PDA

View Full Version : Meat On Strictly come dancing

batcity
17 Oct 2006, 22:24
21 oct, on bbc1 at 5.45pm meat will be on strictly come dancing so read in radio times.

23rd oct 9.30 - 12. 00am on radio 2 Ken Bruce, week long spotlight on bat 3

L96
17 Oct 2006, 22:35
How can one dance on radio? Unless it's a form of tapdancing that pulverises the radio set. :D

djfierce
17 Oct 2006, 23:08
Strictly come dancing is a tv show
I believe the radio reference is a completely different thing altogether

mjbo
17 Oct 2006, 23:19
21 oct, on bbc1 at 5.45pm meat will be on strictly come dancing so read in radio times.

Cool....will definitely have to watch out for that. :D

JanT
17 Oct 2006, 23:45
How can one dance on radio? Unless it's a form of tapdancing that pulverises the radio set. :D

They used to have a ventriloquist on radio when my mother was younger. :shock:

elton22
21 Oct 2006, 01:50
Is he going to be on it? If so, do we know when abouts the extra act ususlly comes on?

elton

CarylB
21 Oct 2006, 02:35
Yes he is .. and the guest spot is I think during the first segment of the show, ie before the later part where they announce the voting results .. but don't hold me to that .. I'm just trying to remember from the last series of Celebs Come Prancing :)

Caryl

SueW
21 Oct 2006, 11:38
Just before Strictly Come Dancing at 9.35pm (which I understand is the part where Meat Loaf will perform), there's a clip of him on TOTP2 on BBC2 on the show that lasts from 9.05pm until 9.35pm too!

SueW
http://www.KasimInfo.com/Blog.html

The Flying Mouse
21 Oct 2006, 15:30

:twisted: I've done some vent on the radio :mrgreen:

mszee
21 Oct 2006, 15:39
:twisted: I've done some vent on the radio :mrgreen:

That must have been the performance of your life!!!

Ankie
21 Oct 2006, 16:02
Just before Strictly Come Dancing at 9.35pm (which I understand is the part where Meat Loaf will perform), there's a clip of him on TOTP2 on BBC2 on the show that lasts from 9.05pm until 9.35pm too!

SueW
http://www.KasimInfo.com/Blog.html

Mind you this is UK time, so for everyone in the rest of Europe; it is 10.35 pm ;)

mjbo
21 Oct 2006, 20:13
Believe it is in the second part where the results are announced. :D :D

Hypnobabe
21 Oct 2006, 21:14
Brucie and Tess have just announced he'll be on the second bit, at 9.35

Monstro
21 Oct 2006, 21:25
I can't believe i just sat thru that to find out the Man's not on til the second part of the show, kinda reminds me of why I don't watch a lot of tv.

SamCat
21 Oct 2006, 21:38
And Meat is supposed to be on TOTP2 tonight on BBC2 at 9:05!!

Leah
21 Oct 2006, 21:59
Wow two meaty treats tonight!!:cheer: :yay:

Ben
21 Oct 2006, 22:22
:D yay!!

lorenzoduke
21 Oct 2006, 22:48
Hi guys
just in case anyone doesn't know, Meat will be on Top Of The Pops 2 on BBC 2 in a matter of minutes (just after Q.I. finishes).

Flip over to BBC 1 at 9.30pm for a live performance on Strictly Come Dancing Fever On Ice or whatever the hell it is. Anyone noticed Bruce Forsyth is turning into Vincent Price? :cool:

Mick Loaf
21 Oct 2006, 23:24
Just flicked the channel to see Meat singing Anything for Love and
the writing mentioned the new album. Good plug.:D

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Monstro
21 Oct 2006, 23:24
That was brilliant, I'd forgotten how good Patti looked in that performance!!!!

Roll on 9.35!!!!!

Monstro
21 Oct 2006, 23:26
loved the ref to the fact that that song was the..ahem..Monster hit off Bat 2 lol

Mick Loaf
Indeed I just found a very similar thread, so mods feel free to delete.:-)

Paul191
yep......... Let's hope his vocals are great and he hit's this with a T......... No doubt he will...... unless nerves kick in.

lorenzoduke
21 Oct 2006, 23:37
I hope it's live-live and not lip synced like CHSIB was on a couple of shows...

Paul191
21 Oct 2006, 23:44
I hope it's live-live and not lip synced like CHSIB was on a couple of shows...

Me too

AndrewG
22 Oct 2006, 00:02
Lip sync it was :-(

Ben
22 Oct 2006, 00:03
lol, never mind

lorenzoduke
22 Oct 2006, 00:04
I heard not long ago that BBC shows like this never use live performances for some technical reasons or other...regardless, it was good promo. Meat had the prescence, and Maid Marion is stunning. Call me. :P

Monstro
22 Oct 2006, 00:04
Spoilt by the dancers and audience as well as Brucie and his pathetic sausage roll joke.

mattloaf
22 Oct 2006, 00:05
wow just saw meat and that gorgous bird sing acbtmn shame it wasnt live. how can u not have meat not singing live. was good show thought even those it wasnt all focused on meat and partner.

and is meat tryin to grow his famous hair again? i miss them days wen he had it tired back wen he was sweating dripping wet.

roll on wembley.

matty

BillyPhatu
22 Oct 2006, 00:05
It wasn't live... they were miming. But I think that's a good thing, not worth the risk at this vital time! I loved the dancing that happened during the song - very stylish.

jools35
22 Oct 2006, 00:06
Hi,

I have just watched Marion & Meat preform 'IACBTMN'
It was a very good performance, but seemed to be the short version.

