PDA

View Full Version : CHSIB Bonus Disc

SueW
03 Apr 2003, 15:11
I can't seem to play the three videos on my computer. (The audio track plays fine.) Does anyone have any suggestions as usually I don't have a problem playing videos.

Sue
http://www.KasimInfo.com

sherrie87
03 Apr 2003, 16:24
I don't have my copy yet (patiently waiting via Amazon UK!), but I have another "enhanced" CD with videos and bonus features (Hourglass by James Taylor) and I have NEVER gotten it to work on my computer. C'mon computer kings, what are we missing? I am definately counting on seeing the bonus videos on CHSIB!

Sherrie :lol:

Juan Llanos
03 Apr 2003, 16:32
I don't have the record, because I live in Spain and I have to buy it in Germany... it doesn't matter.

Tell us if you have a mac or pc? linux or windows? and the format of the video. Usually they are .mov, it's quicktime format, you can download the QuickTime Player from apple.com. But I suppossed that the CD had the player or something similar.

SueW
03 Apr 2003, 16:59
Success!

I can't play the videos on the screen that appears when you enter the disk but I can by finding them on the D: drive and clicking on them! (They're MPEG files.)

Sue
http://www.KasimInfo.com

Juan Llanos
03 Apr 2003, 17:02
MPEG files?... great!! it's better format than .mov (in my opinion).

How "bigger" they are? I mean, when you put full screen you can not see the pixels?...

I need more and more information.

P.d.: I'm going to buy the record in a Barcelona shop, I have to wait at least 10 days...

ChrisBelfast
03 Apr 2003, 17:07
With the files being MPEG it also means if your home DVD player says it plays VCD's then this disk will work on any home DVD player also. MPEG is great qulaity too - wish I had a widescreen TV now too!!! Its certainly worth a try even if you are unsure if ur DVD player will play it

TeamNZfan
29 Apr 2003, 09:21
I am having problems to get the bonus CD to play the DVD's. My DVD plays VCD's and is an all zone player. I have changed zones but still not working.

Any suggestions? (I can get them to work fine on the PC)

Tim
29 Apr 2003, 10:27
I thought that you can't play the disks on you DVD player... But it must play on your computer. Use windows Media Player.... and it will copy itself to the harddisk if you want to play it. This will cost a lot of time... then it starts in WMP.

You can maybe play it on your DVD player, if you adjust your player with a special chip.... I thought so..... (don't shoot me if i'm wrong :lol: )

Paveway
29 Apr 2003, 16:48
I am having problems to get the bonus CD to play the DVD's. My DVD plays VCD's and is an all zone player. I have changed zones but still not working.

Any suggestions? (I can get them to work fine on the PC)

With nero, you can burn a new video-cd en drag and drop the Meat video clip tot the new video-cd. Don't think de original dics cannot be played in a standalone dvd player. Don't think copyright is a big issue is you use the new video-cd for personal use only. There's no harm in wanting to see meat full screen on you tv :)

Using a videocard with a tv-out connected to your tv-set is an other option.

The mpeg files should work fine with windows, is mediaplayer 6 or above causes problems; you can try playing the file with a older version of mediaplayer, which can be found in the "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\" folder. The program is called mplayer2.exe

If the file cannot be found in the above mentioned folder, use the windows search function to locate the file. As last resort, it can be downloaded with the microsoft site.

bokibe
30 Apr 2003, 01:07
All options explained above don't work at my PC. However the videoclips on the album are playing ok, the CHSIB clip on the maxi single I've especially bought for the clip won't work :(

Michel
30 Apr 2003, 16:04
I don't have the maxi, where did you bought it Bokibe?

mariella
30 Apr 2003, 16:07
Hi Michel,
I have enough copies of the maxi-single.
You don't have to go look for it. It will find you!

Great day to you,

Mariella

bokibe
30 Apr 2003, 20:14
Michel,

Good to have a friend nearby. Anyway I bought it in Kleve at Woolworth. (is een soort V&D)

sherrie87
18 May 2003, 04:05
I've just now finally gotten around to playing the CHSIB video on the bonus disc (I had been playing the online version that I had linked to instead, endlessly!) Anyway, the music plays beautifully but the video feed is choppy- sometimes it freezes and other times it looks over-pixelated. Is this a sign that my 350 megahertz, 4 year old computer can't handle this video, or am I doing something wrong. I fear it may be a memory problem as I am listening to it while typing this message and even the typing here is slow and not working properly. Am advice (other than drop $1000 for a new computer?)

Sherrie

badger
18 May 2003, 15:04
It is probably the speed of the computer, especially if writing goes choppy at the same time. I have a similar problem when watching a dvd on my computer whilst doig some other things. You can get a video decoder card to slot in, instead of having the computer decode the video in software, and that may hep (i am too lazy to get round to finding mine!).

Memory may help, you can never have enough :)

If not simple things like defragmenting the disk (in windows under accessories>system tools) can also help the general speed.

As paveway suggested, try usin media player 2 (Start>Run and type mplayer2), the new versions of media player seem to get worse and worse!

cornish
18 May 2003, 19:16
i found real player the best for playing bonus cd. also did make scvd in roxio ,to use on dvd playler it works well.

sherrie87
19 May 2003, 01:15
Oh yeah, defragging....I honestly don't think I've done that in about 2 years! I shall do that and see if the situation improves!

Sherrie

Kai-H.
19 May 2003, 09:00
Converted all clips to DVD, so it works like it shall. Other way is converting to VCD / SVCD-format ... it works too.

By the way: The record company got our good money, so why got we clips incl. so many problems to watch 'em ... ?

Bye from Kai

Shane
20 May 2003, 01:04
Converted all clips to DVD, so it works like it shall. Other way is converting to VCD / SVCD-format ... it works too.

How do you convert the bonus disc to DVD? I'd like to play the bonus disc on my DVD player, if possible. I have access to the Roxio software.

My DVD players is supposed to play VCD, but when I put the bonus disc in, it doesn't recognise the video and only recognises the one audio track there.

Kat
20 May 2003, 01:08
Play it on a mac works fine straight off

sherrie87
20 May 2003, 03:23
Yes, when I play it on my Mac at work it plays like a charm- no skipping, no waiting 10 minutes- just beautiful. It's my home computer (Gateway 350 mghz IBM compat.) that has issues!

Sherrie

Asha
20 May 2003, 13:39
I had no probs paying the clips on my PC, even on my Laptop..

They played right off..

Asha

Kai-H.
20 May 2003, 15:14
For SHANE:

Take the mpeg on your harddisk, use NERO 5.5.20 incl. the svcd-plugin and let the software convert & burn your new VCD/SVCD . The original disc can't play on standalone DVD-players, cause wrong format !

Other way: Use ULEAD Video Studio or PINNACLE Video to convert & burn.

Bye from Kai