PDA

View Full Version : Home By Now / No Matter What

MeatBall
11 Feb 2003, 07:54
Just tell me thar I´m right when I´m saying that this song was writen for Meat Loaf and first recorded by him and not westlife or whatevere boyband it is that also revorded it.

Thans

Tim
11 Feb 2003, 10:48
It was sung by Boyzone :lol:

And it thought that Jim Steinman had promised it to Meat Loaf, and that Anrew Lloyd Webber had promised it to Boyzone! Steinman and Webber wrote (have written) it together. Boyzone was first with the release, then came Meat Loaf. To bad, Meat's version is ofcourse better.

Bart
11 Feb 2003, 14:54
Meat was completeley pissed of when he heard that boyzone put it on single. When he heard that he changed the order of the cd. Instead of putting it on the album as the last song he put as first. At least he told that in an interview back in 98 on TMF (dutch MTV).

Bart
11 Feb 2003, 14:56
hmmm...after completely you see [..]. I did not write that!!! i wrote something else, something like: completely mad...

Tim
11 Feb 2003, 15:32
Yeah bart, some words will change, cause they are not allowed! Very funny he? :lol:

Tim

MeatBall
11 Feb 2003, 19:45
Tim, its a shame that you know that it was Boyzone :wink:

The Meat Loaf version is soooo mutch better.

Thans for the answer!

The Flying Mouse
11 Mar 2003, 21:50
:twisted: It is a shame that Borezone put No Matter What out first :evil: .
Saying that,Meat's version sounds like a good dramatic piece,while Boyzone's is just a comercial cash in.Have you seen Boyzone's video?An Indian in a hot air balloon :roll: .What in God's name is that all about :? ?
I really like Home By Now.I would like to hear it recorded by itself.
8/10 No Matter who else sings it,they'll never be better than Meat.

Bart
13 Mar 2003, 10:40
Well, maybe Boyzone's version is a piece of..... but Jim Steinman produced it!!!

Ben
24 Mar 2003, 13:30
BACK IN ABOUT '98 WHEN MEAT WA ON THE BIG BREAKFAST, JONNY VAUGHN SAID TO ME 'NOW, I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU HAVE JUST RECORDED A COVER OF BOYZONES NO MATTER WHAT' TO WHICH MEAT REPLIED ' NO! I BELIEVE THEY HAVE JUST RECORDED A COVER OF MY NOW MATTER WHAT'! GREAT WORDS FROM THE MAN HIMSELF!

I REMEMBER THAT IT WAS THE FIRST SONG ON THE SET OF '99 WORLD TOUR, IT SET THE MOOD PERFECTLY BEFORE BREAKING IN TO THE ROCKING AND LOUD 'LIFE IS A LEMON'! BRILLIANT!

Bart
24 Mar 2003, 14:58
yeah, that was superb. Sitting on a rock. great intro! g