PDA

View Full Version : Chat with Meat Loaf today!

SueW
28 Mar 2005, 21:18
At http://cgi1.usatoday.com/mchat/20050328001/tscript.htm

It starts at 4.00pm EST which is 10.00pm UK time (as we changed our clocks this weekend and the US didn't!).

SueW
http://www.KasimInfo.com/2005ML.html

Testify
28 Mar 2005, 23:26
ok is it actually workin?? or it messed up?? or i missed it or sumin?

SueW
28 Mar 2005, 23:31
It's working! Keep pressing refresh and look at the bottom of the page.

So far:

Maine: Come back to Maine! Two of my personal favorites are more recent songs: "Rock and roll dreams come through" and "Amnesty is Granted." What are some of the unexpected songs we might hear on this tour?

Meat Loaf: There's lots. There's new songs that there's two and maybe three new songs that will be on the next album. I always like to bring surprises in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knoxville, TN: You were my favorite character in Fight Club! Do you have any more movies coming out soon?

Meat Loaf: I've got a whole bunch coming out. I've got a movie called 'Blood Reign' which is a video game, that I shot in October. Going to imdb.com and search on my name and you'll see.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boise Idaho: I was wondering if you were going to be able to come to Idaho and make up the concert you had to cancel due to illness.

Meat Loaf: I don't remember canceling Idaho, but if I did, I'm sorry!

Alexandria, VA: How did you get the name Meat Loaf?

Meat Loaf: My dad started calling me Meat when I was 9 months old. Could have been the first word I said.

Kansas City, KS.: We love you, can you come to the MidWest?

Meat Loaf: We love them too and I would love to.

Comment from Meat Loaf: To buy tickets to my show, go to AOL and you can buy tickets starting today.

Sandpoint, Idaho: Hey Meat, I got the wonderful experience of seeing you perform back in the early 90's in a small club venue of about 300 odd people in Montreal just off the lake. It was a true/personal close interaction show and so much warmer for fans then arena-style rock. How do you view these types of venues in what you get as an artist?

Meat Loaf: That one in particular was normally a country western bar and it had wagon wheels on the stage.

I don't know how I feel about those venues; if the audience is happy it doesn't make a difference. If there's people to play for, you play for them.

I think it was bigger than 300, though.

Spokane, Washington: Hello Meat! Can you give any insight to us about your experiences in 1975's Rocky Horror Picture Show and what it did for your career boom afterwards? Keep in touch with any of that film's stars?

Meat Loaf: The experience was fantastic. I did the play and the movie and I made great friendships. Lou Adler, who was the producer of the play and movie, allowed me to put videos. We had videos in '77 and he let me put 'Paradise' as a trailer in all the movies, so that was a huge boost for me.

Towanda, Pennsylvania: Hi there, just curious.....is there any signifigance or story to the song "Took The Words Right Outta My Mouth" Always thought it was among your best. Same quetsion for "2 outta 3" if you have time to answer. Thanks for the awesome work!

Meat Loaf: The significance is whatever the person who is listening to it, it's for the person to explore and create their visions from it.

Powells Point, NC: Hello Mr. Aday! My name is Chuck Robertson, and I don't have a question but I would like to say this. You and your family and band have been through a lot of hard times. Times that most folks wouldn't endure in a few life times. I admire you all because you just don't give up and you keep trying. I personally think that you all are under rated. My hat goes off to you and I wish all of you the best of luck in your upcoming tour! Just don't break a leg "laffin". Seriously, thank you for your songs and music. Sincerely, Chuck

Meat Loaf: Thank you very much, every family goes through hard times and if your family is going through hard times it'll be over soon.

Wahiawa, Hi.: Is it true that you will be releasing the Bat Out of Hell 3? If so when, and will it be as good as the first two?

Meat Loaf: Yes. I don't know when. Will it be as good? It won't come out until it's as good as we can make it! Whether it's as good is up to you!

Phoenix, Arizona: I know your a big fantasy sports fan and was wondering who you think is going to be more valuable this season ... Randy Johnson or Curt Schilling?

Meat Loaf: I'm not a starting pitchers person, but of those two, can't go wrong with either one.

Grand Rapids, MI.: I saw the last tour and loved the "visual- effects" on the opening number Do It. Is there anything like that planned for this tour? -Brian Borbot

Meat Loaf: I have no idea what we're doing right now, we're in the process of doing all kinds of things.

West Lafayette, IN: Hey Meat! I have been a big fan of yours since I heard I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That) in 1993. I have all of your albums except one. I was just wondering if you could possibly come to someplace in Indiana. I want to come see you and I know it would totally ROCK!! Thanks Meat

Meat Loaf: I'm trying to come to Indiana! I would do the song called 'Indiana' but no one remembers it....

Birdsboro, PA: Did you write your life story in a book, also called Bat Out of Hell?

Meat Loaf: It was called 'To Hell and Back' and was on the NY Times best seller list and you can still get it online through Amazon.

Montreal, QUE: Hello Mr. Aday, :) Just wondering....your smash album "Bat Out Of Hell" is one of the truly great works of art in our time. Obviously, song styles have changed since the 70's but with your style being so distinctive, do you find it difficult to try to write for this day and age or do you think it's better to keep doing music in the same style that's worked so great for you in the past?

