PDA

View Full Version : Peter Jackson should direct first Bat 3 video

Steve6
16 Dec 2005, 21:05
I really don't know why I am thinking this :??:

I was watching the Bat out of Hell video and I said to myself, my god imagine
Peter Jackson directing that. It would have been the coolest thing ever.

Jim Steinman's music to me is pure fantasy and it's class.

Peter Jackson has made the best fantasy film of all time with "LORD OF THE RINGS".

So he should have alot in common with Jim's music.
I want Peter to give this a shot. It would be a different challenge for him and it would be the most amazing thing ever. :D

AndrewG
16 Dec 2005, 21:34
Yeah some kind of over the top video with a massive CGI bat chasing Meat who saves Patti, on a motorbike escaping from hell.

"What part of my Body Hurts the Most" all the way.....

PanicLord
16 Dec 2005, 21:38
:lol: What a great idea... plus, Jacksons films are always very long, and so are Meat's songs!!!

Ben
16 Dec 2005, 21:55
its got my vote although another michael bay video would be great!!

L96
16 Dec 2005, 22:13
I too would like to see that!

Ma.Ra
16 Dec 2005, 22:22
Yeah some kind of over the top video with a massive CGI bat chasing Meat who saves Patti, on a motorbike escaping from hell.

"What part of my Body Hurts the Most" all the way.....

Vote for Musicman as script writer! :cool:

Steve6
16 Dec 2005, 22:58
I want this to happen because I feel this can work.
I am going to try and get a campaign going on this one.
I have such faith in it.

Thank's for your comment's guys!!!!!!! :D

Heli
17 Dec 2005, 00:46
:lmao:

Well I believe that this will 99.9999% NOT happen! Not just the fact that Peter jackson will be spending the next few years on the Hobbit, but also for the fact that it's just not gonna happen!

It'd be a nice thought....but no!

Pudding
17 Dec 2005, 02:54
I don't think Meat's budget for his first music video would cover Peter Jackson's fee. If he did though, it would generate more interest than a simple ad campaign.

And Peter Jackson's next project is 'The Lovely Bones' but that's not due till 2007, so who knows? he might want to do one or two pet projects.

Pud :twisted:

Jeanie
17 Dec 2005, 05:25
Great idea, Steve.. re: Peter Jackson. I wouldn't mind seeing some more Micheal Bay videos, done for Meat either. :cheer:

I also vote Musicman as script writter. :cool:

J.

needmoremeat
17 Dec 2005, 21:43
Andy Serkis could be the bat!:D

Jeanie
18 Dec 2005, 05:13
LOL, yes Andy Serkis would be perfect.. if he can do a giant ape, why not a giant bat. :))

J.

Pudding
18 Dec 2005, 10:29
Because apes are hominids like humans and bats aren't...as a rough guess.

Jeanie
19 Dec 2005, 00:36
So, what you're saying Pud is.. Andy Serkis won't be playing you, anytime soon, then?? :lmao:

J. :twisted:

Pudding
19 Dec 2005, 03:03
That would suggest then that you think I'm a bat, I don't get the joke....

Steve6
21 Dec 2005, 01:04
I feel if Jackson got approached he would think about doing this.

Look at the other BOOH album's!!!!! To me they feel like blockbuster movie's crammed into rock'n roll record's.

Heli
21 Dec 2005, 13:22
It's not as simple as just ringing up someone and asking them just because they're album is like a big blockbuster :? ....

The Flying Mouse
23 Dec 2005, 00:29
:twisted: I dare say he would do it one way or another if he was a Meat fan, but if not, he would want his full fee, and I fear that the budget won't stretch to it.
And OK, this will (hopefully) be a great success, but that is all the more reason for a director to increase his fee, not ask for less.

