PDA

View Full Version : Meat's "Biggest" Song?

Overlord
16 Mar 2003, 20:47
I was wondering - what do people think is Meat's "biggest song". I don't mean sales-wise, but more judging the song's grandness. I find it hard to say, but pureley for example, I submit, IWDAFL.

Dave.

dottie
16 Mar 2003, 21:50
I feel it has to be For Crying Out Loud - The crescendo at the finale of this song cann't help but blow your mind - I wonder why Meat very rarely sings this at any of his concerts

White of High
16 Mar 2003, 21:56
I agree with Dottie!
For Crying Out Loud is the biggest! But in Tyre Racks & Broken Hearts section will give me the answer!

Anonymous
16 Mar 2003, 22:00
I agree with Dottie!
For Crying Out Loud is the biggest! But in Tyre Racks & Broken Hearts section will give me the answer!

How do you become a Super Loafer? Thanks for the support White of High

White of High
16 Mar 2003, 22:02
Dottie?
With 347 posts!

Bart
16 Mar 2003, 22:19
I feel it has to be For Crying Out Loud - The crescendo at the finale of this song cann't help but blow your mind - I wonder why Meat very rarely sings this at any of his concerts

I think it is very difficult to sing. that's why he does not sing it live.

White of High
16 Mar 2003, 22:42
He's singing...
But I miss the orchestra in live!

Cloggy
17 Mar 2003, 01:16
Objects in the rear view mirror, by far.

The Flying Mouse
17 Mar 2003, 02:10
:twisted: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is one tough question to ask :roll: .
Meat has made a wide range of songs with so many different emotions,but if I had to pick one song,hand on heart,it's got to be the one and only ...
:twisted: BAT OUT OF HELL :twisted:
It's the song that made me a Meat head.
It's the song that makes my heart leap every time I hear the intro.
It's the song that finds a place in my soul that I can't even find myself.
It's the song that one day (later rather than sooner I hope :lol: )that this mouse will be burned to.
That's all I can say.

Vickip
17 Mar 2003, 03:19
I was wondering - what do people think is Meat's "biggest song". I don't mean sales-wise, but more judging the song's grandness. I find it hard to say, but pureley for example, I submit, IWDAFL.

Dave.

I'd say Paradise By the Dashboard Light :)) It's a classic !!
Vicki

Michel
17 Mar 2003, 09:56
I think the people think Paradise, because almost everybody knows this song.

The Meat fans have other opinions. I think Bat Out Of Hell. It's an amzing song, with many different parts of music in it.

Tim
17 Mar 2003, 10:25
Hard one, think there are a few:

Out of the Frying Pan is the best song i think.

But Bat OUt Of Hell, and For Crying Out Loud are also beauties..... don't know exactly.

Bart
17 Mar 2003, 13:53
maybe it is impossble to choose one. For example it is impossible to choose between your mom and dad. who is your favorite or which child is your favorite child. well, i do not know. I just cannot choose between all of his songs. they all mean a lot to me.

Vickip
17 Mar 2003, 18:52
I think the people think Paradise, because almost everybody knows this song.

The Meat fans have other opinions. I think Bat Out Of Hell. It's an amzing song, with many different parts of music in it.

I agree ... Bat Out Of Hell is an amazing song :) But the main reason I picked Paradise is that watching him and Patti sing it on Storytellers is what got me hooked on Meat's music in the first place :)) It's just as popular today as it was when it first came out almost 30 years ago !

Vicki

mariella
17 Mar 2003, 19:05
That is absolutely true, Vicki. Today even schoolkids know the lyrics of Paradise. Now I don't mean my kids. Everyone knows this song!
Yes, a 'big' song!
Have a great day,
Mariella

mellis107
17 Mar 2003, 19:09
Thats a tuffy all right! My choice would have to be Bat Out Of Hell. It's just such a varied song, encompassing many styles. For me, what really getms me going is the staedy rise to a crescendo at the end going into the final "Like A Bat Out Of Heeeeellllllllll!" Classic stuff.

I never ever tire of hearing this song.

Vickip
17 Mar 2003, 19:40
That is absolutely true, Vicki. Today even schoolkids know the lyrics of Paradise. Now I don't mean my kids. Everyone knows this song!
Yes, a 'big' song!
Have a great day,
Mariella

It's amazing, isn't it? I think the song will outlive us all :)))
Have a great day too!
Vicki

Shadows On The Wall
17 Mar 2003, 19:47
This is my personal favourate, great song (Crying Out Loud) such deep pasion

Overlord
18 Mar 2003, 03:52
Shadows on the wall - I love your tagline - one of my favourite J.S. compositions.

Dave.

Raptor
18 Mar 2003, 16:48
One of these....

Bat Out Of Hell
Rock & Roll Dreams Come Through
Out Of The Frying Pan (And Into The Fire)
I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Wont Do That)

To hard to choose.

Shadows On The Wall
18 Mar 2003, 20:20
Thanks Overlord, i love that song, thats my favourate part,

'And every limb is being erotically burned'

Ben
24 Mar 2003, 12:00
I THINK ID HAVE 2 SAY ANYTHING FOR LOVE. I THINK NEARLY EVERYONE KNOW IT. I REMBER EVEN 3 OR 4 YEARS AFTER IT WAS RELEASED PEOPLE AT MY SCHOOL WAS GOING AROUND SINGING IT. ITS STILL A BIG TUNE NOW!

Bart
24 Mar 2003, 13:46
he sings the song live much better than on the record.