PDA

View Full Version : 55. Back Into Hell

White of High
26 Feb 2003, 18:53
This is the START OUT OF HELL & ARRIVE TO HEAVEN topic.
Let's Go to Rock 'n' Roll!!!!!!!

Back Into Hell (8)

The title song! Grading is so hard. It's only music, only synthesizers, the mix of the songs like Pray Lewd. But Pray Lewd from Pandora's Box is much better! It's a little bit mystic, a little bit simple. Like a Sisters of Mercy song...

My score: 8

Average: 7.45 (74.5/10)

Michel
26 Feb 2003, 21:18
Pray Lew is better, beucase you can hear more piano. That song is more Jim. This isn't so much Jim, but it's great!

My score: 7

Bart
27 Feb 2003, 14:00
It sounds like a fight. he wants to escape but they won't let them. they put him back into hell.

Tim
28 Feb 2003, 11:08
Very good! Classic, but rock. Powerfull, but yet silent. Angry, but sad!

Typical Steinman, no words, but you don't even need it. You can understand it, just without any!

8/10

Anonymous
28 Feb 2003, 21:56
Is it just me, or have they just used the melody from "Good Girls.." slowed down? Y'know the piano bit they keep doing? Seems to me this track was added to the album just so they could call it "Back Into Hell" so the title would fit. I like this song though, to me it's like a chase...between good and evil - it's cool!

The Flying Mouse
12 Mar 2003, 18:05
:twisted: Well,no Meat,which is a bad start,but...
I do like this tune.
My interperatation is that it is like musical poetry,using music instead of words.
My vision of this song,is somebody running around a gothic muscal castle searching for something.Looking for Meat perhaps?
When they open different doors they hear different instruments.
There is great suspence at the end.
I think this would have made a great video.
8/10 No Meat,but deserves a good score.

RSG
15 Aug 2003, 04:29
This is the only song, I don't really care for. When I put on my headphones in the dark, with that moonlight glowing coming through my window. I blare it!!! Hurts the ears but I don't care, lol. Its more of a song, when I listen to it when I am in a certain mood. Defenitly not my favourite, but like I said, of all the songs I heard Meat have on his records. This is the one I care for least. Its okay, thats it. But I like how it reminds me of some sort of battle. Perhaps, it might get a higher ranking. I give it a 5.5

shadow1000001
15 Aug 2003, 05:09
Very good! Classic, but rock. Powerfull, but yet silent. Angry, but sad!

Typical Steinman, no words, but you don't even need it. You can understand it, just without any!

8/10

I agree Tim but I give it 9/10

Maria :twisted:

Evan
16 Aug 2003, 12:43
No comment
Just
10/10

Bart
18 Aug 2003, 11:11
10/10? Why? How? Because it is from Steinman?

Bart
18 Aug 2003, 13:34
I just read other topics baout some struggles here. this one is not meant too hurt or something. i made the commetn above before i read the other stuff.

Crystal Eyes
18 Aug 2003, 16:45
:twisted: My vision of this song,is somebody running around a gothic muscal castle searching for something.

You're right it is like that isn't it? I feel it's more of a chase though with the victim opening doors looking for a way to escape and finding stange and fantastical things behind each one.

Magical piece of music. 9/10

Quigmo
17 Sep 2003, 04:05
I really hate to do this but It is my opinion. This track is a copleate waste of time. It has no merit whatsoever. I even burnt a home copy of BATII without this on it. A huge improvement. 0/10 I'd like to personally opologize to JS for this statement, because I hold the majority of his work in the highest regaurd.

RadioMaster
08 Jul 2006, 21:23
That shows that even an instro can have a story.
Everybody can build his/her own interpretation.
The way it is done is something like a modern Beethoven style.

The two main themes are presented in the beginning, then the chase starts and then very short parts of each time, the slow one gets more powerful each time and in the end itīs something like a union between both of them together, the good and the bad(or bat?:)))

Evil One
24 Jan 2007, 00:19

White of High
28 Jan 2007, 23:50
Average: 7.21 (86.5/12)