Baised out like this.....
Meat's managment - listen, we really want you to make this music video.
P.J. - You do?
M.M. - Yeah.
P.M. OK, that'll be two sacks of cash please.
M.M. - Well, thing is, we don't really wanna spend that much.
P.J. - Sorry then.Not interested.
M.M. - But this is gonna be really really big.
P.J. - It is?
M.M. - Yeah.
P.J. - Cool.
M.M. - So you'll do it?
P.J. - Yeah, but I will now require 3 sacks of cash instead of two.
M.M. - Why?
P.J. - Well you said this was gonna be "really really big".....
M.M. - Yeah, but......
P.J. - And it's gonna sell a billion copies.....
M.M. - That's right, but.......
P.J. - And it's gonna win Music Video Of The Year.......
M.M. - Well it's what we're sort of hoping for......
P.J. - And i'll get more street cred and get to score with girls......
M.M. - Well possibly......
P.J. - So this is gonna be "really really big", your gonna make a ludicrous ammount of money, the video will be a hit, and your asking ME, to do it on the cheap?
M.M. - Well kind of yeah.
P.J. - Well if your gonna make so much on this, I want a fair wedge myself.Increase your budget.
M.M. - But we can't do that.
P.J. - Why not?
M.M. - Because we don't have enough faith in the product.
P.J. - But you said it would be "really really big".....
M.M. - Yes, we did say that, but......
P.J. - Goodbye.

Dramatisation:May not have happened, or may of happened in a paralel universe or in that dream I had last night.

Steve6
23 Dec 2005, 01:21
I know everyone can joke about it, and what you said above was funny :D
But look at what was paid to make the "ANYTHING FOR LOVE" video!!! They would pay to get Peter Jackson involved if they really wanted to.

There won't be another BOOTH so they might as well make one last amazing video :D Would you agree?

The Flying Mouse
23 Dec 2005, 01:51
:twisted: I totally agree that as this is the last Bat album, it's time to go out in style.Nothing but the very best.I also believe that with the very best promo, this album will smash all expectations :cool: .
Unfortunatly, i'm not the bloke who signes the cheques :? .
As a fan, I would throw money at that project all day long.But record company guys and managment are not fans.They love an artist because they can make them money.Bottom line.
Einstein would probablly put the formala as.........
E = mc = :up: (Entertainer = MyCash = We like you).
E = mc2 = :heart: (Entertainer = MyCash SQUARED = You sexy barstuard, I want your babies).

Now record companies being record companies (instead of fan clubs (DAMN that would be cool :cool: ) ), they look at boring stuff like track records (no pun intended).Problem is, instead of looking at the bigger picture, and saying......
"oooh look what happened when Bat Out Of Hell came out, nobody wanted to know, and it was (and still is) a f&$^ing beast" :twisted: .
and......
"oooh, look what happened when Bat Out Of Hell II came out.Everyone thought there was no way that this would work, but it turned out to be album and single of the year, landed the artist a grammy, and made Virgin a shedload of cash"

......they say, well Mr Loaf, although you put your heart and soul into your last album, tirelessly promoting it and going on tour to give it a chance, it didn't do as well as you hoped did it?
OK, I mean fair enough, the record company didn't exactly go out of it's way to promote your album Mr Loaf, and in fact didn't actually go out of their way to deliver copies of the album and single to actual shop shelves, but it was hardly their fault was it :roll: .

We were really lucky with Bat II that there were people at Virgin who had the faith and the drive to give the album it needed and deserved.

After the fiasco (caused by the record company) of CHSIB, and the fact that it didn't do anyway near what it could have done, that is the rep Meat has at the moment.

I think that most of us here agree that Bat III, given the promo it merits, will be a blast, now it's a matter of the record company matching our faith ;) .

Pudding
23 Dec 2005, 04:20
There won't be another BOOTH so they might as well make one last amazing video :D

BOOTH...what's that then? Bat Out Of Thorpe Hesley :D

Heli
23 Dec 2005, 10:30
Bat Out Of The Hospice :?

Oooo....thats what Bat 3 should be called! :keke:

Ma.Ra
23 Dec 2005, 11:20
P.M. OK, that'll be two sacks of cash please.
M.M. - Well, thing is, we don't really wanna spend that much.
P.J. - Sorry then.Not interested.
M.M. - But this is gonna be really really big.
P.J. - It is?
M.M. - Yeah.
P.J. - Cool.
M.M. - So you'll do it?
P.J. - Yeah, but I will now require 3 sacks of cash instead of two.

