PDA

View Full Version : Meat Becoming A Teen Idol (Again)

mark999
02 Sep 2005, 23:22
Earlier this year my friends teenage son asked to borrow my MSO DVD
He and many of his friends are really in to BOOH so is my son Steven. I really hope they become life long fans as well.
Perhaps we need some re-releases I'd love to see Bat, objects and ATFL

Have a good weekend.

Mark

fencingirl
03 Sep 2005, 12:52
yes, I also think meat become a teen idol again :D ... look at the member's ages on this home page :D

Mike Piercy
03 Sep 2005, 15:31
OK I'm geriatric!

mike

Rebel 1
03 Sep 2005, 15:36
OK I'm geriatric!

mike
Same here Mike, I'd wish my son would have sticked on meat but i'm getting this strange headache's lately the only thing i hear is "gding gdong doing doing boem boem boem" archhh glad when they're not in the house so i can play my music MEAT OUT LOUD!!
:angry: :pray: :doh: :silence: :barf:

*Nicole*
03 Sep 2005, 16:52
When I held a lecture about Meat in music last year...all my friends were delighted!!
They wanted me to copy Bat out of hell II for all!! But I said "BUY IT!!!" :-) :-)
Iīm 16...almost 17 (22nd September)....I think everybody loves Meatīs music as long as they are not crazy...:-)
Forever Keep Rockinī
NICOLE

ChloeLee88
03 Sep 2005, 22:41
I think Meat has lots of teen fans!! The age range of his fans is awesome!! I'm 17 and absolutely love Meat, sadly most of my friends aren't too impressed.......but i dont care!!!! Joinin Meat related sites has shown me that there are lots of younger fans as well!!!

*Nicole*
04 Sep 2005, 12:44
I'm 17 and absolutely love Meat, sadly most of my friends aren't too impressed.......but i dont care!!!!

:D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Caelan
04 Sep 2005, 15:00
i'm 27 and Meat rules..haha..and if i mention him they look like who are you talking about..that old man???they don't like him......well..

I DO. and just love him.....the great man..

LucyK!
06 Sep 2005, 09:30
I think it's great, I've been a Meat fan since I was 7 so I was very much on my own with that when I was school, but I have two younger cousins, both at Primary school, who are really getting into it now - I didn't even influence them!

Ankie
06 Sep 2005, 10:25
i'm 27 and Meat rules..haha..and if i mention him they look like who are you talking about..that old man???they don't like him......well..

I DO. and just love him.....the great man..

That is a reply you do get, Christel! Or something like: is he still around? By now most of the in habitants of our village and of course my family and friends are aware of Meat Loaf. Which leads into phonecalls and all like: turn on your telly; there is a movie with Meat in it, or: there is going to be something on the radio about Meat!!
Even people, I only met once or twice! When I met up with a few again later on, they tell they had to think of me, when they noticed Meat either on tv or radio ;) . As long as they notice Meat, I AM OKAY WITH IT!!!!

Ankie
06 Sep 2005, 10:33
I think it's great, I've been a Meat fan since I was 7 so I was very much on my own with that when I was school, but I have two younger cousins, both at Primary school, who are really getting into it now - I didn't even influence them!

Of cooooourse you didnt Luce ;)
When 2 of my canadian cousins did visit me last May, I took them somewhere by car. As some of you know, my car makes it quite obvious that I am a Loafer. Their reply to it, was that the 16 year old son of one of them was fully ''in Meat'' now too, and so seemed to be his friends!

Caelan
06 Sep 2005, 10:41
That is a reply you do get, Christel! Or something like: is he still around? By now most of the in habitants of our village and of course my family and friends are aware of Meat Loaf. Which leads into phonecalls and all like: turn on your telly; there is a movie with Meat in it, or: there is going to be something on the radio about Meat!!
Even people, I only met once or twice! When I met up with a few again later on, they tell they had to think of me, when they noticed Meat either on tv or radio ;) . As long as they notice Meat, I AM OKAY WITH IT!!!!

yes agree with that...but it is sometimes dissapointing that when you talk about a Rolling Sones concert they all look wooowww think we go there too.:D ..when you say there a Meat Loaf concert they look....you don't mean it..:mad: do you..you're not really going there are you...:| YES I AM...allmost can't wait till the next gigs..

but the family and friends are aware of him now ..yes..they even taped Focus for me saturday..:D and family in canada is searching for some cd's for me now..
thats great..

