PDA

View Full Version : A duet with Shakira !!!

Garrett
29 Dec 2002, 13:01
You know on "I Couldn't Have Said It Better Myself" will be duet between Meat Loaf and his daughter Pearl. As far as I know it will be the song "Man Of Steel". But there'll be also a second duet on the album, a duet between Meat Loaf and Shakira. I got this information at

www.mirrorofthesoul.com/greymatter/

and also on different other sites in the internet, even Polydor. I think this would be very unusual but GREAT !!!

Tim
29 Dec 2002, 13:15
I've read something about in on the German fanpage, but i thought it was just a rumour.

A duet with his daughter is very, very, very COOL!!! I wish Pearl would release her own album.

But a duet with Shakira??? 8O How will that sound? Lol

Garrett
29 Dec 2002, 13:28
I guess that would sound thoroughly good.

White of High
29 Dec 2002, 15:42
Why not?

I'm waiting a duet with Céline Dion...

Michel
29 Dec 2002, 17:59
I'm still waiting on a duet with Pearl, because she has an amazing voice!

About Shakira, she also has an amazing voice, but she doesn't use it the right way. Objection Tango is the only song I like from her yet. But it wouldn't be bad to have a duet between Shakira and Meat!

The Flying Mouse
29 Dec 2002, 18:52
:evil: Please God in heven let this be just some weird rumour.
Is Meat trying to be trendy?I can't belive that.
Life suddenly seems devoid of all purpose and reason :cry: .

LucyK!
30 Dec 2002, 00:02
I'm with "the flying mouse" on this one - I love Meat to pieces but quite frankly a duet with Shakira is the making of nightmares :?

Garrett
30 Dec 2002, 22:06
Why shouldn't Meat sing a duet with Shakira? It doesn't mean, that Meat is becoming trendy. Did you ever hear an album of Shakira? She did a lot of albums. "Laundry Service" is her seventh! Since 1994, she has released six albums before her current one. I've heard so many songs of her and I think she's a talented singer and composer. All of her songs are self-made. Most of the people only know Shakira from this year on. But there are so much more stuff, that doesn't sound like mainstream music. Lots of her songs are great ballads, rock'n'roll pieces or songs with very demanding lyrics. In her homeland Colombia, she also sang songs about the political system and about the poverty in Colombia. Just because Meat Loaf is doing a duet with Shakira, it don't means that he will become a trendy "mainstreamer". They suit each other, more than you believe.

Tim
30 Dec 2002, 22:43
Well, Garrett, i believe you! But i'm also with Flying Mouse on this one.

What's next? A duet with Britney Spears, JLO, Celine Dion?? Sure, i'm very curious about it, how it will sound. Maybe beautifull and great.

But i've to say this. I now it's hard but true. My opinion, and i'm a huge Meat Loaf fan, believe me. For what i've heard so far.....i'm not overwhelmed / touched by it. I know, it's hard to say, i think some reaction will follow, so..... But i'm still curious about the new album, despite these 3 things i've heard and listened to.

But maybe i'm spoiled with Steinman and the earlier albums.

tukayaway
30 Dec 2002, 23:22
Shakira! 8O Get in my son! :D

Can they do a video with Shakira doing her hip wiggle thing? :twisted: But I do think she's more talented than people give her credit for.

Garrett
31 Dec 2002, 11:54
Shakira! 8O Get in my son! :D

Can they do a video with Shakira doing her hip wiggle thing? :twisted: But I do think she's more talented than people give her credit for.

I don't know if there will be a video. I only got the information that there is a song with Shakira on the new album.

And always remember: Shakira isn't Britney Spears! There is a whole world between both singers!

Michel
31 Dec 2002, 12:02
And always remember: Shakira isn't Britney Spears! There is a whole world between both singers!

I absolutely agree. Shakira sings amazing Live on stage. Britney Spears doesn't sing!!!.

And maybe Shakira thnks: Meat is a Sex God!!! :D

Guppie
31 Dec 2002, 15:36
[quote=Garrett]

And maybe Shakira thnks: Meat is a Sex God!!! :D

lol... well, lets's face it: Meat IS a Sex God. :lol:

Jaymze
04 Jan 2003, 21:41
"If I ever become hip- shoot me and put me out of my missery." -- Meat Loaf.

If there is a duet with Shakira then someone hand me a gun. Meat Loaf, the king of Rock, a veteran of music for nearly fourty years might have just signed away his career- if the rumour is true then Meat is obviously trying not to have a second greatest hits album or get Steinman to ever write for him again.

Garrett
06 Jan 2003, 18:23
"If I ever become hip- shoot me and put me out of my missery." -- Meat Loaf.

If there is a duet with Shakira then someone hand me a gun. Meat Loaf, the king of Rock, a veteran of music for nearly fourty years might have just signed away his career- if the rumour is true then Meat is obviously trying not to have a second greatest hits album or get Steinman to ever write for him again.

Nah, come on man! Meat isn't becoming hip! Okay, he isn't! And Shakira isn't Britney!

JenniferSal
07 Jan 2003, 03:48
Hi! I know i lurk here but I have a hunch on this. IF in fact this Shakira rumour is true, i have a feeling that its not quite a duet that she's performed on but perhaps that she's the "Some Spanish singer" (as Kasim said in one of his online chats) who performs the spoken word part of Tear Me Down. If you've ever heard Shakira talk, it really does sound closely like her voice. Just a hunch though!! (especially as there will be two duets already on the album with Patti and Pearl!) Back to lurking i go! :) Take care!!
Jen
http://www.meatloaf-multimedia.com

Shane
08 Jan 2003, 14:34
I am not sure I understand the objections to this idea. I certainly don't associate her with people like Britney Spears. I don't think she is "tacky pop". Shakira has substance. She has popularity that is well deserved. When I first heard the idea, I was shocked because of the age difference rather than anything else. The more I thought about it, the less radical the idea seemed. After all, Meat is going to duet with Pearl, and there are many years between them in age terms.

Michel
08 Jan 2003, 20:05
But the age isn't a problem. Especially for father and daughter. Because you have to see that they are father and daughter.

About Shakira, probably will sing Patti the song on stage. Maybe will Patti also act in the video, because that is a Meat tradition. A voice who isn't the person in the video.

R.
09 Jan 2003, 21:21
FYI: Confirmed.

There will be a song featuring Shakira on the new album.

8)
R.

Shane
10 Jan 2003, 03:57
Patti has never appeared in any Meat Loaf music video to my knowledge, with the exception of Is Nothing Sacred and live performances. I wouldn't exactly say that its a tradition, but it should be one! I don't think they need to use Dana Patrick any more, because Patti can certainly handle being in a video.

M.Bison
11 Jan 2003, 00:37
Now why not, i think they should still use Dana Patrick for the video (If there's gonna be any) But is there a video to the song featuring Shakira. Anyway i think Meat doing a duet with Shakira is great. But is there gonna be video to the song? I JUST WANNA KNOW WHAT THIS WOULD BRING!?