PDA

View Full Version : Rare songs on CD

Garrett
11 Jan 2003, 16:17
I'm so lucky! Finally, after years, I have all the rare songs of Meat on CD, even in a good quality!! I also have the album "Meat Loaf and Stoney" on CD!! That's so great! I have all of the following songs:

Heavy As Jesus
She Waits By The Window
It Takes All Kind Of People
Game Of Love
Kiss Me Again
What You See Is What You Get
Sunshine
Jimmy Bell
Lady Be Mine
Jessica White
Stone Heart
Who Is The Leader Of The People
Everything Under The Sun
The Way You Do The Things You Do
Let Me Come Down Easy

Once Upon A Time
Hello
More Than You Deserve (1973 Version)
Presence Of The Lord
Hot Patootie
Eddie's Teddie
Stand By Me
Clap Your Hands
Writing On The Wall
Street Rats
Together
Hammerdown
I Love You So I Told You A Lie
Keeper Keep Us
Lost Love
Take A Number
Hearts On Fire
Revolution Per Minute
A Time For Heroes
Thrashin'
Somebody Loves Me
Oh What A Beautiful Morning
Let It Be

Meatles
11 Jan 2003, 17:47
Garrett, I have also been lucky enough to get these CDs from David Shadbolt (Puritan - I think is his MLUKFC name). They are excellent!

Until I got them, all I had were a few of those songs in mono.

Garrett
11 Jan 2003, 18:21
Garrett, I have also been lucky enough to get these CDs from David Shadbolt (Puritan - I think is his MLUKFC name). They are excellent!

Until I got them, all I had were a few of those songs in mono.

After I've received the CDs, I recognized that the songs were in an average quality. The volume was a little bit too soft and the songs had only a very flat beat. So I used an audio software and changed the songs into MP3s. So it even rose the quality and the sound is now much better. The sound is now near to the CD quality.

Tim
11 Jan 2003, 18:26
Well, think there are some other rare songs. But do you have also some remixes (original ones) from Meat Loaf?

Those are great, specially those from Blind Before I Stop (many thanks David :lol: )

And i've got also the Stoney And Meat Loaf disk, but with some extra songs, also from the re-release. Really nice!!! And the quality is superb!!!

Garrett
11 Jan 2003, 18:48
Well, think there are some other rare songs. But do you have also some remixes (original ones) from Meat Loaf?

Those are great, specially those from Blind Before I Stop (many thanks David :lol: )

And i've got also the Stoney And Meat Loaf disk, but with some extra songs, also from the re-release. Really nice!!! And the quality is superb!!!

Yes, I also have other versions of a few songs.

Hot Patootie (Roxy Cast Version)
Lady Be Mine (US Single Edited Version)
It Takes All Kind Of People (US Single Edited Version)
What You See Is What You Get (US Single Version)
Who Is The Leader Of The People (sung by Edwin Starr)

But I do not have the remix or alternative versions of "Razors Edge" and "If You Really Want To".

Puritan
11 Jan 2003, 21:47
Garrett - I am annoyed that you feel you have to come on this forum and complain about the quality of the CDRs I sent to you you for nothing more than postage costs. Fine if you can improve them but do you have to brag about it?.

Thanks for the kind words from everyone else.

Garrett
11 Jan 2003, 22:27
Garrett - I am annoyed that you feel you have to come on this forum and complain about the quality of the CDRs I sent to you you for nothing more than postage costs. Fine if you can improve them but do you have to brag about it?.

Thanks for the kind words from everyone else.

Okay, I'm agreed with your opinion. Excuse me! The fact that the songs on the CD were in an average quality isn't your responsibility. I do not blame it on you. The fact that songs do have a flat beat or that the volume is too soft is a problem that appears on all burned CDRs in cda format. Perhaps, it's because of my DVD-ROM drive or my sound card. When I played it on my Hifi-CD-Player, I recognized that the quality was good! Due to the fact that I listen to the music on my computer very often, I need to change such music into MP3s. The problem only appears with burned CDs, not on originals. Maybe on computers of other people it isn't so.

Meatles
12 Jan 2003, 03:22
Actually

I was and still am impressed that David gets such great quality from vinyl.
There is very seldom crackling (except on 1&2 of Lost Studio), and the
sound is that of a store bought CD. I also don't like it when people have the volume too high because it gets too extorted - so Davids volume levels were perfect in my opinion.

I haven't got a record player with the proper jacks on it - but someone
did vinyl off for me a long time ago and there was tinniness (lack of bass)
and humming.

