PDA

View Full Version : Bat Out Of Hell (Special Edition/+DVD) Released...

Kev
07 Sep 2006, 18:34
October 30th 2006.

Just found this in the back end of our website.

Didn't take those *******s at Sony long to leech off Bat 3 did it...

I'll give you more information as I get it.

Kev
07 Sep 2006, 18:36
88697010122 (cat)
0886970101226 (b/c)
released 30 Oct 2006
on Epic
distributed by
Arvato Services

http://www.townsend-records.co.uk/product.php?pId=6665104&pType=music

The Flying Mouse
07 Sep 2006, 18:42
:twisted: It's all good 8)

Bat III will generate a lot more interest, and copies of the first Bat album will start to sell serious numbers again.

OK, so Sony wets their beak (what else is new) but the Bat will be flying high again :up:

meatloaf-unofficial
07 Sep 2006, 18:45
thats good - whats on the dvd though

The Flying Mouse
07 Sep 2006, 18:51
thats good - whats on the dvd though

:twisted: If it's a CD/DVD combo, my money is that they are re hashing the 25th anniversary edition.

Just take off the 25, slap on a 30, and Bob's your uncle and Sally's your aunt :mrgreen:

And again, this time in English, I think the DVD will be Hits Out Of Hell :wink: :lol:

Juan Llanos
07 Sep 2006, 21:06
I have this one.... I don't renember... but I thing that I have more than 10 copies in CD of Bat1...

RSG
07 Sep 2006, 23:34
Wy Not A Hits out of Hell Part 2 :twisted:

dukesofhazard
07 Sep 2006, 23:50
It'll probably be the Bat Out Of Hell Classic Albums DVD (which has already been available for purchase seperately for ages) that comes with it :evil:

Kev
08 Sep 2006, 00:12
Not a chance in hell, they're from different companies.

It will have to be something that Sony own the rights to.

Its nice wishing for something new, but Sony don't own anything new so it'll just be recycled stuff :(

Paul191
08 Sep 2006, 00:25

Its nice wishing for something new, but Sony don't own anything new so it'll just be recycled stuff :(

What makes you think Meat or any other recording companies didn't give permission for them to create new stuff? New stuff is being released all the time and I can't see it stopping here.

therag2100
08 Sep 2006, 01:32

Its true. i work closely with there music department and it is just the same old shit every year that gets rehashed. i mean.. just listen to the new kasabian album :-P

samurai7
08 Sep 2006, 04:32
As was previously mentioned, it'll probably be the same as the 25th anniversary editon - the album on CD, bundled with the 'Hits Out Of Hell' DVD that most if us already own.

Kev
08 Sep 2006, 10:16
What makes you think Meat or any other recording companies didn't give permission for them to create new stuff? New stuff is being released all the time and I can't see it stopping here.

Because it's very rare that happens. It happened with 'The Very Best Of...' because EMI/Virgin agreed to pass the right to the album (not their songs from Bat 2, WTTN and the 3 new ones from VBO) to Sony after 5 years.

Sony own Meats albums from Bat 1 to Meat Loaf Live, Virgin/EMI own Bat 2 - Bat 3 in the USA and up until VBO in the rest of the world (I think) and then Universal sub divisions have CHSIB - Bat 3.

See how complicated it gets?

There is no chance Sony are going to go out their way trying to get new material when they've got an album that has sold anywhere between 30 - 45 million copies already.

Once I get a track listing and whats on the DVD I'll post it here :)

Paul191
08 Sep 2006, 10:24
Because it's very rare that happens. It happened with 'The Very Best Of...' because EMI/Virgin agreed to pass the right to the album (not their songs from Bat 2, WTTN and the 3 new ones from VBO) to Sony after 5 years.

Sony own Meats albums from Bat 1 to Meat Loaf Live, Virgin/EMI own Bat 2 - Bat 3 in the USA and up until VBO in the rest of the world (I think) and then Universal sub divisions have CHSIB - Bat 3.

There is no chance Sony are going to go out their way trying to get new material when they've got an album that has sold anywhere between 30 - 45 million copies already.

Once I get a track listing and whats on the DVD I'll post it here :)

In the end you may be correct but I still, 100%, disagree with you.

We should just wait and see because I'm a bit sick of people debating on things they know nothing about. In fact the only things we know are that it's going to be released on the 30th of October and what format it's going to be on.

Kev
08 Sep 2006, 11:07
How do I know nothing about it? I'm the manager of a music store and work for a record label lol... I'd like you to point out a single fact I just stated that is wrong. :)

It will be the standard album with maybe a bonus track or two but I doubt that. Looking very much like a repackaged version of the BOOH/HOOH dvd.

Paul191
08 Sep 2006, 21:17
How do I know nothing about it? I'm the manager of a music store and work for a record label lol... I'd like you to point out a single fact I just stated that is wrong. :)

It will be the standard album with maybe a bonus track or two but I doubt that. Looking very much like a repackaged version of the BOOH/HOOH dvd.

