PDA

View Full Version : Old vinyl singles

LostSoul
22 Feb 2006, 12:43
I've just bought three second hand vinyl singles (You Took The Words, Dead Ringer and I'm Gonna Love Her For Both Of Us). I know there's that information somewhere but I can't find it (Yes R., I've tried the search engine! :-P ). How many singles went out from Bat I and Dead Ringer?

Does anyone have all of them or even some? I guess so... :cool:

Pat

Ankie
22 Feb 2006, 13:13
Paradise by the Dash Board Light in 2 different sleeves ;) Have to go and check if the Bsides are similar though.

AnneV
22 Feb 2006, 13:35
I've just bought three second hand vinyl singles (You Took The Words, Dead Ringer and I'm Gonna Love Her For Both Of Us). I know there's that information somewhere but I can't find it (Yes R., I've tried the search engine! :-P ). How many singles went out from Bat I and Dead Ringer?

Does anyone have all of them or even some? I guess so... :cool:

Pat
Hi there. Here's a link (although not updated in years, I think '99 was the last update, it does have the most comprehensive discography of Meat's releases I have ever found on the net), where you should be able to find out all about all the different versions released over the years.
http://members.aol.com/ppworkshop/goneaway/intronew.htm

Diane
22 Feb 2006, 15:46
For quick reference the UK singles are:

Took The Words (7")
Two Out Of Three (7")
All Revved Up (7")
Bat (7" & 12" blood red vinyl)
I'm Gonna Love Her For Both Of Us (7")
Dead Ringer (7" & 7" pic disc)
Read 'Em & Weep (7" & 12")
Greatest Original Hits EP (7")

There have also been re-releases on CD, 7" & 12" by Epic and Old Gold.

For really cool pic sleeves and additional releases ... Paradise & Peel Out ... look for the Dutch, German, Spanish, Italian & Japanese pressings. My favourite is the Japanese 7" "66% Ain't Bad"/"You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouse"! :shock:

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/7815/meatcover34wn.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

LostSoul
23 Feb 2006, 00:31
That 66% is killing me! :lmao: Does anyone have it?

Actually, I still have a lot to buy before calling it a collection. :shock:

Pat

Paul191
23 Feb 2006, 00:53
Yeh, i saw that on graham nortan, aswell as the 'you took the words right out of my MOUSE'! i was wetting myself

Diane
23 Feb 2006, 01:11
The picture above is of my own copy and it's one of my very favourite Meaty items. I was lucky to get it back in the '80s. They were very hard to find back then and I've hardly ever seen another copy up for sale.

There are lots of great picture sleeve singles to collect. Have fun! :D

Diane

Steve6
23 Feb 2006, 01:18
For crying out loud was the only song from BOOH not to get released as a single. Am I right?

I always wondered why it didn't get released, because after BOOH, it's the best song on the album.

Diane
23 Feb 2006, 01:40
For Crying Out Loud was only released as a B-side. Paradise and Heaven Can Wait were also only released as B-sides in the UK.

Paradise was an A-side in Holland, Germany, Italy & Japan ... all with great different picture sleeves.

Diane

Paul191
23 Feb 2006, 01:41
every song on the album was released somewhere in the world apart from for crying out loud, i think (correct me if i'm wrong). But in the UK the singles he released are Bat, Words and Two.

Paul191
23 Feb 2006, 01:42
Can i please ask, what is a b-side? lol, cheers:cool:

Steve6
23 Feb 2006, 01:50
What about Bat 2. Life is lemon wasn't released. It just won't quit wasn't.Out of the frying pan, Everything louder,Good girls go to heaven and Lost boys weren't released. That was a lot on Bat 2. WHY WAS THAT?

Diane
23 Feb 2006, 02:11
Thanks for making me feel so old Paul! :lol: This is old vinyl speak. A b-side was side 2 of a vinyl record .... single or LP. The A-side of a single was the main track.

Diane

Jeanie
23 Feb 2006, 02:28
That 66% is killing me! :lmao: Does anyone have it?

Actually, I still have a lot to buy before calling it a collection. :shock:

Pat

On rare ocassion, it does come up on ebay Lost Soul, or anyone else who maybe interested.