Tim
12 Jan 2003, 12:29
Well you all, look what you are doing!!! Be ashamed!! Don't now how i must say this in English, but i'll try: Never look a given horse in the mouth.

A Dutch sentence that means; when you get something, you can't complain about it.

Comon, there are some great traders here. I love them, they work hard, and sent great disks to me. I try to do the same!!
And if you have complains, well, don't do such things again, don't trade or exchange thingies. Be nice and try to help each other, am i right?

I think it is very rude and shameless!!! :evil:
:angry:

Meatles
12 Jan 2003, 16:08
Tim

I think you are right - thats why I am always complimenting traders. I
never have and never will complain about Cds someone has sent me -
and I have never had a reason too!

Everything David, Tim, Michel, MBrevard, Arjan etc have ever sent me has
been superb. When I said about volume levels being too high and extorting the sound I was using myself as an example. I made CDs with my stereo and soundcard and I had the volume too high. And I was not
pointing to anyone I have traded with.

No compliants here! Just compliments

The Flying Mouse
12 Jan 2003, 18:18
:twisted: I think it would be great if they released a rare songs c.d. compilation.With the new album due out it would be the perfect time to do so.I have a couple of rare songs on vinyl,but my record player has seen better days :? .
I got a c.d. a while ago of some twelve inch mixes.Razor's Edge is on it,but it sounds just like the album version :evil: .I've heard the twelve inch mix on vinyl and it's very good.

Meatles
12 Jan 2003, 18:48
It would be nice to have an CD release of rare songs, but then they wouldn't be rare anymore. However, I think that a limited edition unnofficial release by a minor bootleg label would be reasonable.

MEAT LOAF - The Vault - 1967 to 2002

Also, I think there should be unnofficial bootleg CD releases of
RAISING HELL - LIVE IN MANNHEIM, GERMANY 1994
LIVE IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD - LIVE AT THE BEACON 1995
DEAD RINGER FOR LIVE - WEMBLEY ARENA 1982
BAD ATTITUDE LIVE! - BRIXTON ACADEMY 1985
HAMBURG MEAT - LIVE IN RUSSELSHEIM, HAMBURG 1978
MELTDOWN IN LONDON - ENGLAND 1987

All exceptional sound and deserving of a bootleg CD release.

Michel
13 Jan 2003, 10:15
I think there a few live shows, that would be great on soundboard recording:

Lost Boys in Vienna, Austria 1988
Live in Ahoy, Rotterdam, Netherlands 1994
Born To Rock in Stuttgart, Germany 1996

And maybe a complete show from New York juli 1993, because then you're not missing anything.

I also agree, if you don't like the things you traded, you don't trade.

And I also agree that all the people on this forum who trade (Tim, Meatles, etc.) are great traders. And like Meatles, I don't like trading with people who have many rules, and have complains about everything. I only sometimes give some advise.

Meatles
13 Jan 2003, 23:54
Michel, I think we need to do a little research for a soundboard recording
of Ahoy 1994. I have the song "Heaven Can Wait" from the Ahoy 1994 show on the CLassic Albums video, So I think there is a complete video
of this concert.

As for Stuttgard and Vienna, I am the same and I wish there were soundboard recordings of these. They are awesome shows

What is it with all these video clips we see on the VH1 and other documentaries? On Behind The Music, there are live clips from a 1987 show, and several 1993/94 videos. Where are they?

Also, I will be getting to tracks recorded at the Knebworth 1985 Festival by
ML - There was a full set radio broadcasted so there is something else to
look out for!

rockfenris2005
16 Feb 2003, 13:29
I really want a copy of that CD you've got!!
I have all the stuff from STONEY AND MEAT LOAF,
So don't worry about that. I desperately want a copy of
ONCE UPON A TIME. How did you obtain a copy???
Send all information (in how to attain your CD)
To my email address: rockfenris2005@yahoo.com

seagull
17 Feb 2003, 17:33
Hi to all

Puritan / Garrett - can you tell me how to get hold of a copy of this CD? I have a number of Meat rarities myself, but am missing a few of those tracks listed above. Perhaps we could do a trade? As well as some of the tracks listed, I have on CD...

Thrashin'
River Deep, Mountain High
Midnight at the Lost & Found (Acapella version)
Clap Your Hands
Take A Number
Heroes (Duet with Brian May).

If you, or anyone that has copies of these rarities, could contact me via e-mail at seagullsim@yahoo.co.uk, I would be most grateful.

Many thanks in advance