PDA

View Full Version : Anything for Love Video

Elijah's way
26 Jun 2005, 16:59
Does anyone know where the lines: "I have traveled across the universe through the years to find her. Sometimes going all the way is just a start" at the beginning come from? I have been wondering about this forever.

Also, does anyone have or have heard remixes of Meat's songs? Besides "Life is a Lemon". I have a "Anything for Love" remix and was wondering if there were any others that existed.

Tim
04 Jul 2005, 10:30
About that line...don't know.

About the remixes. There are some.
Life is a Lemon
Rock And Roll Dreams
Blind Before I Stop
Rock "n" Roll Mercenaries
Getting Away With The Murder
I'd Do Anything For Love
Objects In The Rear View Mirror (well, not really a remix)

and there will be more...

needmoremeat
04 Jul 2005, 11:33
A remix of Anything For Love???????!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: I've nearly choked on my breakfast cereal here! Is it possible to remix AFL?????!!! :shock: I never thought it was!

Diane
04 Jul 2005, 13:49
A remix of Anything For Love???????!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: I've nearly choked on my breakfast cereal here! Is it possible to remix AFL?????!!! :shock: I never thought it was!
Yes, it is possible! :cool: There is an unplugged version on an American promo MCA5P 2898.

Some of the Bat II tracks Tim mentioned can be found on a 2 disc deluxe edition of Bat II. The extra disc contains 10 singles, radio edits and remixes of Bat II songs. It was only released in America in 2002 but copies frequently come up for sale on eBay, usually at very reasonable prices. Loads of other remixes of Meat's songs can be found on vinyl & CD singles and promos.

Hope that helps.

Diane

Tim
04 Jul 2005, 21:46
Yes, it is possible! :cool: There is an unplugged version on an American promo MCA5P 2898.

Some of the Bat II tracks Tim mentioned can be found on a 2 disc deluxe edition of Bat II. The extra disc contains 10 singles, radio edits and remixes of Bat II songs. It was only released in America in 2002 but copies frequently come up for sale on eBay, usually at very reasonable prices. Loads of other remixes of Meat's songs can be found on vinyl & CD singles and promos.

Hope that helps.

Diane

Indeed Diane. The special edition double CD from Bat 2 is very nice. Nice cover also. It is not only for sale in the USA i believe. I've ordered mine on the internet by some cd shops, so do think that it is availeble in EU and Asia as well.

Tim

Diane
04 Jul 2005, 22:45
It is a beautifully presented package isn't it Tim? :cool: Good to hear you can get it outside of the USA as well. Got mine from America quite a while ago.

I'd also be very interested to know the answer to RHStoned's other question about the prologue "I have traveled across the universe through the years to find her. Sometimes going all the way is just a start". Is this something Jim wrote himself? It is very Steinmanesque. Anyone?

Diane

Tim
04 Jul 2005, 22:54
Isn't that a lyric from a song that Bonnie Tylor did??

evil nickname
05 Jul 2005, 00:12
If I recall correctly, those lines were specifically written for the video by Jim.

And "going all the way is just start" is re-used in the song "Braver Than We Are" from Dance Of The Vampires.

Diane
05 Jul 2005, 01:01
Yes you're right about "Braver Than We Are". Jim is so environmentally friendly - he loves to recycle! :cool:

I suppose I'm just curious as to whether it's a phrase he penned himself.

Diane

Fallen Angel
05 Jul 2005, 17:12
although i dont know jims reasoning behind hte lines my perception of it is that this gu looked everywhere and forever just ot find her, and sometimes searching forever can turn out to be the start of something new

Bat out of Friesland
08 Jul 2005, 12:47
Ontopic:
Hmm, remixes of Meat Loaf songs do exist.

Hmm, I know I've got to learn much about that Jim Steinman guy :shock:
I know he is the writer of the songs for Meat Loaf.

That's another reason I came at this forum, haha.

Greets,
Henderikus.

Michel
08 Jul 2005, 15:06
Jim Steinman has written many songs for Meat, also songs for other people like Bonnie Tyler (Total Eclipse Of The Heart and many others) and Celine Dion covered a song from Pandora's Box (It's All Coming Back To Me Now), also written by Jim.

Bat out of Friesland
08 Jul 2005, 17:02
I like Total eclipse of the heart too.

I think the writer makes it, haha.
(Meat Loaf and Bonnie:P)

I will use google to search info of Jim Steinman;)

Greets,
Henderikus

Michel
08 Jul 2005, 17:13
http://www.jimsteinman.com

AndrewG
08 Jul 2005, 17:23
Just be sure to stear clear of the message board on that particular site. Very anti Meat Loaf if you ask me!

Michel
08 Jul 2005, 18:28
Yes, that's true, they don't like Meat there. :?

Bat out of Friesland
08 Jul 2005, 18:31
Okay Musicman2424 ;)

Greets,
Henderikus

evil nickname
08 Jul 2005, 20:44
It happens to be that I don't quite agree with that assessment, but since I don't see the point in beating the same dead horse to death over and over again...

Oriel
09 Jul 2005, 20:34
*sigh* :?
Yet again. Look, we don't dislike Meat. We just don't blow sunshine up his ass at every given opportunity.
We like Meat and the work he has done with Jim.

S.

amethyst
09 Jul 2005, 21:38
Okay okay please dont shoot me but......... Barry Manilow did a cover of Read 'Em and Weep ~ runs off fast before you can get me. :lol: :lol:

ames xx

Bat out of Friesland
10 Jul 2005, 01:32
Hmm, who doesn't have covers? :cool: :lol:

Greets,
Henderikus

Michel
10 Jul 2005, 14:24
*sigh* :?
Yet again. Look, we don't dislike Meat. We just don't blow sunshine up his ass at every given opportunity.
We like Meat and the work he has done with Jim.

S.

But you don;t have to blow sunshine on his ass, but sometimes it seems that you don't like him.

Caelan
10 Jul 2005, 15:15
I agree with you Michel...

a bit more positive should do good....

Elijah's way
15 Jul 2005, 07:31
By the way. Who is the actress in the video?

AndrewG
15 Jul 2005, 08:57
Dana Patrick

http://www.supermodel.com/database/images/196_15_1_dana1.jpg