Only Mark and Kasin were visable of the band

Julian

mjbo
22 Oct 2006, 00:07
Spoilt by the dancers and audience as well as Brucie and his pathetic sausage roll joke.

Yep the cameras focused a lot on the dancers so it was more like a CD playing in the background to provide music. Not to worry as we got to see Meat and Marion. :D

Paul191

It was spoilt by dancers big time.... but not spoilt by Bruce, the joke was light hearted because him and Meat are actually good friends, lol.

However, all round it was exellent promo!! Well done Meat!;)

daveake
That was brilliant, I'd forgotten how good Patti looked in that performance!!!!

Roll on 9.35!!!!!

She did indeed :-)

Non-UK'ers and others who missed it can get it here ...

http://www.daveakerman.com/dave/AFL%20on%20TOTP2.mp4

Dave

Mick Loaf
I now know how to dance to that song though LOL!

I loved Brucie's joke, he used it at the All Star Cup, and like all of
his material you know it's coming. Keep on rockin Brucie!:lol:

mattloaf
22 Oct 2006, 00:08
It wasn't live... they were miming. But I think that's a good thing, not worth the risk at this vital time! I loved the dancing that happened during the song - very stylish.

yea i agree bill. not worth risking meats voice.

very good indeed.

matty

Deeko
22 Oct 2006, 00:08
I'll second that opinion. I know Bruce has some of the worst jokes written for him but that was bad even by his standards lol

Marion was stunning though wasn't she, how well did those black boots compliment that dress :o))

SamCat
22 Oct 2006, 00:09
ok so its Monday 6:30pm It Takes Two!! Meat is going to tell us who's his favourite to win!!! My moneys on Peter & Erin!!!!!!!!!

mjbo
Yep good performance (even if they were not singing live). :D

M.Bison
Those stupid dancers ruined it!:angry: It was focused on them rather than the two stars, grrr. Anyway, Meat performed well despite it being a lipsynch. Words cannot even describe how beautiful Marion Raven is :heart: it's all coming back to me now...

daveake
22 Oct 2006, 00:36
Those stupid dancers ruined it!:angry: It was focused on them rather than the two stars, grrr. Anyway, Meat performed well despite it being a lipsynch. Words cannot even describe how beautiful Marion Raven is :heart: it's all coming back to me now...

Well, it's kinda understandable as it's a dancing show so the stars are the dancers themselves.

Besides too much close-up and they might catch out the lip-synching more often.

Those who missed the performance can get it here:

http://www.daveakerman.com/dave/IACBTMN%20on%20Strictly%20Come%20Dancing.mp4

Dave

JanT
22 Oct 2006, 00:44
I enjoyed it, lip sync or no lip sync. Have you noticed... he acts with his eyes too. :shock:

pinkprincess
22 Oct 2006, 00:56
Me too
meat is also on BBC 2 on monday at 6.30 strictly come dancing [ I know again] and on gmtv wednesday morning I am lucky enough to have that day as my day off seeing as how I couldnt get day off for RAH concert

pinkprincess
22 Oct 2006, 01:01
meat on BBC 2 on monday at 6.30 strictly come dancing: yes I know again and you guys out there will find it boring I like it and I wouldnt mind dancing with Meat. Also on GMTV on wednesday Lucky me my day off seeing as how I couldnt get day off to see him at RAH xxx

mikeloaf
22 Oct 2006, 01:17
They didn't do the full song, it doesn't do it justice, what they did show was vocally strong, they should been allowed to do the whole song because the show was just filling air time anyway. TOTPT, ATF, very good, but Meats performance at RAH was just as good.

Why not just record and release new stuff? I don't understand the politics of the music biz!

soonbbac
22 Oct 2006, 01:23
my god i think i`m gonna av sweet dreams tonight! who agree`s with me that he looked so sexy tonight. you rock my boat meat! he was the highlight of the show!

SueW
22 Oct 2006, 01:34
Here's one screenshot:
http://www.kasiminfo.co.uk/2006/10/SCD06.JPG
More are at http://www.kasiminfo.co.uk/News/1006/21.html

SueW
http://www.KasimInfo.com/2006ML.html

beki
22 Oct 2006, 01:41
Don't get me wrong I love The Loaf but that was miming! I have never known Meat Loaf to mime - those dancers got on my nerves!!
Brucey did that same joke on the Celebrity Golf at the Celtic Manor!!!

elton22
22 Oct 2006, 02:11
That link doesnt work for me does anyone else have it?

elton22

Paul191
22 Oct 2006, 02:23
Don't get me wrong I love The Loaf but that was miming! I have never known Meat Loaf to mime - those dancers got on my nerves!!
Brucey did that same joke on the Celebrity Golf at the Celtic Manor!!!

