PDA

View Full Version : Movies!!!

White of High
28 Mar 2003, 17:59
I'd like to know what are your fav films. Comedy, drama, thriller, sci-fi, action, romantics...
Well my favourites are:

Comedy: Les Adventures with Jean Reno & Christian Clavier
Drama: Awakenings with Robert De Niro & Robin Williams, The Shawshank Redemption with Tim Robbins & Morgan Freeman
Action: Ronin with Robert De Niro & Jean Reno
Romantics: Meg Ryan's films (IQ with Tim Robbins and Walter Matthau, French Kiss with Kevin Kline)
Thriller: The 6th Sense with Bruce Willis (what a shock in the end)
Literary film: Cyrano de Bergerac with Gerard Depardieu (and yeah, this is my fav book)

Tim
28 Mar 2003, 18:13
My favo tv series is Dark Angel, super!!!

MOvies:

I like a lot movies, so here is a short list:

Dare Devil, I Am Sam, About A Boy, Gunshy, Fight Club, Liever Verliefd (dutch movie), Terminator 1, 2 and 3 (yes 3 this summer in the theatre), Predator, The Exorcist, Miss Congianilty, all the Bud Spencer and Terence Hill movies!!!

And a lot more!

mellis107
28 Mar 2003, 19:07
I love movies of all kinds!! But here are a few of my favourites:

Halloween (the first one, not the lame sequels), Aliens, Terminator, T2, Star Wars, Spiderman, Evil Dead 2, Lord Of The Rings....

The list could go on, but I'd be here forever!

:lol: mikey

Michel
28 Mar 2003, 19:46
The movies I like are, terminator 1 and 2, The Lord Of The Rings, Independance Day, Jurassic Park, The 6th sence, The Others and a lot more offcourse.

White of High
29 Mar 2003, 10:15
Hmmm...
I have to say you like action and sci-fi. I hate 3 kinds of movies: action, sci-fi, horror...
Very interesting!

Michel
29 Mar 2003, 10:31
I've visited The Ring yesterday. I think you hate that movie to, but I think that it is a brilliant movie. Great thriller.

LucyK!
29 Mar 2003, 11:04
Slightly off topic I know, but for those who haven't seen it, Black Dog is on BBC1 on Sunday night ( UK ) at about 10.55pm I think

The Flying Mouse
29 Mar 2003, 15:42
:twisted: Favourite films? :roll: So many,but here's a few.
Jaws (the only time a film has been better than the book).
Das Boot (Wolfgang Petersen did a great job directing).
The Sharpe films (very gritty,but also funny)
The Godfather (am I the only person who thinks pt 1 was better than pt 2)
Blazing Saddles (So unpolitically correct it's a classic).
Rocky Horror (great music and hey,it's Meat Loaf).

Also most things by Stephen King.(although I thought Salem's Lot was rubish.Didn't do the book justice at all).

Favourite Authors.The only people i've been reading latley are Stephen King and Bernard Cornwell(apart from To Hell And Back,i'm always reading that :lol: ).

White of High
29 Mar 2003, 15:48
The best authors?
Edmond Rostand: Cyrano de Bergerac
William Shakespeare
George Frazer: Goldbranch(?) It's very funny book about culrture antropology. You have to read it!!!

The Flying Mouse
29 Mar 2003, 16:37
:twisted: Hi White Of High.
If you like books on social comment,have you ever read Animal Farm by George Orwell.
My brother had to read it for a school report a good few years ago.I was bored :zzz: so I picked it up to see if it was any good.It was an amazing book to read,very relevant to real life.
(As a curious foot note,I remember reading somewhere that when the book was released in France,they had to change the name of the pig from Napoleon.)

Chris
29 Mar 2003, 21:15
Well, none of you have mentioned one of the greatest films ever...... ROADIE!! (The only Meat film besides Rocky Horror that i have seen)

Other films I like are Almost Famous, Anyhting directed by Mel Brooks, Anyhting by Monty Python, Waynes World 1, End Of The Affair and men Of Honour.

I am currently reading Tom Clancy and Lee Childs (generally have 2 to 3 books on the go at one time). I also like George orwell (1984), Bill Bryson, John Grisham, Gaston le Roux (Phanton Of The Opera), Stephen King, Tom Holt (fantasy/humour) and Deric Longden (a local author!).

And my fave tb series ahs to be The Simpsons and The Osbournes!!!

White of High
30 Mar 2003, 00:47
My fav serie is Magnum PI with Tom Selleck.

The Flying Mouse
30 Mar 2003, 01:17
:twisted: Fav tv programs.The Simpsons and Frasier.