I don't care what your job is.... the fact is that you and everyone else are speculating!

Why don't we just wait for the thing to be released.

The Flying Mouse
08 Sep 2006, 22:01

:twisted: Actually, Arista own the rights on Bad Attitude, Blind Before I Stop, and Meat Loaf Live, so it's even more complicated than that :shock:

wenners
08 Sep 2006, 22:22
Sony can only release an album of songs that meat loaf recorded with them under contract. This will be songs from those albums and also live versions of other songs that were recorded when under that contract. Any other songs they include they will have to provide royalties to the other record company As was the case of Hits out of Hell and the use of the song modern girl. If you look at some of the compilation albums that have been released you will notice that all the songs that are included that are not owned by the issuing record label are live versions this is so those songs can be used and full royalties don’t have to be paid to the original record label.

With the release of the new album by virgin there is no way they will give any new material to Sony especially because all it will do is boost Sony sales and cause direct competition with there product. Not everybody would buy both DVD’s a lot of people can only afford one version, Virgin will want that to be theirs.

On a final note to give you an example of what record companies do about re hashing old albums and releasing them at a later date when a new product is released by that artist. I have two versions of The Very Best of Meat Loaf one released in 1998 the other released in 2003 (when chsib was released) Both albums have exactly the same 18 songs and identical covers, the only difference is the running order of the songs. The most notable being Bat out of Hell released as the last song on the original version and the first song on the later.

Kev
08 Sep 2006, 22:27
Arista are part of Sony BMG (in the same way Cleveland International was) so they own the recordings :o) But Arista have a little more of a say in the matter.

As for Paul, I'm taking a very educated evaluation of the situation and coming up with the most logical conclusion.

Yes, there MAY be something different on there, but it won't be anything 'new'.

I really can't understand why it is so hard for you to understand that?

You'd think that someone working in the business would have a lil more of an idea whats going on that someone who doesn't lol.

But we'll see what happens eh?

I think we'll get a re-formated version of Bat Out of Hell with some new songs and the order of the songs mixed. With this a live dvd from the 'Just Having Fun Tour' and bonus material from a live 'Storytellers' show.

Hows that sound ;-)

As for the post above, if you look close you will notice different cat numbers. This is due to the 98 release being by Virgin/Emi and the 03 release by Sony BMG. The reason for this is mentioned in another post.

As for modern girl, it was still under Sony at the time, but Sony didn't start stamping the arista titles until the late 80's.

Sony now fire all their Meat albums out cheap.

Paul191
08 Sep 2006, 22:33
As for Paul, I'm taking a very educated evaluation of the situation and coming up with the most logical conclusion.

Yes, there MAY be something different on there, but it won't be anything 'new'.

I really can't understand why it is so hard for you to understand that?

You'd think that someone working in the business would have a lil more of an idea whats going on that someone who doesn't lol.

But we'll see what happens eh?

I think we'll get a re-formated version of Bat Out of Hell with some new songs and the order of the songs mixed. With this a live dvd from the 'Just Having Fun Tour' and bonus material from a live 'Storytellers' show.

Hows that sound ;-)

I know what your doing..... What I'm trying to say is that you are not allowed an opinion on this forum because then threads get a little bit locked, if you know what I'm saying.

Just try to keep them to yourself and then we can wait until the release of the album without anyone getting bard along the way.

R.
08 Sep 2006, 22:43
I know what your doing..... What I'm trying to say is that you are not allowed an opinion on this forum because then threads get a little bit locked, if you know what I'm saying.I can't seem to remember having granted you moderator privileges and I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop trying to moderate other posters, especially in their own thread. If you want to criticise something post in the proper forum.

Paul191
08 Sep 2006, 22:56
I can't seem to remember having granted you moderator privileges and I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop trying to moderate other posters, especially in their own thread. If you want to criticise something post in the proper forum.

And the proper forum being?...... maybe it was locked?

wenners
08 Sep 2006, 23:03
As for the post above, if you look close you will notice different cat numbers. This is due to the 98 release being by Virgin/Emi and the 03 release by Sony BMG. The reason for this is mentioned in another post.

I am aware of that but if you look at the the copyright on both albums you will notice that both the 98 and 2003 versions were a joint release by both virgin and sony in 98 Meat was signed to MCA and in 2003 to Mercury. all i am stating is how record companies re hash the same stuff all the time but just change the smallest details around and in this example it was the song listings.

therag2100
08 Sep 2006, 23:19
It is bat with hits out of hell for the dvd.

FACT

i know this cos i have many contacts at sony and thought i would settle this argument.

AndrewG
08 Sep 2006, 23:19
Same as 25th edition then?

Paul191
08 Sep 2006, 23:20
It is bat with hits out of hell for the dvd.

FACT

i know this cos i have many contacts at sony and thought i would settle this argument.

.......... What the?!?!...........

Chris
08 Sep 2006, 23:30
Same as 25th edition then?

It sounds like it. Probably just a bit of new artwork, trying to piggybac on the Bat3 sales boost.