When an artist mimes it is not always there choice..... It is up to the producers of the programme. Meat basically saw this as a chance to promote the single and the album...... That's all.;)

Jayd
22 Oct 2006, 02:49
This is down to BBC, not Meat, they never usually show live material on SCD, only live singing is the regular performers, and even then sometimes it's music played off a backing track, but this was a chance for Meat to promote his single, and it went well. :D

Pudding
22 Oct 2006, 03:02
This is down to BBC, not Meat

We don't know who it's down to, seems people are quick to make excuses when excuses don't need to be made. It was promo for the single and album and that's all there is to it.

Pud :twisted:

Sue K
22 Oct 2006, 03:13

hey... with a great announcer?.. and an audience with an exceptional imagination ... ;) ... you can put a MIME on radio.. lol...

Orson Wells terrorized nearly a nation ( won't say which... :oops: ... lol ..) with his radio version of War Of The Worlds... people in "said nation"... thought they were under attack by Martians.. lol...

i like listening to radio ...

err.. and especially MEAT on radio... (back to topic i swing.. lol...) ... ;) ...

t...

Jayd
22 Oct 2006, 04:09
We don't know who it's down to, seems people are quick to make excuses when excuses don't need to be made. It was promo for the single and album and that's all there is to it.

Sorry, but anyone who has featured on here, it's mimed, my girlfriend has me watchin this every week, I am with her, so I think I know on this one. I have not seen as yet, a live peformance on SCD, when a artist has appeared, so I don't think a difference will be made for Meat really. And why would anybody be making excuses, it doesn't bother me or anybody if Meat performs live or not, just sounds to me somebody nit-picking. Any promo to me is good, but if the BBC say it's gonna be Meat singing over a track, it's there way, and i think Meat would be happy with that.

samurai7
22 Oct 2006, 06:15
Mick Hucknall didn't mime when he was on it last year.

Jeanie
22 Oct 2006, 07:02
I'll never understand some of you...:evil:

Why can't you just be happy, that Meat & Marion were on the show.. period.. and enjoy watching them, wether they were singing "live" or not.

J.

mikeloaf
22 Oct 2006, 08:12
I was very happy to see Meat get a chance to promote the song and I don't agree that it was mimed at all. It was clearly pre-recorded because straight after the performance Meat and the band completely dissappeared from the dance floor!

RadioMaster
22 Oct 2006, 09:54
miming in such shows is mostly due to the fact that the producers dont want to take the risk of ruining the song through some bad notes or forgotten lyrics....stupid, I know

Eva
22 Oct 2006, 10:22

Why can't you just be happy, that Meat & Marion were on the show.. period.. and enjoy watching them, wether they were singing "live" or not.

J.

I second your words!!!!!!

All the complainer here are strange, I think! :evil:

It was a very nice performance - really enjoyable for the fans!! :-P

Thanks to Dave for posting the clip here so soon.

Eva

Pudding
22 Oct 2006, 10:45
miming in such shows is mostly due to the fact that the producers dont want to take the risk of ruining the song through some bad notes or forgotten lyrics....stupid, I know

Not really. After the BBC2 show the other day I can undertsand there concerns.

But like I said earlier: We don't know who it's down to, seems people are quick to make excuses when excuses don't need to be made. It was promo for the single and album and that's all there is to it.

Deb
22 Oct 2006, 11:35
I was very happy to see Meat get a chance to promote the song and I don't agree that it was mimed at all. It was clearly pre-recorded because straight after the performance Meat and the band completely dissappeared from the dance floor!

It wasn't prerecorded. That show defintely went out live last night and you can clearly see the audience. It's pretty obvious it's mimed and like others have said it happens a lot here. It's no reflection on Meat whatsoever. Nearly every tv show i've seen Meat on / at in the uk over the yrs has been the same.

Just enjoy it for what it is everyone :-) Free promo and a chance to see Meat, Marion and a couple of the band on our tvs :D

Deb

RadioMaster
22 Oct 2006, 11:44
Not really. After the BBC2 show the other day I can undertsand there concerns.

But like I said earlier: We don't know who it's down to, seems people are quick to make excuses when excuses don't need to be made. It was promo for the single and album and that's all there is to it.

I´d like it ten times more if somebody sings live than mime, even if there are two not hitted notes.
The stragest thing I´ve ever seen was Avril Lavigne on TOTP, she said she´d just come to the show if she can sing live, and she did, but didnt hit one single note.

So I guess both, miming and singing got good and bad sides,
we as fans want to hear him sing live, but the general audience just wants to see somebody perform a song there and if they like the song they´ll buy it.
It´s far different to miming on a concert which really should never happen (although I´ve seen it too:( (not Meat, of course))

CarylB
22 Oct 2006, 12:03

Why can't you just be happy, that Meat & Marion were on the show.. period.. and enjoy watching them, whether they were singing "live" or not.

J.

Absolutely .. Meat was there .. he looked great, it was a chance to air the song on a prime time TV show which regularly has 6m viewers on a Saturday night ..

