PDA

View Full Version : The Rare Songs: 5. It Takes All Kind Of People

Garrett
21 Jan 2003, 19:23
Rare Songs: It Takes All Kind Of People

This song comes with a philly sound and it is titled "It Takes All Kind Of People", but I don't think that it takes all kind of them. It isn't a bad song, but it also isn't a good one. I think it's an average piece of music. I don't know if I should give this song a 4 or a 5. But in mind with the fact, that the song is getting a little bit better after hearing it a few times, I give it a 5.

5/10

White of High
21 Jan 2003, 19:56
This is the "most gospel" song to me! When I'm listening the music I see a man with jingling-drum. Not so good song!

My score: 5

Puritan
22 Jan 2003, 02:33
How interesting the different opinions on these songs from contributors to this forum. The previous two postees may not be impressed by this track but when I first bought this album back in 1979 I thought this was one of the best songs on the album and over twenty years later I still think that it is.

It reminds me of those typical "love" and "peace" songs of the late sixties. Being older than most contributors to this forum my first exposure to popular music was around 69 so I was brought up on songs like this!!

In terms of a duet I think it works very well indeed - excellent performances from both Meat and Stoney

It might appear "dated" to you youngsters but In the opinion of this "old boy" wonderful stuff. I give it 9/10

Meatles
22 Jan 2003, 22:10
I think this song is excellent, good beat, good peaceful vocals. Kind of reminds me of a groovy soul song.

8/10

The Flying Mouse
31 Jan 2003, 05:12
:twisted: I'm suprised that this song was not released as a single.
Good beat,lyrics and a sing along chorus.
I think that this would have had more success than What You See Is What You Get,but I guess we'll never know :wink: .
7/10 Gives that little bit more.

White of High
29 Jan 2007, 21:27
Average: 6.80 (34/5)

Wario
10 Oct 2010, 08:32
:twisted: I'm suprised that this song was not released as a single.
Good beat,lyrics and a sing along chorus.
I think that this would have had more success than What You See Is What You Get,but I guess we'll never know :wink: .
7/10 Gives that little bit more.

Neil its been seven years since that post. but I hope you've found out that this was released as a single.....

For me, its a fantastic church tune. great for church cookouts!

2nd best S&M song

9/10

RadioMaster
10 Oct 2010, 09:46
I actually have the single. picked it up on ebay a few years ago for next to nothing. (4€ or something like that)

Elijah's way
10 Oct 2010, 14:07
4/10