well i'm oke with this too..
and to talk about him..i just go here..ha:D :-P

ChloeLee88
09 Sep 2005, 10:07
Haha this sounds like me too!! The whole of my former secondary school and now my college and every other place i visit all are very aware of Meat.......and i too get texts and phone calls.......even if one of his songs come on the radio......its great!!!
Chloe

RSG
15 Sep 2005, 02:38
im meeting kids my age in town who simply love his songs especially Heaven Can Wait. and this one girl said she adored for crying out loud, honestly im not suprised. they're both killer, but hopefully by the time bat 3 is out she'll share with her friends (like i do) and they'll share with their friends.

and there's some young cuties in the MSO audience DVD ^.^

Rosiec211
15 Sep 2005, 16:47
I've loved Meat since I was a little girl, when I saw the video for AFL I was totally transfixed so mum pulled out her LP of BOOH and I was rocking around the room. She then bought me the CD version and since then I've been a fan. My younger brother was really into him for a while but has since succumb to RnB and all the modern stuff. All through my school years I was pretty much alone in my Loafdom but my neighbour was a big fan too so I went to see him in concert with her a few times. Since joining uni I've found all my flatmates love him and one even went to her first meat concert this year with me. i'm nearly 20 now and I know I'll never stop rocking. Its good that youngsters are gettin into meat loaf.

wizardofodd
15 Sep 2005, 20:28
IM 15!!!!
and obviously i think meat is great, i no a few others my age that like meat aswell. i play songs to my freinds and some like it aswell but most people my age just go with the flow and follow all the up to date morden music (so they call it) but yes i think meat could become a teen idol again, especially with bat 3 will grab more atention!!

BillyPhatu
20 Sep 2005, 14:16
19 here. Most of my friends turn their noses up just at the mention of Meat, but the friends who I regard as being good music fans agree to liking him, even if they don't love him with the same obsession as myself.

I think when Bat III comes out he will gain a whole load of new admirers. There aren't many artists who can say they've got a following that consists of at least three or four generations.

RSG
28 Sep 2005, 22:07
Sharing is great. And everyday I try and at least share someone the music I listen too. I learn that there are alot more people into ML than I thought before ^.^

A girl in my art class, her and her friend use to make comics of the big guy on their school trips in middle school :D

Leah
28 Sep 2005, 22:50
Ive been a fan of Meat since I was 13 years old (22 now) and everyone who knows mw knows how Meat 'Obsessed' I am!!! And it still excites me whenever I go somewhere and see someone with a Meat t-shirt on, I always want to go up and say that im a fellow loafer but id probably look an idiot! However not so long ago I saw a young man (about 17yrs) with a back-pack on covered in Meat patches and I couldnt resist and said Hi! YAY!!! A FELLOW LOAFER!!! :D

needmoremeat
28 Sep 2005, 23:42
I nearly died of fright when I saw someone walking around The Bridges Shopping Centre with a Bat II t-shirt on! :lol:
I'm 18, have known about Meat since I was 6, Holding Out For a Hero has always been in my life, but I was about 11 or 12 when I really became obsessed! I haven't looked back at all! I never knew I could be so passionate about music, and that music was allowed to be so passionate and unique. It's in a league of its own and way above the others, nothing excites or thrills me as much as overblown, over the top Steinman.
Hopefully Bat III will generate a new audience of impressionable children like I was! :lol:

Caelan
28 Sep 2005, 23:53
my parents are thinking i'm getting crazy....how can you be so obsessed by a musician."" they say..:shock:
the say "come on it's only Meat Loaf".:evil: ..NO NO it not ONLY Meat Loaf.:!: .they don't understand...THERE'S ONLY ONE "MEAT LOAF".. just love im..":oops:

another question from them.."why in the world do you want to go to more than one gig??? it's the same.."

Yes thats right but can't get enough of him:oops:
but it's hopeless trying to explain..

Meat your the best..

Jeanie
30 Sep 2005, 20:03
I'm thrilled to see this thread, and all you young people who are into Meat Loaf as much as the "older" members of this forum, like myself. :)
It's so wonderful that you are spreading the word of Meat's music, to a whole new generation of fans. :))

I've been a HUGE fan, since I was 15, back in '78, and I'm an even bigger fan today, thanks in part to the internet, and finding lots of like minded people, who share my love for this man's awesome work, and what it means to so many of us. :)) I'll be a ML fan 'til I die, and hope you all will be, as well. :))
So, keep up the good work young ones, so more generations can know and enjoy, such great music, as this. :))

Keep on Rockin' and recruiting...

Jeanie xo