I saw the man on my TV, heard him sing a simply beautiful duet, and echoing what Jayd says .. "it doesn't bother me or anybody if Meat performs live or not, just sounds to me somebody nit-picking. Any promo to me is good" -apart from saying.. it doesn't bother me .. and it shouldn't bother any fans of Meat who truly love and support him whether he performs live or not .. he was there, we heard the song .. it was a few special minutes to treasure .. end of story

Caryl

ROSIE
22 Oct 2006, 12:13
Yes it was good see him on prime time TV:lol: :lol:

more please:lol:

meatloaf-unofficial
22 Oct 2006, 12:28
It wasn't prerecorded. That show defintely went out live last night and you can clearly see the audience. It's pretty obvious it's mimed and like others have said it happens a lot here. It's no reflection on Meat whatsoever. Nearly every tv show i've seen Meat on / at in the uk over the yrs has been the same.

Just enjoy it for what it is everyone :-) Free promo and a chance to see Meat, Marion and a couple of the band on our tvs :D

Deb

I agree with Deb but one thing I didnot like on the show was, those dancers, they took the views away from Meat and Marion!!!!!!

BillyPhatu
22 Oct 2006, 12:49
I liked the whole segment, I thought it was very stylish and not OTT but unforgettable at the same time. Although Meat is the definition of OTT, I feel it would have been out of place on this show. That song is so beautiful and emotional, and having the moody lights and the gothic-romancing dancers was a wonderful touch - for those who aren't so keen on Meat, it took enough attention off of him and put more on the song itself.

And I LOVE Meat's latest outfit, that really gorgeous jacket and shirt. I want one :-P

jcmoorehead
22 Oct 2006, 13:32
The songs great, the promo was great unfortunetely I have now had to sit through half of Strictly Come Dancing to watch it. I feel so dirty :(

Regarding the miming, they probably didnt have time to set up all the instruments, tune them, run sound checks for what about 4-5 minutes of music. It's no big deal it's still promotion and gets the song more known.

MeatGrl1
22 Oct 2006, 14:13
I thought this performance was amazing and I think this debate over miming/lip syncing isn't fair, Meat isn't on our screens often and when he is we tear that performance apart and look for the negative! Meat looked amazing and so did Marion, can we not atleast be proud and happy than trying to tear it apart so it get's to the point where the appreiciation seems to have breathed it's last breath!

ROSIE
22 Oct 2006, 14:17
I totally agree:lol: :lol:

RadioMaster
22 Oct 2006, 15:24
I thought this performance was amazing and I think this debate over miming/lip syncing isn't fair, Meat isn't on our screens often and when he is we tear that performance apart and look for the negative! Meat looked amazing and so did Marion, can we not atleast be proud and happy than trying to tear it apart so it get's to the point where the appreiciation seems to have breathed it's last breath!

If you look CLOSELY at the comments you will see that we are just discussing the fact that many tv performances are mimed, nobody is insulting Meat, if anybody is insulted at all then it are the producers of these shows.

The bottom line is it is bad that many performances are mimed.

tinkerbell
22 Oct 2006, 15:39
who cares really? I can't comment i had my eyes closed enjoying the music, i was floating.

Nice one Meatloaf.

Keab42
22 Oct 2006, 15:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HatyjTs-EZQ

I've kept the quality of this quite low for people with slower connections, if you want the Hi-res version i'll upload it for you.

He's apparently on T4 sometime this weekend, so i'll see if i can get that too.

Sapphire Lady
22 Oct 2006, 16:44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HatyjTs-EZQ

Thanks for posting that - I missed it last night.

I see Marion is wearing the same outfit she wore at RAH.

Deb
22 Oct 2006, 17:10
There's a very good quality recording from last night now on TNW (http://thenakedwire.com/media/2006.10.21%20ML%20BBC1%20Strictly%20Come%20Dancing%20-%20iacbtmn%20.avi) It's recorded from dvdr to avi.

Deb

Leah
22 Oct 2006, 17:43
I sooo enjoyed watching tv last night (which is rare!) We had TWO Meaty treats which was just fantastic. I had butterflies in my tum watching Meat and Marion hoping that it all went fine for them (live tv must be quite scary). Its ashame about the lip-synching but then again its the land of tv and to be expected! I was just happy enough to have Meat on my screen doing what he does best. Way to go Meat! :cheer: :weee:

Keab42
22 Oct 2006, 18:12
I sooo enjoyed watching tv last night (which is rare!) We had TWO Meaty treats which was just fantastic. I had butterflies in my tum watching Meat and Marion hoping that it all went fine for them (live tv must be quite scary). Its ashame about the lip-synching but then again its the land of tv and to be expected! I was just happy enough to have Meat on my screen doing what he does best. Way to go Meat! :cheer: :weee:

it was a good performance, shame they kept focusing on the dancers.

i'm sorry that i could't hit the record button fast enough for TOTP2.

also i missed his entry in 100 greatest pop videos on E4.

Meataholic
22 Oct 2006, 19:38
This prime time TV slot was fantastic publicity for Meat:D

I really, really enjoyed Meat & Marion's performance (as did friends who aren't Meaty fans).

Great stuff Meat:D

gilly
22 Oct 2006, 21:13
Thank God it was mimed at least we were saved a re-run of the Ken Bruce nightmare! Marion is brilliant but doesnt anyone think it makes Meat look a bit of a dirty old man. I will get lynched for this I can see it coming, but look folks get real he's in his own words, an old man (he isnt hes only 59) and she is a very young woman. Surely it would have been better to get someone older to do this duet with him (not necessarily the same age). With whats going on with the McCartneys, no fool like an old fool, surely Marion was not perhaps the best choice. I thought the Aspen/Meat Paradise at the RAH was spot on in its way of dealing with that.