Well, after the "disaster" with "King Kong" in the US and Europe, P.J. would be confident witch a half sack of cash:lol:

BTW: "King Kong" is not so good. Okay much more better than Godzilla anyway. Actually the original King Kong was also not so good, just the effects ;)

Steve6
23 Dec 2005, 22:12
BOOTH...what's that then? Bat Out Of Thorpe Hesley :D

Ah!!!!! Just another mistake Pud :D I've made plenty of them. ;)

Steve6
23 Dec 2005, 22:15
"King Kong" is not so good. Everyone is saying it's brilliant.
The paper's are saying it's the film of the year :!:

Pudding
23 Dec 2005, 22:25
I think the main problem people have with King Kong is the length of it, 3 hours is a long time to watch a monkey tear up New York.

Steve6
23 Dec 2005, 22:36
I heard it was long alright Pud. :up:

But nothing was going to stop P.J from making it. I heard he made "KING KONG" in great detail:!: and he put alot of effort into it.
He has also lost some weight. Well done to him.

The Flying Mouse
24 Dec 2005, 02:47
:twisted: Well if the boy has experience in making 3 hour movies, that is a good, and highly relevant, qualification for a Meat/Steinman song :lol:
Thing is, can he handle to go on through a forth chorus :lmao: .

Jeanie
24 Dec 2005, 19:29
LOL, right you are, Flying Mouse.

J.

Jayd
24 Dec 2005, 20:15
Sorry, but there is no way on earth Peter Jackson would make a music video after success with LOTR and King Kong. Making music videos is usually how you start out in Hollywood, very rare you go back, maybe a few exceptions, but I can't think of any really, unless it was a favor for a friend,(John Landis for Micheal Jackson's Thriller). :D

Steve6
11 Jan 2006, 01:30
There's always a chance of it happening so I aint givin up hope yet.

Pudding
11 Jan 2006, 01:47
You're absolutely right steve6 there is a chance, a very small one granted. In fact there's probably more of a chance Elvis being cloned and doing a tour this year, but a small chance is better than no chance :tard:

Steve6
11 Jan 2006, 01:52
Yes, thank you Pud!!!!!!!

But Meat better get on the phone to Jackson soon.
Or else it won't happen.

Does everyone here still want to see Jackson directing the video?

AndrewG
11 Jan 2006, 09:26
Sorry, but there is no way on earth Peter Jackson would make a music video after success with LOTR and King Kong. Making music videos is usually how you start out in Hollywood, very rare you go back, maybe a few exceptions, but I can't think of any really, unless it was a favor for a friend,(John Landis for Micheal Jackson's Thriller). :D

Martin Scorsese's "Bad" for MJ also.
Steve Barron, several videos for Aha, Bryan Adams, Dire Straits and Madonna while making movies in the same era.
David Mallet, a famous TV / Video director/producer (stand ups etc) did lots of ACDC and Queen videos later in his career.
Russell Mulcahy, directing videos for Elton John, Bonnie Tyler, Duran Duran and lots more while/ after making Hollywood movies.

Music videos were certainly not considered early stages of a successful director career in the 80s and early 90s.
Even James Cameron went on to direct a simple milk advert in the US after Titanic. Usually it can help directors get more recognition and ultimtaly they probably quite like a change of scene. I agree nowadays it is a different scene maybe as music videos almost seem to be a forgotten art form and more a vehicle to simply promote a song (ie usually a story or strong relationship to the song is now missing in a video).

Hypnobabe
11 Jan 2006, 15:40
Does everyone here still want to see Jackson directing the video?

I wasn't aware from reading this thread that "EVERYONE" wanted to see Jackson directing the video... or is that just me?

Ma.Ra
11 Jan 2006, 16:28
No, I don't want PJ. If he would do the video, it would end in

1. a splatter video:twisted:
or
2. mass of monster which look like the orcs in LOTR or the island habitants in KK.

I vote for Michael BAY:!:

His last few movies weren't successfull, so I think he would be cheaper than PJ:lol:

I think there is just a hype about PJ. Most people I think prefer him only because he visualized LOTR, which I've never read;)

AndrewG
11 Jan 2006, 17:21
I think Steven Spielbeg should make a musical with all songs out of Bat 1,2,3 and they can use footage for the new songs as videos.
Spielberg always wanted to do a musical so he might as well make one with good music. :-)

However Jackson's visual monster style would work well for a massive bat I reckon.

Steve6
11 Jan 2006, 17:52
Who directed the "Anything for love" video?

