PDA

View Full Version : Well done Meat! How do you do it?

PJ_Willow
01 Oct 2006, 16:46
I know the great man himself visits now and then so I thought it be good to have a thread easily visible letting him know how appreciative we are of the fantastic vocals on Bat III. I listened to Bat II and III together and really noticed he's singing just as good well over 10 years later! Not many artists who are still at the top of the game at his age. Especially after what happened in the early days. Great that desmond got Meat to sing that bit harder, I think it comes over in the music on tracks like BAAB that he loves it too.

Must be something in the water at Meat-ville.....

Well done, thank you, see you at RAH.

marrgra
01 Oct 2006, 17:21
Would like to add, that when I read of the limited stienman influence on the album, like many I was dubious, and when I first listened to the album, the wave of expectation with it being a bat album was of course stupidly high. Kind of like the expectation when going to see the Phantom Menance having grown up with Star Wars for all those years as a kid. However now that I have bedded it in I would like to say well done meat on a quality album, some tracks are emerging as favorites, and for me IACBTMN wipes the floor with Celins version. I am looking foward to seeing him at the RAH, for many of us thats gonna be a special concert and of course getting a good copy of the album instead of the XFM Version. I would like to thank Meat For Putting the work into the album, and for putting up with much abuse from many a die hard stienman fan, some of the banter on the Stienman Site just drops to childish insults, we are all visiting these boards largely because of 2 factors that created one of the best albums of all time, thats Jims writing and Meats delivery, lets not forget our roots and the Legacy that is Bat Out Of Hell, and be respectful to that. a Big Thanks To Meat Loaf.