Paul191
22 Oct 2006, 21:30
Thank God it was mimed at least we were saved a re-run of the Ken Bruce nightmare! Marion is brilliant but doesnt anyone think it makes Meat look a bit of a dirty old man. I will get lynched for this I can see it coming, but look folks get real he's in his own words, an old man (he isnt hes only 59) and she is a very young woman. Surely it would have been better to get someone older to do this duet with him (not necessarily the same age). With whats going on with the McCartneys, no fool like an old fool, surely Marion was not perhaps the best choice. I thought the Aspen/Meat Paradise at the RAH was spot on in its way of dealing with that.

You really have no idea at all! Do you even know what the song is about?! It's about a long lost love and the women he is singing to is the women he lost so many years ago....... It would look very odd if he sang to an older women because it would mean the long lost love wouldn't actually be a 'LONG' lost love!

Yes, you were right that you would get lynched for your comment...... However, i'm not lynching you simply because for your comment, it is because of you shear ignorance towards Meat and the song.

gilly
22 Oct 2006, 21:35
And the woman hasnt got any older ? Please can you let all us older gettting females how that happens? Apart from anything else a lot of the people out there watching wouldnt have a clue what the song is about, they would purely take it on face value and on face value, well I rest my case!

Deb
22 Oct 2006, 21:37
She died so no she didnt get any older

Paul191
22 Oct 2006, 21:39
And the woman hasnt got any older ? Please can you let all us older gettting females how that happens? Apart from anything else a lot of the people out there watching wouldnt have a clue what the song is about, they would purely take it on face value and on face value, well I rest my case!

Meat is basically singing to the dead girl as he saw her when she was younger and alive...... Unless you are a beleiver of the undead and can see ghosts then the character in the song would not know what this women would look like as she got older...... He only has his memories to go by.

mszee
22 Oct 2006, 21:43
I am just watching this discussion and marveling at gilly...

gilly
22 Oct 2006, 21:43
How many people would have worked that out? Only probably anyone who is a real Meat fan (including me) would have realised that, anyone hearing for the first few times probably wouldnt understand the meaning. The video works because it is surreal but last night looked like a straight love song. Most people dont dont read things properly and certainly dont listen to the words of anything properly. You only have to listen to phone ins to realise that two contributors listening to the same programme will appear to have heard two totally different views.

Sapphire Lady
22 Oct 2006, 21:48

Well it was Come Dancing after all :mrgreen:

daveake
22 Oct 2006, 21:55
She died so no she didnt get any older

She's looking quite good considering the death thing :twisted:

I can see how someone could be confused ... :roll:

Dave

gilly
22 Oct 2006, 21:58
Thank God I am not alone in the world! I really didnt fancy being lynched.....
and I love the song and Marion's voice

Paul191
22 Oct 2006, 21:59
I can see how someone could be confused ... :roll:

Dave

Marion was with Meat on the live version simply because she is helping to promote the single. I'm sure Meat would have sang with a corpse if he could but, if he did then the next time we'd see him he would be wearing a big fat orange suit with a ball and chain around his ankles.

gilly
22 Oct 2006, 22:14
And very pretty he would look too!!!! A singing corpse could be rather fun though.............

daveake
22 Oct 2006, 22:16
Marion was with Meat on the live version simply because she is helping to promote the single.

Note to self: don't try ironic humour again.

Dave

mszee
22 Oct 2006, 22:16
:shock:

Paul191
22 Oct 2006, 22:23
Note to self: don't try ironic humour again.

Dave

Ooooooooh, now I get it..... Yep, your right, don't try ironic humour again, lol.;)

mszee
22 Oct 2006, 22:25
I am still working it out in my head how ANYBODY can be confused...give me a little time...:lmao:

Paul191
22 Oct 2006, 22:26
I am still working it out in my head how ANYBODY can be confused...give me a little time...:lmao:

I'm with you on that one...... lol

CarylB
22 Oct 2006, 22:27
I am just watching this discussion and marveling at gilly...

That's one word .. I can think of others. And as Meat said .. how does this help the process? Not a whit imo ..

He can't duplicate the video on stage or TV .. nor imo does he need to. The song is beautiful, they sing it beautifully. It worked at RAH, it worked on TV .. just appreciate the words and the performance.

Caryl

The Flying Mouse
22 Oct 2006, 22:29
:twisted: So it was mimed?

Good bit of prime time exposure 8)

Shame he wasn't allowed to do it live, but at least very little can go wrong on a mimed performance :wink:

As for the dirty old man comment, I think that's out of order :evil:

For one, I agree that it makes sence in the context of the song that Marion is much younger, AND, Meat and Marion are both acting a PART.

Not only that, but let's face it, Marion is a nice bit of eye candy for the viewer.

I think Marion got the gig because A - she sounds good, and B - she LOOKS good.

You think IACB would be half as alluring if it was a duet between Meat and auntie Doris with her hair in curlers and her apricot tights on?

