PDA

View Full Version : The Rare Songs: 18. Presence Of The Lord

Garrett
28 Feb 2003, 13:33
Rare Songs: Presence Of The Lord

This is a very good and interesting song. It's part of the first Steinman musical "More Than You Deserve" in 1973 and one of the first two Steinman songs ever sung by Meat Loaf. It has a simple but great lyrics with deep sense and a nice melody. This is one of these songs, I've ever wanted on CD orso. So, thanks to David, who made it possible for me to listen to and to have it. I think, "Presence Of The Lord" could be also a prayer. A prayer, which is dedicated to the Lord and his pleasure. But who is the Lord? Maybe God, maybe a king, maybe another one. I don't know it. If you are listening to this song, it's a question to your mind and your own imagination. When I became a Meat Loaf fan, I could also sing the line "I have finally found a way to live, in the presence of the Lord!" Now, you know what I think who the Lord really is. It's Meat! He's my Lord!:D

8/10

White of High
28 Feb 2003, 15:20
This is my favourite rare song. I have the original by Eric Clapton but that is bad. Lord is always God!
I didn't know this song but once I've gone into a CD-shop where my friend's working. There I found a Hits Collection and this song was on there. I didn't know that! There were Bonnie Tyler's It's A Heartache, Bananarama's Hooked On Love, Leo Sayer's Love Hearts and any others.
I thought I will know it because once I bought I'd Lie For You single with Whatever Happened To Saturday Night. I didn't know that it is Hot Patootie! Well... it was a big surprise to me. I have got a very good quality! Love it! The best rare song!

My score: 8

I think we missed It's Always Me by Stoney. I think it will be on the album!

Average: 8.00 (16/2)

Garrett
02 Mar 2003, 14:40
This is my favourite rare song. I have the original by Eric Clapton but that is bad. Lord is always God!
I didn't know this song but once I've gone into a CD-shop where my friend's working. There I found a Hits Collection and this song was on there. I didn't know that! There were Bonnie Tyler's It's A Heartache, Bananarama's Hooked On Love, Leo Sayer's Love Hearts and any others.
I thought I will know it because once I bought I'd Lie For You single with Whatever Happened To Saturday Night. I didn't know that it is Hot Patootie! Well... it was a big surprise to me. I have got a very good quality! Love it! The best rare song!

My score: 8

I think we missed It's Always Me by Stoney. I think it will be on the album!

The best rare song with 8/10?? Are there no better rare songs for ya?? Maybe with 9 or 10??