J.

Paul191
23 Feb 2006, 02:29
:-) Oh i see, lol. Thanks anyway. So in a way testify was released as a B-sde on the Man of Steel single.

Diane
23 Feb 2006, 02:31
Agreed Jeanie eBay probably is the best bet.

Diane

Paul191
23 Feb 2006, 02:32
What about Bat 2. Life is lemon wasn't released. It just won't quit wasn't.Out of the frying pan, Everything louder,Good girls go to heaven and Lost boys weren't released. That was a lot on Bat 2. WHY WAS THAT?
Most songs on an album don't get released as singles. It is only a selected few. Thats why a lot of people only buy singles because are usually the best songs from the album. However this does does sometimes cause a minor uproar because you get some people disagreeing with cretain songs being released as singles.:lol: Hope that helps.;)

Diane
23 Feb 2006, 02:35
:-) Oh i see, lol. Thanks anyway. So in a way testify was released as a B-sde on the Man of Steel single.

? No, that was Tear Me Down & Love You Out Loud.

Diane

Paul191
23 Feb 2006, 02:38
R u sure. I never bought the single as i have the album and I havn't started collecting yet because i think i am a little young. Correct me if im wrong on that one.;)

So tear me down and love you wer B-sides then i take it, lol?:lol:

Paul191
23 Feb 2006, 02:40
:-P Oh, and happy B-day Diane. I just found out. Have a great day!

LostSoul
23 Feb 2006, 12:35
What the Dell... :lmao: Click here! (http://cgi.ebay.fr/MEAT-LOAF-BAT-OUT-OF-DELL-LIVE-CD-DVD-DIGIPAK_W0QQitemZ4836886514QQcategoryZ1573QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Steve6
23 Feb 2006, 13:58
FRENCH......But spelt wrong. The word Dell isn't in a french dictionary I checked online. :confused:

LostSoul
23 Feb 2006, 20:38
FRENCH......But spelt wrong. The word Dell isn't in a french dictionary I checked online. :confused:
You should have asked me first. No, Dell is not a French word... lol

Diane
23 Feb 2006, 20:47
What the Dell... :lmao: Click here! (http://cgi.ebay.fr/MEAT-LOAF-BAT-OUT-OF-DELL-LIVE-CD-DVD-DIGIPAK_W0QQitemZ4836886514QQcategoryZ1573QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
This version must be dedicated to my PC! :lmao:

Diane

Diane
23 Feb 2006, 20:49
:-P Oh, and happy B-day Diane. I just found out. Have a great day!
Thank you very much Paul! :D

BTW I checked my copy of Man Of Steel and the b-sides are the songs I mentioned above.

LostSoul
15 Apr 2006, 01:34
Just bought BAT in vinyl (Holland print)... one more for my collection. :cool:

Pat

Skeleton
19 Apr 2006, 17:04
I have I go blind before I stop& Masculine..

I hope that on Saturday when there is again record fair I found new singles..

Elijah's way
22 Apr 2006, 00:12
I was searching on eBay for vinyl singles and I kept seeing ones that had different mixes. Like an extended mix and remixes. Are these any good, and are they that much longer? I believe I saw one for modern girl and dead ringer, and others I can't remember. I'm interested in getting ahold of these as I've never heard them and were just wondering if some of them were worth it? Thanks

michael.c
22 Apr 2006, 00:56
the dead ringer mix is no different from the original.
matlaf = midnight and fallen angel are very good, razors edge is just ok
bad attitude = modern girl = really good with classical intro. take a number = really good as well. nowhere fast = excellent , my fave. piece of the action= longer intro , not bad . try to get the live bat limited edition.
bbis = r and r mercs= 10 minutes long but really good. blind before = more of a rock version , excellent. 12" version no 2 has only the album version but exclusive live versions of dead ringer and paradise which are excellent. getting away with murder = the weak link . pretty boring to me . the 12" mix and 10" scott free mix are the same. rock and roll hero is listed as extended on b - side but it is not. live at wembley = bat out of hell extended live edit is not altered from the album version in any way. hope this helps . try amazon and ebay. happy hunting. michael ( ps a meat loaf fan should have these by now ,ha )