They are both profesional performers, this is not real life, it's an ACT.

22 Oct 2006, 22:30
What are you on! I would have Meat anytime and he has over 20 years on me!The man is Sex God who radiates charm and charisma.
How dare you compare Heather McCartney ( who has been ridden more times than the big dipper!) to the beautiful Marion Raven!

daveake
22 Oct 2006, 22:33
Ooooooooh, now I get it..... Yep, your right, don't try ironic humour again, lol.;)

Check :-)

mszee
22 Oct 2006, 22:33
:twisted: So it was mimed?

Good bit of prime time exposure 8)

Shame he wasn't allowed to do it live, but at least very little can go wrong on a mimed performance :wink:

As for the dirty old man comment, I think that's out of order :evil:

For one, I agree that it makes sence in the context of the song that Marion is much younger, AND, Meat and Marion are both acting a PART.

Not only that, but let's face it, Marion is a nice bit of eye candy for the viewer.

I think Marion got the gig because A - she sounds good, and B - she LOOKS good.

You think IACB would be half as alluring if it was a duet between Meat and auntie Doris with her hair in curlers and her apricot tights on?

They are both profesional performers, this is not real life, it's an ACT.

Bravo, maestro!

mszee
22 Oct 2006, 22:38
What are you on! I would have Meat anytime and he has over 20 years on me!The man is Sex God who radiates charm and charisma.
How dare you compare Heather McCartney ( who has been ridden more times than the big dipper!) to the beautiful Marion Raven!

I can see another difference here...Heather and Paul were actually married...Meat and Marion are just performers acting on stage...although I wouldn't have condone age difference in any event...to each his own...live and let live...

22 Oct 2006, 22:42
Marion was with Meat on the live version simply because she is helping to promote the single. I'm sure Meat would have sang with a corpse if he could but, if he did then the next time we'd see him he would be wearing a big fat orange suit with a ball and chain around his ankles.
You seem very keen on pulling Meat apart,i am confused, why? Are you trying to be humourus? It's not working!

mszee
22 Oct 2006, 22:43
You seem very keen on pulling Meat apart,i am confused, why? Are you trying to be humourus? It's not working!

I think you might have misintrepeted his post...

22 Oct 2006, 22:51

i'm sorry that i could't hit the record button fast enough for TOTP2.

also i missed his entry in 100 greatest pop videos on E4.
Yes i know what you mean the dancers really got on my nerves!I spent the time shouting at the telly! Still!

Paul191
22 Oct 2006, 22:51

I'm gonna say one word to you...... READ.

22 Oct 2006, 22:52
I think you might have misintrepeted his post...
????????????????///

mszee
22 Oct 2006, 22:53
????????????????///

I said what I meant already...I think you misintrepeted his post...he isn't pulling Meat apart...he is actually defending him...

Ankie
22 Oct 2006, 23:10
OK.... OK.... please cool it down a bit.....

22 Oct 2006, 23:19
I'm gonna say one word to you...... READ.
OK - apologies - just having a blonde moment!!! I just get wound up if I think anybody is pulling Meat apart. :)

Paul191
22 Oct 2006, 23:24
OK - apologies - just having a blonde moment!!! I just get wound up if I think anybody is pulling Meat apart. :)

;) No probs.

gilly
22 Oct 2006, 23:28
Now you are really reading something into nothing. I most certainly did not compare Heather McCartney (who has to be the biggest b.... going)with Marion who I think is brilliant, pretty and talented. Several of us watched last night and all loved the song but the feed back was as I said, I am sorry if it offends some people but lets face it, most on this site can see no wrong otherwise they wouldnt be on it. Meat is a very attractive man but in his own words have referred to himself as an old man (I know it was probably meant as a joke, if it wasnt I disagree totally with the sentiment). I am just amazed that you all seem to take something like this so seriously when there are other things in the world far more important.

Paul191
22 Oct 2006, 23:38
I am sorry if it offends some people but lets face it, most on this site can see no wrong otherwise they wouldnt be on it.

You really have no idea do you..... You are basically saying that all us Meat fans who visit this site are opinionless zombies who bow down to him regardless of what he does. I bet you think your the only person who can see wrong in Meat's performances and you think your special because of it? However, your not special because we can all see wrong and Meat can also see wrong in specific things..... However, we are all Meat fans and like to stick up for him...... All of us will be as honest as we can (And believe me, there have a been a lot more honest people on this site than you) but we will try be respectful to Meat at the same time!!!!

Paul191
22 Oct 2006, 23:45
I am just amazed that you all seem to take something like this so seriously when there are other things in the world far more important.

And for that comment, you can suck my.........! We support Meat Loaf in a similar way to millions of people who support football. I'd love for you to announce on national tv to all the footbal fans in the world "There are more important things" because then you really would get lynched! Yeh, there are more important things..... but this is a Meat Loaf site and when we visit here we, funnily enough, talk about Meat Loaf...... It would be a F**king weird fan site if we all started talking about green peace and other political issues.

ChoccyBat
23 Oct 2006, 00:02
And some people always seem to be involved in certain types of posts...
Back on forum, the naked wire's version of the strictly come dancing performance plays without sound on my pc - is anyone else having this problem?

Paul191
23 Oct 2006, 00:04

What do you mean?

