PDA

View Full Version : We Need to stick by Meat !!!!

Steve6
09 Dec 2005, 22:18
I know alot of people may say Meat Loaf has lost his voice?

I disagree.

The man can still sing but maybe not as good as before. But look at how good
"COULD'NT HAVE SAID IT BETTER SOUNDED"

I support Meat Loaf all the way.
The man's a legend and at least he has the balls to do another Bat out of Hell.
Keep rock'in Meat !!!!

djfierce
09 Dec 2005, 22:36
The man can still sing but maybe not as good as before. But look at how good
"COULD'NT HAVE SAID IT BETTER SOUNDED"

I support Meat Loaf all the way.
The man's a legend and at least he has the balls to do another Bat out of Hell.
Keep rock'in Meat !!!!

:cheer: Can i get a hell yeah on that one? :cheer:
Here's to the artist who never plays it safe :cheer:

mikeloaf
09 Dec 2005, 22:52
I agree with you 100%.

People need to remember it isn't 1977, it's 2005, we should enjoy him for what he is, has done, and will do in the future.

If you expect an artist to be perfect your in for a big dissappointment. I love Meat Loaf's voice, his stage presence, his energy, etc. And I don't worry about his material, I listen to what I want to hear.

People talk about CHSIB as if it wasn't upto much, but I like it alot. So what if the last of bat isn't produced by Steinman, it's Meat and the NLE who will perform it. Meat Loaf's name will be on the cover.

Some aspects of this years tour were spoilt by poor sound quality, NOT his voice.

I hope there is an indoor tour, especially with some new song, in 2006/7 when he himself feel's he can no longer do it, I hope he'll just stop performing live.

Nothing worse than to be criticised by your own 'fans'.

Sue K
10 Dec 2005, 00:05
... i haven't been around for awhile... who has said Meat has lost his voice???

tink... curious as to what prompted this thread to be written....

Pudding
10 Dec 2005, 01:38
who has said Meat has lost his voice???

Good question

curious as to what prompted this thread to be written....

And another good question

Pud :twisted:

Steve6
10 Dec 2005, 02:39
Pud you dislike Meat loaf.

So stop pretending.

You criticise Meat on the Jim Steinman forum all the time :mad:

Pudding
10 Dec 2005, 03:13
Can I ask one of the mods to issue a couple of warning to this Steve6 character.

1. For trying to stir up the proverbial brown stinky stuff
2. For going completely 'off-topic'

Thanks

Pud :twisted:

Jaymze
10 Dec 2005, 14:04
Even if someone does dislike Meat Loaf or think he's lost his voice everyone is entitled to their opinion and shudn't be flamed for that. Some ppl on this forum are so afraid to critisize Meat's music that they cannot tell his amazing songs from his bad ones, they pretend everyone of his songs are fantastic and would argue that Blind Before I Stop is up there with Bat I and II- to be brutallly honest Meat has done some really poor work with some of his albums in the late 80s and I thought Couldn't Have Said It Better was a poor album too, he's a rock God and it just sounded like a pop album that Girls Aloud should have done, I know he can't perform as good as he used to but he's still my favourite singer by far and I think he still has an amazing voice, I'm really looking forward to Bat III because he does his best work with Steinman, it is a shame however that Steinman is not producing because I think that would guarantee a number 1 hit (look at his track record for number 1's) but of course no one can say anything because the new producer hasn't been given a chance yet. Respect to Meat and best of luck to him with his new album, I'm also hopeing that he does do an acustic album as in his mature age his voice has started to get an Elton John quality to it that I think would sound really good with just piano and guitar.

mikeloaf
10 Dec 2005, 23:48
Who is to say that people arn't ready for Bat three? 'Blind before I stop' aimed at that mid '80's market, but Bat II lived upto Bat I and the general public loved it.

It's not that people like me love everything Meat does, it's just that the sales will tell him what went down well or didn't. BBIS came out 20 yrs ago, he doesn't perform anything from it live, so I think he's answered his critics.

hot_patootie
12 Dec 2005, 16:56
I agree with you 100%.

People need to remember it isn't 1977, it's 2005, we should enjoy him for what he is, has done, and will do in the future.

If you expect an artist to be perfect your in for a big dissappointment. I love Meat Loaf's voice, his stage presence, his energy, etc. And I don't worry about his material, I listen to what I want to hear.

Nothing worse than to be criticised by your own 'fans'.

I agree with you, too.

Besides, who expects the person's voice to remain as the same through his life? We grow older and our voices mature - that's what's happened to Meat. And that's alright by me.:-)

Steve6
21 Dec 2005, 01:13
Yes very true and nicely written :up:
However in a recording studio Meat's voice will sound better anyway.

Ma.Ra
21 Dec 2005, 22:46
Yes very true and nicely written :up:
However in a recording studio Meat's voice will sound better anyway.

People can understand this wrong;) They often use a software called "Audioslave", or so, in studios;)

PanicLord
22 Dec 2005, 10:02
I think Meat's voice sounded great on BOOH Live with MSO and CHSIB. Far better than some of the tours in the late 70s and early 80s.

The only problem for me is that some of his non-Steinman songs are less ambitious vocally (with only a couple of notable exceptions - eg I'd Lie For You). What I mean is, they tend not to have long held notes so much, or really high power notes, or big variations from note to note.

I think when you put Meat and Jim together, they both reach a level that is not often acheived individually, if you see what I mean.

Meat still sounds fantastic, I'm hoping Jim can still write such stunning songs, and Bat Out Of Hell 3 is going to ROCK!

mikeloaf
22 Dec 2005, 23:36
But it's Meat who sings the songs and his vocals are very strong.

He could take most songs and do a good job with them. Song like Paradise, Bat, 2 out of 3 do seem to bring the best out of him.

To me he's a passionate performer who's never really satisfied with his own performance. Yet his performances but into the shade people half his age.

Thats why I admire him and love his music so much.