PDA

View Full Version : Meat Mania

wizardofodd
10 Apr 2005, 23:22
hi folks!!

as you may know there has been recently a programme called Queen mania on ITV1, they have also had many ABBA manias and soon to be madonna mania. do you think there mite be a chance of a meat loaf mania and if there were to be what would you opinion on it be, and who would you like to see sing a meatloaf song???

SuperLoafMan
12 Apr 2005, 14:28
I was on about this the other day....it would be great to see a Meat mania but i dont think there are any musicians out there who could pull off Meat's songs..... :cool:

Mike Piercy
12 Apr 2005, 16:56
Kylie - BOOH

mike

Heli
12 Apr 2005, 18:04
Celine Dion - AFL

Justin Timberlake - TOOT

dukesofhazard
12 Apr 2005, 18:53
After watching Queen mania i hope that they don't do one, however it would be interesting (amusing) to see who they got and how they sounded.

But based on Toya Wilcox's and Tony Christie's "performances" (by performances I mean song murdering) I'd rather they didn't bother.

Most of the people weren't even real fans - "So can you name the members of Queen" Answer - "Ummmm, Freddy Mercury, Ummmm.... No, I can't"

needmoremeat
12 Apr 2005, 20:20
I would like to see Meat sing Meat songs :cool:
Sorry, but Celine Dion on my fave song?? No way!!!!!! As for Timberlake, I won't even dignify that with a response!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry Heli!
But if anyone had to perform a song on a matter of life and death, they'd have to have a powerful, passionate, unique and beautiful voice.

Heli
12 Apr 2005, 21:06
Well firstly, i'd think you'd be quite suprised with the Dion thing. Theres this singer called Sarah ...something and she has a sort of Dion sound...not as strong, but she sang AFL sooo well, i was blown away. Just as good as meats but it a totally new way.

As for the JT one...i was just joking! lol!

I actually think he should sing All revved up! :lmao:!

AndyK
12 Apr 2005, 21:16
If anyone sings All Revved Up it should be Springsteen, I reckon he'd do a storming version of it.

Heli
12 Apr 2005, 21:23
I think i may have to totally and utterly agree with you ther! Lol! That'd be pretty cool actually!

Winston
12 Apr 2005, 22:56
Justin Timberlake has a fantastic voice

AndrewG
12 Apr 2005, 23:04
Justin Timberlake has a fantastic voice

I take it that is an ironic post! :-)

Yes Let's have Meat do "Thunder Road" and Bruce do "Revved up" (with the big man on sax of course). A combined show would be awesome I believe.

Having Meat sing some of these memorable quotes would be great:
"Oh-oh come take my hand .We're riding out tonight to case the promised land.
Oh-oh Thunder Road oh Thunder Road
Lying out there like a killer in the sun
Hey I know it's late we can make it if we run
Oh Thunder Road sit tight take hold
Thunder Road"

Winston
12 Apr 2005, 23:16
Does Mary's dress sway or wave.........Meat would have to get it right first time :))

I'd like to hear Meat have a go at singing Johnny 99

Tim
15 Apr 2005, 21:49
Don't think it would be nice. They are hard songs to perform. And don't think that anyone can cope with the real.

rachelba
16 Apr 2005, 15:35
How about Ozzie singing Bat of Hell - infact there a few I think he could cover. Come to think of it no one sings BOH like Meat perhaps we should have a Meat Mania starring ermm MEAT!!!!!

Fallen Angel
16 Apr 2005, 18:32
lol

needmoremeat
16 Apr 2005, 20:49
perhaps we should have a Meat Mania starring ermm MEAT!!!!!

My thoughts exactly :))

Tim
16 Apr 2005, 21:33
hehe... see. You are coming to a very good point here. Finally :p

DIZZY DRUMMER
16 Apr 2005, 21:46
I am going to see Alice Cooper in November - & after listening to his songs - he would do a great

Wasted Youth or Life is a Lemon

Cpl Mickey
16 Apr 2005, 23:06
I have been watching the Madonna Mania on TV tonight and i think that Katherine Jenkins would do a Meat song justice, she is Classically trained, but has great scope in her noice. Dead rRnger or |IDAFL would suit her vocally. But i have to agree that a Meat Mania if done properly would have to have Meat as the main person.

jcmoorehead
17 Apr 2005, 14:05
No. never, it'd be terrible, Queenmania was absolutely dreadful, those people practically murdered those songs. Madonna Mania.. i never saw because I don't even like Madonna, but MeatMania? No never, seeing Meats songs get murdered in the worst way possible would be the worst form of entertainment ever.

Pixie
18 Apr 2005, 20:52
I have been watching the Madonna Mania on TV tonight and i think that Katherine Jenkins would do a Meat song justice, she is Classically trained, but has great scope in her noice. Dead rRnger or |IDAFL would suit her vocally. But i have to agree that a Meat Mania if done properly would have to have Meat as the main person.

I'm afraid I've got to disagree...she totally murdered the Madonna song - not that she couldn't sing it, just that the improvs were terrible...

The problem is that they need 'celebrities' to sing the songs and we know that to sing Meat a big range is needed - I agree Ozzie could have a go, also Brucie and Billy Joel (if the poor guy is out of rehab) - but can't think of anyone who could handle the female vocals except Cher....:D you never know...

LucyK!
20 Apr 2005, 19:47
I reckon we should do "MLUKFC do Meat Mania" and we can sing the songs instead!

LucyK!
20 Apr 2005, 19:49
Costumes and all!

SuperLoafMan
20 Apr 2005, 19:50
I reckon we should do "MLUKFC do Meat Mania" and we can sing the songs instead!
Love that idea Lucy! Sounds great...am sure we could do better than them darn celebs!!

LucyK!
20 Apr 2005, 20:14
LOL There's the next fund-raiser idea then! lol

SuperLoafMan
20 Apr 2005, 20:17
LOL :lol: Definitely

Pixie
21 Apr 2005, 10:40
Oh yes, that would be great! Maybe it would be something to combine with any potential Meat Loaf conferences/symposia that were arranged...?:??:

LucyK!
24 Apr 2005, 17:42
Oh dear...what have I started?! lol

I'd be well up for it though :D

Dave
24 Apr 2005, 18:48
Justin Timberlake - TOOT
...taken from the April Fool's joke on MirrorOfTheSoul.com....

http://www.mirrorofthesoul.com/real/thelast@bat.png

LOL~!

~Dave