PDA

View Full Version : No more Dana Patrick!!!

Shane
31 Jan 2003, 11:00
Dana Patrick was a beauty...she was in the Anything For Love video, and I'd Lie For You.

But Patti and Pearl are very capable of doing it themselves (acting as the main female character in any video), and I'd like to see one of them in that role. I'm not saying that Dana Patrick is bad, but lets give Patti or Pearl a chance.

Count K.
31 Jan 2003, 15:15
Wasn't it at "I do anything for love" where Patti said, that she isn't interested in acting in the videos??

And Pearl, ring-a-ding-ding (sorry for that :-)), sure looks damn good, but she still looks a little to "young" to act with the "old one" (Meat ;-)).

And let's not forget that there has to be Bat III first, until they make a video of that kind again...

Anonymous
31 Jan 2003, 17:17
Dana Patrick was a beauty...she was in the Anything For Love video, and I'd Lie For You.

But Patti and Pearl are very capable of doing it themselves (acting as the main female character in any video), and I'd like to see one of them in that role. I'm not saying that Dana Patrick is bad, but lets give Patti or Pearl a chance.

Oh yer, I can just see it now....Pearl doing a Paradise style smooch with her stepdad.

Let's face it, Dana is the looker not Patti or Pearl....otherwise why else would they use Dana in ILFY and not Patti who sang the song?

Bart
31 Jan 2003, 17:37
patti did not sing it, mrs. or ms. Loud sings it.

The Flying Mouse
31 Jan 2003, 18:48
:twisted: Crossed wires I think 8O .
Patti did sing I'd Lie For You.
Lorraine Crosby (a.k.a. Ms Loud) sang Anything For Love.

Michel
31 Jan 2003, 20:37
And Patti sings Antything For Love better than Mrs. Loud. Just listen to all the great live versions of that song!

tukayaway
02 Feb 2003, 01:27
I think Patti is the looker out of the three, plus I like her style of singing, and shouldn't it be whats on the inside that counts?

But without that skin, you damn ugly!

Anonymous
03 Feb 2003, 00:50
shane im a new member here aint the title Id do anything for love and not just anything for love? surely u shud know that!

Anonymous
03 Feb 2003, 01:03
r u guys mad dana patrick should b in all of meats vids!!!!

Meatloafuk-2003
03 Feb 2003, 01:05
i agree with guest yes dana patrick shud b in all meats vids u wud have to b absoulty nuts to think she should not b in any of them!!!!!! 8)

Shane
03 Feb 2003, 14:47
To the "Guest"...yes I know what the full title is. As you're new to the Meat Loaf community, you should know that most people often do shorten the title, maybe because they can't be bothered typing the whole thing out, or for some other reason. Also, most of us aren't too pedantic either.

Shane
03 Feb 2003, 15:02
Responding to a few points:

I hadn't heard that Patti wasn't interested in acting in music videos. This surprises me, because I have always believed that Patti loves acting. Ok, so I haven't heard her say so, but its quite obvious from the way she performs with Meat on stage. Apparently she has also participated in a stage show (can't remember the name). If this is true that she doesn't want to be in a music video, I think its quite sad.

I don't see why we would have to wait until Bat 3 for Patti to be in a video. I really don't know the reasoning behind that.

Anyone who thinks I was suggesting that Pearl take the place of Patti in Paradise, frankly has to be a little bit...weird, I guess. For any videos for which Pearl is not suitable, Patti is likely to be a better and more appropriate choice (unless the video concept calls for an old woman). I think that either Patti or Pearl are likely to be appropriate for any type of music video role involving a woman.

I think Dana Patrick is the least desirable of the three, both in terms of acting talents, and looks. Pearl and Patti have put in the work on tour and on albums, and they deserve to be seriously considered, and not automatically passed over for someone else who has had no involvement in the band other than a few music videos. When I hear Dana Patrick miming Patti's and Lorraine Crosby's vocals, I cringe. That reminds me of Milli Vanilli!

Michel
03 Feb 2003, 22:38
I don't care. But I think Patti can acting very well. But on tour you will always have Patti and Pearl, and no Dana Patrick!

M.Bison
04 Feb 2003, 01:02
Hi everyone, I just stumbled in here and came to say that I think Dana should be in the videos!!! Anyone that says Dana should not be in the videos is a nutcase!!!! FACE FACT Dana is the looker of the three!! And here's a message for that guest "Thanks, you're part of my blood and you can join here anytime!" Who's with me and who's against me?! And here's a message for everyone "Don't be a nutcase!"

Shane
04 Feb 2003, 05:05
I think you should be more respectful of other people's opinions. I think Patti or Pearl would be a better choice for music videos, and you disagree. I respect your opinion, but I do not respect the way in which you said it here. Let's just put it behind us.

Michel
04 Feb 2003, 20:50
Hi everyone, I just stumbled in here and came to say that I think Dana should be in the videos!!! Anyone that says Dana should not be in the videos is a nutcase!!!! FACE FACT Dana is the looker of the three!! And here's a message for that guest "Thanks, you're part of my blood and you can join here anytime!" Who's with me and who's against me?! And here's a message for everyone "Don't be a nutcase!"

Do not Insult people!!!!

And have more respect. With another opinion, you don't have to insult people. I really hate that!!!

Tim
04 Feb 2003, 21:06
everyone has his own opinion. If you disagree, you can say that, but you can't be insulting people on there opinion.

So stop playing games.