PDA

View Full Version : x-factor

wizardofodd
28 Aug 2005, 14:39
i didnt see a thread on this. did anyone watch the x-factor on itv on sat nite. the lady that sang with meat and sang IWDAFL was auditionng, Simon cowell asked her about herself, and she said that she got a number 1 in 1993 with meat loaf. they then showd a clip of the video. it was a model in the video. she sang and got through to the next audition, during the judges discission weather to put her in or not they played IWDAFL and again showd a clip of the song. i hope she does well!!! and 6 million people heard meats song last night and watched a tad f the video. :D

ChloeLee88
28 Aug 2005, 15:06
I saw it lol!! I had a feeling as soon as she said 'big hit' '1993' she was going to say meat!! How lucky is she!! I hope she does well, she can deffinately sing!!!
Chloe xx

SuperLoafMan
28 Aug 2005, 15:14
I saw it too, absolutely brilliant :D:D:D

wizardofodd
28 Aug 2005, 17:31
for those that did not see it, there is a repeat on 1TV2 at 8.30pm tonight :D

Leah
28 Aug 2005, 18:13
I saw it too and was jumping for joy when she said who she was!!
FINALLY got to see Mrs.Loud!!! Lets wish her all the luck eh?
Good Luck Lorraine!

Pixie
28 Aug 2005, 22:55
Yeah, good luck to her, they didn't all put her through, so let's hope she can show them what she's made of next time :lol:

ChrisBelfast
28 Aug 2005, 23:14
Just saw the repeat there now......hope she does well.........it would be good to see someone with talent win rather than someone the ideal age etc....

Feleena
29 Aug 2005, 00:21
:D I saw it too good luck to Mrs Loud!

Feleena x

djfierce
29 Aug 2005, 15:21
:angry: you guys can't have seen her on gmtv and her interview with the news of the world. She said that she only gets 33 pounds a month and is upset that he has "gotten fat from the profits" :bicker: while she has earned a difficult living, on a joe longthorne dvd that my fiance has she appeared as a support act she said that the original female (patti?) was taken ill and she was at the studio to see her manager so she was put in at last minute to keep schedule.Her act was horrendous, on her own she is boring and tuneless. I can't find any respect for someone who tries to further their career by dumping on others, she seems to think IWDAFL is her number one (how dare Meat Loaf put his name on the cover!!) :roll:

LucyK!
29 Aug 2005, 16:58
I was away doing my grid girl bit this weekend ( don't ask!! ) so didn't see it, but my Mum cut a bit out of the paper about it - Mrs Loud looks nothing like I pictured her!!!

ChloeLee88
29 Aug 2005, 17:47
:angry: you guys can't have seen her on gmtv and her interview with the news of the world. She said that she only gets 33 pounds a month and is upset that he has "gotten fat from the profits" :bicker: while she has earned a difficult living, on a joe longthorne dvd that my fiance has she appeared as a support act she said that the original female (patti?) was taken ill and she was at the studio to see her manager so she was put in at last minute to keep schedule.Her act was horrendous, on her own she is boring and tuneless. I can't find any respect for someone who tries to further their career by dumping on others, she seems to think IWDAFL is her number one (how dare Meat Loaf put his name on the cover!!) :roll:

OMG was this really said :yikes: thats aweful, and theres me thinking she would probably like meat!!!! grrrrr
Chloe xx

Caelan
29 Aug 2005, 18:14
:angry: she seems to think IWDAFL is her number one (how dare Meat Loaf put his name on the cover!!) :roll:

haha..yeah Meat how dare you..;)

Leah
29 Aug 2005, 22:13
I Have a slight admission to make :silence: .....I'm becoming addicted to watching X Factor!!! :wtf: :nuts: Don't tell me I'm the only one!!!

DIZZY DRUMMER
29 Aug 2005, 22:59

Excuse me but Meat has "Gotten Fat From The Profits" on many years of hard work - not just that one song !!!!

Sorry - I did not see the interview - but it seems to me that she is bitter (only my opinion) Meat works his socks off at his shows - what was it Simon said:

"Maybe there is a reason some people are only singers behind the scene" :roll:

ChloeLee88
29 Aug 2005, 23:51
Excuse me but Meat has "Gotten Fat From The Profits" on many years of hard work - not just that one song !!!!

