PDA

View Full Version : 35. Execution Day

White of High
21 Dec 2002, 12:18
This is the START OUT OF HELL & ARRIVE TO HEAVEN topic.
Let's Go to Rock 'n' Roll!!!!!!

Execution Day (8)

One of the best song on this - isn't so good - album. A "Little Objects In The Rear View Mirror". You can hear out of it the pain and the fury. I usually don't like the acoustic guitar, but at beginning it's good. The synthesizer gives a mystic mood. When in the middle is going fast it's fantastic and agressive...

A very good song... and it has been written by Meat Loaf. I don't know the lyrics or the music???

My score: 8

Average: 8.14 (57/7)

Michel
21 Dec 2002, 18:52
One of the best songs of this album.

Especially the music is great. Great slow parts, and powerfull parts.

The lyrics are written by Meat & Dick Wagner.

My Score: 7,5

Meatles
21 Dec 2002, 20:17
I think it is a great song, too!

The best vocals I have heard Meat do since Bat Out Of Hell 1, and the lyrics are so good! they are steinman style

I give it

The Flying Mouse
24 Dec 2002, 02:13
:twisted: Great music,fantastic lyrics,it's safe to say it's one of my two favorite songs on the album.
My interperatation of the song,is a guy in the death cell with the prison priest the night before his execution.At first he is rebelious,maybe he doesn't believe they will go through with it or that he may be able to find a way out.The last chorus is brilliant when he breaks down and asks the priest (or god?) to help him die well.
I would have loved to be a music video director in the eighties.There is great scope with this song,and I would have really hammed it up and made a typicaly bad eighties video.For instance,I would have an electric chair surrounded by prison officials in suits and uniforms singing the backing vocals "Whose Blood,Whose Hands".Fun :D .You could even turn the video into a did he/didn't he story.
The only thing that spoils the song,for me,is the first part of the instrumental.To me it sounds a little bit too much like U2 8O .
8/10 Send for the ice man,my temperature is startin' to rise.

Quigmo
17 Sep 2003, 23:17
This was, and still is, an exciting song for me. Not because of the lyrics or the tune, but because of the voice! Here is the evidence we had all been hoping for. The voice was not lost forever. Truly an exciting song to listen to when it is put into context. Certainly not one of the great songs but a fine job all the way around. 8/10

Debbi V
03 Nov 2003, 17:02
:twisted: Great music,fantastic lyrics,it's safe to say it's one of my two favorite songs on the album.
My interperatation of the song,is a guy in the death cell with the prison priest the night before his execution.

I too love this song. The intense emotion building throughout just gives me the chills!

Actually, my take on this song is similar, but I picture the whole thing taking place during the French Revolution! If I close my eyes, I can almost see the "death cart" rumbling over the cobblestones through old Paris as the crowd on each side hurls taunts and curses! OK - let me reign my imagination in now!! :roll:

This whole idea started because the instrumental beginning of this song really reminds me of the harpsicord. And the "pipes" during the climax is just awesome in my opinion.

9/10

Debbi V

White of High
03 Nov 2003, 18:11
My picture is same! In a cell but I'm in a church too. He is in the church and his father is there with blooody hand and a Bible...

A Slice Of English
29 Nov 2003, 19:26
The best part of the song for me is during the faster bit in the middle:

"Standing there with bibles!"

The accompanying riff to that part is totally bangin'!

Wonderful song, conjures up some great imagery. I'd like to hear a modern version of it.

9/10

rockfenris2005
02 Dec 2003, 10:00
Blind Before I Stop is a really boring album, but I must admit, I enjoyed this once. 8/10 (and that's generous!)

LostSoul
28 Dec 2003, 16:48
I looooove this song and love Meat's involvement on it. Not a matter of voice power... it just gives me the chills!

Till now... haven't understood what this song is about! Am I digging too deep????
What is this song about? I'm not so sure it's about death after all...

I sometimes surprise myself whistling it!! really!

8/10

Bart
02 Jan 2004, 17:14
In my opinion, this should be the last song on the album. and Blind should be first.
He sings this song phenomenal.

AndyK
03 Jan 2004, 02:29
This is one of the unsung gems on BBIS, the bad production of the album overall doesn't hide Meats voice the way it does on some of the other tracks and the 80's synth sound almost (and I mean almost) don't ruin the song.

Again another song off of BBIS with great potential to be a great song rather than a good one!

7/10

Woman of Steel
04 Jan 2004, 00:52
In my opinion, this should be the last song on the album. and Blind should be first.
I think it originally was the last song on the album, but they rearranged the tracks just before they put it out.

Evil One
24 Jan 2007, 00:33

White of High
29 Jan 2007, 00:43
Average: 8.00 (88/11)

Loafy Meats
29 Jan 2007, 11:26
I'm really loving this song just now, it seems to be on repeat all the time, both on the ipod and in my head!!