PDA

View Full Version : Band Members

Deb
09 Nov 2005, 14:02
Why is it that Kasim posts are allowed all the time in general by SueW yet other band member posts get moved to off topic?

Winston
09 Nov 2005, 14:16
Because SueW can do what she wants on this site :nuts:

The Flying Mouse
09 Nov 2005, 14:24
:twisted: Has anyone moved a thread concerning a band member to off topic?

Deb
09 Nov 2005, 14:36
:twisted: Has anyone moved a thread concerning a band member to off topic?

I had one moved last yr about wwry to off topic. I havent posted about a band member since and wont either. Not in off topic anyway. I really don't feel it's fair to the other band members to have their convo in OT while Kasims can stay in General. No offence to kasim AT ALL here btw. I'm pretty sure mine aren't the only band member posts that have been posted either. Pud actually posted about WWRY closing in OT and thats where it stayed. I have tons to say on that thread but wont in OT. Patti, John and Paul are as news worthy as Kasim in my opinion.

The Flying Mouse
09 Nov 2005, 14:39
:twisted: Okey dokey.
I've just had a quick look through the last five pages of Off Topic, and the last three pages of General Messages, and I can't see that any thread about a band member has been moved.
The one thing I did see was that Pud had reported that "We Will Rock You" is to close in Off Topic.
I supose because he was happy to post it there, none of the mods/admin have felt it neccersary to move it.
But as I say, nobodys infalable.If i've missed something out, point it out :wink:

The Flying Mouse
09 Nov 2005, 14:53
I had one moved last yr about wwry to off topic. I havent posted about a band member since and wont either. Not in off topic anyway. I really don't feel it's fair to the other band members to have their convo in OT while Kasims can stay in General. No offence to kasim AT ALL here btw. I'm pretty sure mine aren't the only band member posts that have been posted either. Pud actually posted about WWRY closing in OT and thats where it stayed. I have tons to say on that thread but wont in OT. Patti, John and Paul are as news worthy as Kasim in my opinion.

:twisted: Sorry Deb.I was posting at the same time as you :oops:
I wholeheartedly agree with you that it would be wrong to allow posts about one band member in GM, and relegate posts about another to OT.
To be honest, I don't remember this subject ever coming up between the forum staff (until, funnilly enough, yesterday 8O ).As there has never been a problem about it, there has never been a firm rule, so it has perhaps left a little confusion on the matter.
That said, we are only human (although many of the membership must find that hard to believe :mrgreen: :lol: ) and I supose that most of the time we make a on the spot judgement on wether a thread should be moved.The day before, or the day after, we might have acted differently, maybe not.

Again, so far as Pud's thread was concerned, this was on a day where I though that he was happy to post it in OT, so if that's OK with him, it's fine with me.If I first saw that post the day before, or the day after, I might have moved it.I might not have done.
I just did what I thought was right at the time, like i'm sure the rest of the staff do.

Either way, this is something we're talking about at the moment, so there should be a very clear and simple presedent made in the next day or so 8) .

Deb
09 Nov 2005, 16:07
Pud posted in off topic because he thought it would end up there anyway. He knows mine was moved last yr.

The only reason I've said anything now I guess is that there's been more Kasim related posts in general lately, plus as I'd like to spend more time here now mots has gone. Not that I didnt want to before but with the fact that band member posts were moved to ot, I didn't feel the need to contribute much on this. Where as on mots I could.

Puds post in OT about wwry pushed me to speak up, plus the "Congrats on Kasims anniversary" post. Seeing wwry closing in ot and Kasims anniversary in general really does not seme right. WWRY has 3 members of the NLE in it. To me anyway they are very much a part of Meat Loaf. So I had to speak up before I give up completely.

You say there hasn't ever been a problem about it till now, I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who feels this way. Others just arent as willing to speak up. I didn't really want to speak up, but it's that or leave.

Deb

AndyK
09 Nov 2005, 16:15
As Mousie said " something is being considered which will make the forums easier to use, both in terms of posting and also in terms of where and how to find information" ... bear with us (them).

Who knows it may even persuade more people to contribute something on topic ...

Deb
09 Nov 2005, 19:32
Thank you for the new section R.

The Flying Mouse
09 Nov 2005, 19:45
:twisted: So that makes three forums i've named now :D
I have a taste for the corny :oops:

Pudding
09 Nov 2005, 20:00
Pud posted in off topic because he thought it would end up there anyway.

That's true

:twisted: So that makes three forums i've named now :D

Lost Boys and Golden Girls :lmao: brilliant :lmao:

Pud :twisted:

Winston
09 Nov 2005, 20:06
How appropriate :lmao:

Deb
09 Nov 2005, 20:08
Two small problems.

No reply button and no new post buttons :D

Leah
09 Nov 2005, 20:22
Big thanks for the 'band' memeber threads, very much appreciated and a very good read :D

R.
09 Nov 2005, 21:04
Lost Boys and Golden Girls (http://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)

Threads collected, it's open for posting now. Happy spamming.
We might change the forum description to something more appropriate, if we feel the need to.