Sorry - I did not see the interview - but it seems to me that she is bitter (only my opinion) Meat works his socks off at his shows - what was it Simon said:

"Maybe there is a reason some people are only singers behind the scene" :roll:
I agree completely.........Meat has done 30 yrs + of bloody hard work, what did she do......a few hours in a recording studio!!! She is very sour and bitter! And i wouldnt say it is a good move to start taking stabs at famous people in her position..........i remember someone else doin that.........hmmm michelle mcmanus.........and that was a very bad move!!!!
Chloe

ChloeLee88
29 Aug 2005, 23:52
I Have a slight admission to make :silence: .....I'm becoming addicted to watching X Factor!!! :wtf: :nuts: Don't tell me I'm the only one!!!
No your not the only one dont worry.........its very addictive!!!!
Chloe

AndrewG
30 Aug 2005, 00:01
I must admit I quite like watching the X-Factor (even if it is only for the cool nymphomadic Sharon Osbourne (If only she was like 25 yrs younger and single :-) )). I do hope Lorraine does well, she has a good voice. But I think to make it as a pop (I'd rather see rock!) - star, you need lots more than just a good voice and even good looks (for example where has last years Steve gone to?????). For me that Tabbi guy was much more memorable and could be a great front man for a rock band like our own hero here. Anyways my thoughts on the X factor. I will keep watching it though (hope there will be more arguments between the judges..!)

BillyPhatu
20 Sep 2005, 14:21

Heh, he's always been big-boned, anyway. :roll:

Kev
20 Sep 2005, 22:13
I hate billy Phatu and that pic :P

How has the Loud woman done? is she still in?

ChloeLee88
21 Sep 2005, 21:05
we dont know yet till it moves on to the next stages!!
Chloe :)

Leah
04 Oct 2005, 17:06
Hey I'm watching x factor pretty regulary :oops: :!:
But does anyone know if Mrs Louds still in there or been booted off? I cant remember what she looks like!

Fallen Angel
04 Oct 2005, 19:51
same here

AndrewG
04 Oct 2005, 21:02
I think she's out. But it's moving very fast I must say and I think they are very rude towards some great singers. Still it is entertaining I suppose, but I can't understand why people would enter thinking they could win it. It's more like a lottery than a talent show imo.

Info about her x factor progression. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorraine_Crosby)

An old photo can be found here: Lorraine Crosby (http://www.dixon-agency.com/lorraine.html)

Leah
04 Oct 2005, 22:49
Thanks for the info Musicman, looks like she's out. Its a very entertaining programme but at the expense of others, how some of them have the nerve to go on I don't know! But I have to admit I'm hooked in completely! :lol:

angel eyes
08 Oct 2005, 03:57
Mrs Loud has appeared on the club I go to a few times. I think she is talented but she never fails to mention that she had to wait x amount of years for her royalties to AFL and was expecting a huge amount and only got something like £2000. Her band was splitting up as the two girls were forming their own group and she said she was recording a single this year with Bonnie Tyler - nothing has happened so I assume she went on X Factor to try and salvage something. I wish her well but wish she wouldn't badmouth Meat. He has got where he is through sheer hard work and determination and never giving up and always giving everything of himself everytime. Nothing was handed to him on a plate and he will never receive the recognition that he truly deserves.
Love
Angelxxx

Heli
08 Oct 2005, 13:33
She sounds desperate and bitter to me :?

needmoremeat
08 Oct 2005, 22:04
Well, I suppose after singing on a #1 song in practically every country yet you still end up doing little gigs in working mens' clubs in the north east, wouldn't you?! :lol: Not that I'm defending her or anything, just makes you wonder.................

Jaymze
09 Oct 2005, 19:19
I do think it's a little unfair how Meat has made millions off the record and she's on thirty pound a week. Whoever's read his autobiography will know when the production company and his manager started to stitch him and he went bankrupt so Lorraine Crosby deserves a little sympathy, personnally I'd like to c her win

ChloeLee88
09 Oct 2005, 22:51
hasnt she been knocked out now!!???
chloe

stuart1234
17 Jun 2008, 16:54
just joined the forum and want to put you straight
Lorraine has never been upset with Meat loaf ,the guy who wrote the article was looking to make her look bad and tried his best to take anything and everything out of context Lorraine is incredibly proud of working with Meat is still friends with him and his entire band to this day She has never appeared on GMTV so to say she said "meat got fat off the profits" is total rubbish I dont know where you got your facts from but you are way out ! She was invited by Jim Steinman to Ocean Way Recording Studios to meet the band and ended up singing the vocals as a guide.Patti Russo who is great friends with Lorraine now Hadn't even auditioned for the job at this stage so she was never even considered to sing the vocal I am appalled that you think Lorraine has as you put it Dumped on others as she is a lovely person IWDAFL is a huge part of her life and she did actually sing it I am really upset i have just seen this post and it has taken all this time to put the record straight I invite any questions any of you on this forum may have as i know Lorraine has nothing but gratitude and great respect for Meat Loaf for giving her the break of her life !