Deb
23 Oct 2006, 00:06
Back on forum, the naked wire's version of the strictly come dancing performance plays without sound on my pc - is anyone else having this problem?

I uploaded it and the one on my comps got sound Chris, unless something odd happened in the upload I'd say its a codec problem :??: :?

Deb

mszee
23 Oct 2006, 00:07
I uploaded it and the one on my comps got sound Chris, unless something odd happened in the upload I'd say its a codec problem :??: :?

Deb

Unfortunately, I was unable to play it at all...it would just freeze and that's all...is there a new version there now?

The Flying Mouse
23 Oct 2006, 00:07
I am sorry if it offends some people but lets face it, most on this site can see no wrong otherwise they wouldnt be on it.

:twisted: Tip of the day - if you visit a fan site, you are likelly to meet "fans" :yep:

Meat is a very attractive man but in his own words have referred to himself as an old man (I know it was probably meant as a joke, if it wasnt I disagree totally with the sentiment).

There's a big difference between Meat calling himself old as a self-disparaging joke, and someone visiting his fan forum and saying he looks like a dirty old man :wtf:

I am just amazed that you all seem to take something like this so seriously when there are other things in the world far more important.

Such as? :shock:

Everyone has their passions, and those passions (no matter what they are)are importaint to people.
Bill Shankley (former manager of Liverpool F.C. ) famously once said that "to some, football is a matter of life or death.It isn't.It's much more serious than that."

I hate football myself, but I can dig the sentiment :up: .

People here take Meat seriously because Meat is importaint to them.

If fan worship offends you, then I advise you not to visit fan forums as you are going to be very offended on a very regular basis :wtf:

You are basically saying that all us Meat fans who visit this site are opinionless zombies who bow down to him regardless of what he does.

Thought you never met me at RAH Paul :mrgreen:

:lmao:

This thread is getting slightly out of hand now, so can everybody now take a step back and count to 10 slowly before posting again.

Differences of opinion are welcome, as long as they are posted in a way that is respectful to Meat, and to one another.

Don't make me put you on the naughty step for half an hour :bicker: :wink: :lol:

ChoccyBat
23 Oct 2006, 00:08
Yeah I think you're right Deb. If I fastforward I get a second or two of sound then nothing! So I can certainly say it looks good!

Deb
23 Oct 2006, 00:12
Yeah I think you're right. If I fastforward I get a second or two of sound then nothing! So I can certainly say it looks good!

Try7 opening it with a different player. That sometimes works for me

Deb

ChoccyBat
23 Oct 2006, 00:22
One step ahead! Right click, open with media player - and we're away!!

Deb
23 Oct 2006, 00:38
Glad it worked :-)

mikeloaf
23 Oct 2006, 01:04
How then, did they clear the stage of all the musicians so quickly?

I suggest it was a live pre-recording that was very well edited!

However it was done it was still very positive.

23 Oct 2006, 01:38
And for that comment, you can suck my.........! We support Meat Loaf in a similar way to millions of people who support football. I'd love for you to announce on national tv to all the footbal fans in the world "There are more important things" because then you really would get lynched! Yeh, there are more important things..... but this is a Meat Loaf site and when we visit here we, funnily enough, talk about Meat Loaf...... It would be a F**king weird fan site if we all started talking about green peace and other political issues.
Well said Paul!

Pudding
23 Oct 2006, 04:43
I like gilly, I might not agree with what she says, but I admire her balls for saying it.

gilly
23 Oct 2006, 09:44
Thank you from the bottom of my heart, I never said he was a d.o.m nor would I ever, I happen to think he is very attractive but unfortunately I made the mistake of repeating what others said that night! I am entitled to my opinion in the same way that others are entitled to theirs and I think the whole thing has got totally out of hand. I apologise if I have tread on some toes - next time move your b..... feet!!! (Joke!)

CarylB
23 Oct 2006, 10:16
Thank you from the bottom of my heart, I never said he was a d.o.m nor would I ever, I happen to think he is very attractive but unfortunately I made the mistake of repeating what others said that night! I am entitled to my opinion in the same way that others are entitled to theirs and I think the whole thing has got totally out of hand. I apologise if I have tread on some toes - next time move your b..... feet!!! (Joke!)

You actually asked the question directly:
"but doesnt anyone think it makes Meat look a bit of a dirty old man."

Whether this provoked the reaction you were looking for, or whether it was unexpected is neither here nor there frankly. I agree with Mouse, the question was out of order, and imo discourteous to someone whose site bears his name and who comes here to see what his fans think of his work, and looks for support and encouragement .. not imo unspurprising given this is a fansite which has his name at the top of every page.

My toes, and I suspect those of many of Meat's fans here, will remain precisely where they are. People are entitled to hold whatever opinions they wish, but their right to express them doesn't preclude showing a level respect for Meat, nor some sensitivity and courtesy in how they are expressed.

Caryl

gilly
23 Oct 2006, 11:09
Look like and being are not the same and absolutely no disrespect was ever intended and if it has been taken that way I am sorry. There is no way that I would ever think of Meat as that, if I did I wouldnt be on this site! I am actually quite offended that people have taken an awful lot of this totally the wrong way. Fortunately I have fairly broad shoulders (being not look like!!)

