti who he said he loved and was an awsome musician and then he inroduced Kasim, who he told everyone was on BOOH the original. He made everyone give them a round of applause.
Brief summary of interview was about his new album which he said he believed was his best yet and he now has proof in the form of Rolling Stone magazine who he said also called it his best album. Meat also announced he will do a Belfast concert as part of his last world tour in December.
Meat also mentioned talking to fans on the Net - he named one who I presume was Dick. Unfortunately he didnt give this site - he just said he talked to people on the internet - im sure he meant here and Dick.
Said this was his last tour - his mind could go on but not his body. Said he only found out about Bat3 in january and he honestly though CHSIB was going to be his last album. Also mentioned he is working on a Duets CD - WITH PEOPLE SUCH AS LL COOL J. I don't know if its an all Meat loaf duet CD or if its different people and meat happens to be with LL cool J. We'll see! Anyway thats another new Meat cd to look forward to. I really hope its all Meat duets - imagine the stars he could sing with. Bonnie tyler was also on the show too! but not with Meat. I think thats it, anything i forgot im sure Dick will fill us in. well done Dick, congrats on being there!! wish i could have been!

tbuck
05 Apr 2003, 02:24
Thanks for the info, mlig.

T

Dick
05 Apr 2003, 02:41
Hi all, i'll post a review tomorrow once i've remembered it all. Meat was so dead on and he introduced me to Bonnie Tyler.

Dick
05 Apr 2003, 14:20
Rite, here we go.

I arrived at the Kelly Studio at 6.30 and said i was here to see Meat Loaf, the receptionist said, "Meat has just left but he will be back at about 8.30. He has been asking all day if you had arrived or not."

So i went to the Europa Hotel for some drinks with my Mum and at about 7.45 we headed back to the studios. When we arrived we were told that there weren't any seats but they would do their best to fit us in. I was waiting for about 45-60 mins in the studio cafe, when i finally got up and walked to reception and asked if Meat was there, because he is expecting me. I waited another minute and the big man himself came out from his dressing room and spoke to me and shook my hand and he told me he would speak to me after the show.

The show started and Meat was imediately introduced he played about for a bit and kicked the show off with "anything for love". He took a seat on the sofa and talked about his new album and how was from Irish decent. He then said, "I'll tell you why i did the Kelly Show, i was talking to a guy on the internet called Richard Sherwood(me) who is here tonight and is from Belfast, and he said to me the only show too do, in big letters he said Gerry Kelly. After more plugging the album a bit more Meat sang "I Couldn't Have Said It Better Myself". Meat then took a photo (still on the air) for his website with Kelly. When the show went off the air Meat had another photo taken with Kelly and May McFettridge(a local cross dressing comedian, who entertains the audience before the show and at the intervals).

I left the studio and waited in the foyer until the end off the show, Meat then came out where about 50 people from the show were waiting for him and i do believe he signed everthing for everyone. He then spoke to me again and signed stuff for me, and he told me he would see me in december. He then took photos with me again for his website, which he said will be opening in June.

He then left, and i followed him out to the car park and shouted, i'll see ya Meat and he yelled back bye Richard.

An over whelming experience. Cant wait to meet him again.

Dick.

mariella
05 Apr 2003, 14:24
Dick, I think it's fantastic!

Great day to you! (Another great day!)

Mariella

R.
05 Apr 2003, 14:32
"I'll tell you why i did the Kelly Show, i was talking to a guy on the internet called Richard Sherwood(me) ...

Oh ... on the internet? I wonder where exactly? :))
Who was that Fire Ball guy again?

8)
R.

Dick
05 Apr 2003, 17:01
It was funny because he said to my mum, "I knew they thought it was me, but i also knew they weren't too sure. (He then looked at me) Now you know that Fire Ball really is me."

Dick.

P.S. Meat also talked about having a bad knee and having 3 surgeries on it after he did "Fight Club"

M.Bison
05 Apr 2003, 21:04
I also saw the Kelly Show and it was really good, so here's my review:
First we start with I Would Do Anything For Love and it was kind-of funny especially with Patti miming Lorraine's voice and after that Meat said to Gerry "I see you! I see you! You belong to me!" and so on and when he started talking about that user on the internet I assumed it was Dick the Fire Wizard and probably was and he talked about Rolling Stone magazine and before he preformed CHSIB he took a photograph with Gerry (crossed wires I think Dick) and that was the first time I ever heard CHSIB and so I taught it was brilliant, it was even better than I'd Lie For You so I'm looking foward to hearing this song live and I taped it and after CHSIB was over Meat kissed Patti and I'm not joking here but that made me wish that I was Meat then he jokes saying that Patti was Irish because of her last name and he said that Kasim was Irish as well. After it was over I was way over the top then I few minutes later I was down. Speaking of Patti she was so beatiful and the fact comes out that yes it's true I'm mad about her even though it was Dana Patrick that I liked in the first place that has al changed so I think Patti is way better than Dana Patrick in every way, shape, and form so that means I'm in love with Patti and hope to think that she'll be on this fourm someday and I also hope I'm going to Belfast and get a backstage pass for you know why.
Just when exactly is Meat appearing on the BBC Lottery?
M.Bison.