17 Jun 2008, 17:47
Well put stuart!!!!
I have seen Lorraine a few times, she has an amazing voice and had nothing put praise for Meat and Patti i might add!!!
Lorraine is a lovely person who is in no way bitter etc, she is a kind hearted soul who is working hard and i cannot wait to see her again.
She is doing a show with Bonnie Tyler in November at Newcastle city hall and i for one will be there to support her!!!
Her voice is amazing, she was just unlucky and did not get the break she deserved after IWDAFL.
I wish her every success, she is way more talented than the crap that is in the charts at the minute, truth is a good voice and a wonderful personality just aren't enough for the record executives who churn out a load of shite these days!!!
Good luck Lorraine:)))

djfierce
17 Jun 2008, 18:14
I dont know where you got your facts from but you are way out ! !

I will answer you better in a pm if you require further explanation hun as i'm not gonna rant anymore about something so old on the board, thank you for your respectful pm btw.

my facts as said were from a dvd that i bought for my 'then' partner, she was one of the acts performing that night and was featured on the dvd, so much of my post was made from what i had seen with my own eyes, except for the newspaper article which i clearly stated was where i saw it.

I'm glad she is doing well and wish her all the best, even nice people say silly things sometimes , Meat says stupid stuff all the time, it's just human nature. I have never seen her live just what i saw on the dvd, my partner was at that show and said she didnt shine too well and i wasnt impressed with the covers she did. I do believe she was more talented than alot of people who got thru further on the x factor but i guess thats the way it goes. No disrespect meant , was just annoyed at the time with what i saw, almost 3 years ago i posted that and didnt know at the time Patti wasnt with the band when that song was done hence the question mark after patti in brackets, it was an invite for someone to correct me.

So i apologise if my post was worded innapropriatly, i hope the above helps clear it up a little more, but i have no interest in debating a post i made almost 3 yrs ago, i appreciate you only just joined and have only just seen it which is why i have responded.

Steingirl
17 Jun 2008, 18:21
I think it's a shame that talents like Lorraine and Patti have never gone on to have huge solo careers. They have voices that can sing most any genre of music. The music business today just seems to favor young, generic-sounding pop voices. I guess that's why the music business is failing these days.

djfierce
17 Jun 2008, 18:28
i agree Steingirl, the music industry today is embarrassing, i'm glad i stopped dj'ing to be a mum so i dont have to play the rubbish that is floating around these days.

allrevvedup
17 Jun 2008, 18:31
so you've heard my demo then?:lol:

17 Jun 2008, 18:51
Yea i think that as well steingirl.

samurai7
17 Jun 2008, 18:58
would I not be a million miles off if I wondered aloud wether or not mr Stuart1234 is in fact Mr Stuart Emerson, AKA Mr Lorraine Crosby? Or would I be barking up entirely the wrong tree?

17 Jun 2008, 19:04
I believe you are correct, he can give the facts from the horses mouth so to speak.

djfierce
17 Jun 2008, 20:45
so you've heard my demo then?:lol:

yep, and i definatly wouldnt play you ;)

stuart1234
18 Jun 2008, 11:18
would I not be a million miles off if I wondered aloud wether or not mr Stuart1234 is in fact Mr Stuart Emerson, AKA Mr Lorraine Crosby? Or would I be barking up entirely the wrong tree?
Yes you are right it is me i joined because of Michelle and i am very glad i did to keep you all straight there is so much rubbish said about people and they have no means to defend themselves so thanks for telling us about the forum Michelle

Monstro
18 Jun 2008, 11:45
Welcome to the neighbourhood Lorraine

LucyK!
18 Jun 2008, 11:46
I think it's Mr Lorraine hon ;)

Monstro
18 Jun 2008, 11:48
I think it isn't LOL

LucyK!
18 Jun 2008, 11:49
How come threads we post in have is it a man or a woman confusion! :lol:

19 Jun 2008, 18:09
Yes you are right it is me i joined because of Michelle and i am very glad i did to keep you all straight there is so much rubbish said about people and they have no means to defend themselves so thanks for telling us about the forum Michelle

You are welcome, i am looking forward to seeing you guys, your shows are awesome:))