Paul191
23 Oct 2006, 11:25
Look like and being are not the same and absolutely no disrespect was ever intended and if it has been taken that way I am sorry. There is no way that I would ever think of Meat as that, if I did I wouldnt be on this site! I am actually quite offended that people have taken an awful lot of this totally the wrong way. Fortunately I have fairly broad shoulders (being not look like!!)

:lmao: PML

The Flying Mouse
23 Oct 2006, 11:43
:twisted: Is there a topic in the near future, or do I throw a :lock: on this? :roll:

gilly
23 Oct 2006, 11:54
Please do I for one have had enough of it! I am sure you realise I wish I had never said anything in the first place.

amethyst
23 Oct 2006, 12:12
Having just watched the clip again ~ and thoroughly enjoyed it ~ I have to say that it must take an awful lot to actually NOT sing the song when all you are wanting to do is sing it. It was a beautiful version of it with the dancers there too, the camera work was great, all in all 5* :D .

Off to watch it again :lol: :lol: .

ames xx

Pudding
23 Oct 2006, 12:26
My toes, and I suspect those of many of Meat's fans here, will remain precisely where they are.

Right you are Caryl :roll:

:twisted: Is there a topic in the near future, or do I throw a :lock: on this? :roll:

I vote for the :lock:

Jayd
23 Oct 2006, 15:39
No, not another locked thread. Don't let the odd few spoil it for others, there are real Meat fans here, who would like to discuss topics at hand, not that there is much left to discuss here now, I don't think, but no :lock:

M.Bison
23 Oct 2006, 21:03
I just saw Meat being interviewed on Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two. He was in good humour and gave a couple of funny jokes (as always.) Did anyone else see this?

Deb
23 Oct 2006, 21:05
No, not another locked thread. Don't let the odd few spoil it for others, there are real Meat fans here, who would like to discuss topics at hand, not that there is much left to discuss here now, I don't think, but no :lock:

I agree 100%.

Cloggy
23 Oct 2006, 21:06
Saw the last 5 minutes. The bird interviewing him was well nervous. (quite understandably, since they are not too keen on drugs being gloryfied on live tv lol) :P

23 Oct 2006, 21:21
I just saw Meat being interviewed on Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two. He was in good humour and gave a couple of funny jokes (as always.) Did anyone else see this?
Yes i watched it,Meat was great, running rings round the interviewer as always!He is such a funny guy and always a pleasure to watch.

MeatGrl1
23 Oct 2006, 21:29
Sadly I missed the interview as I was working, has anyone uploaded it to the internet yet and ready for download?

:pray:

TimboTambo
23 Oct 2006, 22:19
I heard not long ago that BBC shows like this never use live performances for some technical reasons or other...regardless, it was good promo. Meat had the prescence, and Maid Marion is stunning. Call me. :P

Worry about you lot perving a 22 yr old!

MeatGrl1
23 Oct 2006, 22:21

:??:

TimboTambo
23 Oct 2006, 22:25
:??:

LOL :lol:

Mick Loaf
23 Oct 2006, 22:56
God that was a really interesting thread! I had 4 pages to catch up on
and I read every post with much interest. It was better than Neighbours.

As for on topic, I have SKy +ed the interview tonight and look forward to watching it.

angel eyes
24 Oct 2006, 04:41
Saw Meat on Saturday. Perhaps I am totally thick but I didn't even realise they were miming. Totally mesmerised by how great he looked. I enjoyed listening to the song and seeing him and for me that was enough.

Saw him on "Strictly" on Monday looking really well and full of fun and seemed to really enjoy himself. That man certainly has charisma!!!

Now stop bickering and just enjoy him!

Love
Angelxxx:-)

Vickip
24 Oct 2006, 05:12
Saw Meat on Saturday. Perhaps I am totally thick but I didn't even realise they were miming. Totally mesmerised by how great he looked. I enjoyed listening to the song and seeing him and for me that was enough.

Saw him on "Strictly" on Monday looking really well and full of fun and seemed to really enjoy himself. That man certainly has charisma!!!

Now stop bickering and just enjoy him!

Love
Angelxxx:-)

Right you are :))
Vicki

lorenzoduke
24 Oct 2006, 06:27

I wouldn't do, seen as how I'm 21.

mattloaf
27 Oct 2006, 14:05
hey all go back to that strickly come dancing show where meat sang all coming back to me now. notice that the audeince were only clapping wen the skaters did good moves and not to meatloaf , i felt that was very bad.

and the cheer at the end i bet wasnt for meatloaf either. that sucks.

as big as a star meatloaf is they should have had him singing with her alone and no dancers to spoil it.

well come next year on tours meat will get all the spotlight he deserves. roll on wembley.

matty

mjbo
03 Dec 2006, 23:03
Anyone hear if Meat is due to appear on Strictly Come Dancing on BBC2 (the 6.30pm show each day) one day this coming week ?

Deb
04 Dec 2006, 00:29
Yeah, not sure which day though.

M.Bison
04 Dec 2006, 00:38
Is this a repeat of the "It Takes Two" interview from the week after the performance? Just need to know before I get that VCR ready.

Deb
04 Dec 2006, 00:40
No, it's new.