If they could afford a big budget for that and it was in 93 ;) then money should'nt be a problem in getting Jackson involved in this one, if they really wanted to.
I am all for P.J directing it because I know it will work.

PanicLord
11 Jan 2006, 21:43
Michael Bay, as in The Rock, Armageddon (I think), and The Island.

Leah
11 Jan 2006, 22:01
I really like Michael Bay's work and vids that he did for Meat previously. I'd be more than happy if he was to direct a vid from Bat 3. But I guess time will tell!!!

Steve6
12 Jan 2006, 01:22
What Meat Loaf videos did Michael Bay direct because I don't know. :confused:

The Flying Mouse
12 Jan 2006, 02:06
:twisted: Michael Bay directed the vids for............
Objects In The Rear View Mirror.
I'd Do Anything For Love.
Rock & Roll Drams Come Through.

Steve6
12 Jan 2006, 23:38
Micheal Bay has plenty of experience of working with the Loaf, so he would be the first choice to do it (ahead of P.J)

But he did'nt make any of the music videos for WTTN and CHSIB, so maybe he won't direct one from Bat 3.

What's Michael Bay doing at the moment?

Pudding
13 Jan 2006, 02:04
I thought Howard Greenhalgh did a pretty good job on the 'I'd Lie For You' and 'Not a Dry Eye' videos

Steve6
13 Jan 2006, 18:53
You're right he did do a great job on them. I really liked those videos.
Was "ANYTHING FOR LOVE" Meats dearest video or was it "I'D LIE FOR YOU?

Ma.Ra
13 Jan 2006, 20:40
I thought Howard Greenhalgh did a pretty good job on the 'I'd Lie For You' and 'Not a Dry Eye' videos

I know the danger to discuss with you but: C'mon, the IWLFU is crap. Not the worst but not in the same league how the Michael Bay videos. But DRY EYE is in the same league. Don't know how a director can do videos of such different quality;)

Pudding
13 Jan 2006, 21:28
I know the danger to discuss with you but: C'mon, the IWLFU is crap. Not the worst but not in the same league how the Michael Bay videos. But DRY EYE is in the same league. Don't know how a director can do videos of such different quality;)

Ehhhh....what danger? :devil:

Music video's are always going to be subject to personal tastes, but I like the Indaina Jones theme of 'I'd Lie For You'. It doesn't go with the song, but overall I thought it was a pretty good video, plus it had Dana Patrick (the chick from AFL) with a heaving cleavage :bunny: I agree it's not in the same league as the Michael Bay vids, but even so, still pretty good...IMO

The Flying Mouse
13 Jan 2006, 21:57
:twisted: Dana Patrick with heaving cleavage :pray: + Patti in black thigh high boots :heart: (CHSIB) = I would give that video an oscar :drool:

Would you hose me down with holy water? :roll:
DAMN RIGHT I WOULD :yikes:

djfierce
13 Jan 2006, 23:02
I'm not really bothered who directs the new vids as long as they realise the attempts from CHSIB were nothing short of embarrassing. As long as the new/already used director appreciates that the fans expect the quality of anything for love/not a dry eye/objects in the rear view mirror etc.and produces something as good/better then i'll be happy. I hope Meat realises this and pushes his record company to pay out.

Ma.Ra
13 Jan 2006, 23:46
Ehhhh....what danger? :devil:

Music video's are always going to be subject to personal tastes, but I like the Indaina Jones theme of 'I'd Lie For You'. It doesn't go with the song, but overall I thought it was a pretty good video, plus it had Dana Patrick (the chick from AFL) with a heaving cleavage :bunny: I agree it's not in the same league as the Michael Bay vids, but even so, still pretty good...IMO

I just don't like this military villain and this strange woman on his site:roll: :? a bit too much clichee.

:twisted: Dana Patrick with heaving cleavage :pray: + Patti in black thigh high boots :heart: (CHSIB) = I would give that video an oscar :drool:

Would you hose me down with holy water? :roll:
DAMN RIGHT I WOULD :yikes:

Don't forget patti's corset from this and the CHSIB Tour!

My opinion :drool::drool: :drool: :pray: :cool: :cheer: :yay:

But how old is Dana Patrick now?;)

AndrewG
14 Jan 2006, 00:26
Seems hard to find out how old Dana is. I would certainly have thought late 30s by now. Maybe 40 or so.