Meat Loaf: You never try to write for day and age, I don't see Springsteen or U2 writing for day and age. They're who they are.

Parkville, Maryland: Hi Meatloaf, In Stamford, CT in 1979, my father and I coached a Little League Base team with you called the AMF Eagles. We weren't that good but we had a great time and the kids really enjoyed it. People were impressed that you made the time for youth sports even with your hectic schedule. I was wondering if you were still involved in Little League. Andy Smith

Meat Loaf: No I'm not involved anymore. Not in a situation that I can right now but if I could I would in a heartbeat.

Tulsa, OK: I saw you in concert almost 10 years ago in Kansas City, MO. You were totally awesome! Three hours by yourself! Well, I guess you did have your band. :) Anyways, any chances of you coming here to Tulsa?

Meat Loaf: There's always a chance of me coming to Tulsa, so be aware Tulsa!

Oak Ridge, New Jersey: Do you still enjoy touring and preforming as much as you did during Bat Out of Hell and what are the differences now?

Meat Loaf: 30 years is the difference!

As long as I'm healthy I enjoy it. But when you get older health becomes an issue and you wear down quicker. That's why football players at the age of 31 are considered ancient mariners. For my show, it's very athletic in its approach so it's harder now.

Arvada, CO: Meatloaf, We met at the Pantages years ago. I was lugging camera equipment around and had a backstage pass. I have a picture of us on my wall. At that time you said that projecting the emotions of each song was the biggest challenge. What I remember was how drained you were at the end of the show (you even had a black eye from a microphone mishap). The performance by the way was great. Do you still reach deep down to convey the emotions and does it every get any easier? Also, how can I get songs to you that I have composed just for you? Thanks Len Arvada CO

Meat Loaf: It never gets any easier, anytime you are doing characters whether it's in film or song and the minute it gets easier you should hang it up, because you no longer care.

Testify
28 Mar 2005, 23:44
ooooooooh yeah ta hehehe :p

SueW
28 Mar 2005, 23:48
Watertown, SD: How do you muster up the energy to stage your awesomes performances? They must be draining both physically abd emotionally. (I first listened to you when you sang on Ted Nugent's Free-For-All album!)

Meat Loaf: You're quite right, it's both emotionally and physically draining. And I just bought gym equipment to start working out, cuz you got to.

Murray, KY.: I have been a fan of yours since I was young(er) and have made sure my son, who is 17 now, knows your music. Both of us would like to let you know how much we enjoy your music. My question is: I saw the movie about you and I would like to know how you got through the rough times. My son, who is disabled, and myself being a single mother with no family to rely on, are having a tough time. My experience has been when the money runs out, so do family and friends. How do you cope?

Meat Loaf: The film you're talkinig about, I never saw it. I can't watch it.

You're obviously very intelligent and that will always win!

Scott Voorhees in Kansas City: Thank you for often treating fans to a few of the "album tracks" during a concert. For those of us who find themselves listening to "Bad Attitude" more often than "Bat Out Of Hell," which 'deep album track' -- from any album -- do you wish you could play live, but probably won't? Looking forward to a Midwest swing!

Meat Loaf: There's a whole lot but there's a limited amount of time. But I tend to go with the majority of what people want to hear instead of minority. 'Bat' sold 36M versus 'Bad Attitude' was 4M! But 'Bad Attitudes' is one of my favorite records.

Boonville, Indiana: Do you still get the same charge out of performing live as you did when you first started? How do you avoid just 'going through the motions"?

Meat Loaf: I don't know how to avoid going through the motions, if I don't feel it I'm not going to play because I won't go through the motions. We were on a tour called the Last world tour and I could no longer do that, I got so ill that i could not continue. We just stopped the tour, because I can't go through the motions, I don't even know how to do that. There are people thAt do, but I can't. My competitiveness with myself wouldnt' allow me to do that. So the thing is that I stopped the tour cold because I didn't feel I could give the audienceS with what they deserve. Now I'm going to Europe and to Iraq and play in America. We're ending Sept. 17th and will focus on recording at that point.

Cleveland : I managed to sneak into WMMS in 1979 when you were there, and have a photo of you, me, and two of my friends. Would love to have you autograph it, some 25+ years later. Are you coming to Cleveland with this tour, and is it possible to have you autograph this photo??

Meat Loaf: Yup, and we are coming to Cleveland. Anything is possible, if you can get it to someone backstage at the venue we're playing at and with your address and I will sign it and send it back.

Chicago, IL: I checked your 2005 tour schedule. Why no stops in Chicago ? If NYC rates three concerts, Chicago should get a couple.

Meat Loaf: It was just too windy that day.

Unnion NJ: Dear Mr. Aday, Is it true that you read the Bible? I hear you had a copy of it in your travels to Paris. Are you a Christian?

Meat Loaf: Yes, I'm Christian and I had at one point two of the highest scores ever when they did Bible tests. I got a 99 on the Old Testament and a 98 on the New one when I was a teen. I have my grandfather's bible, he was a minister. And it has notes in it from his sermons, I still have it.

Ridgeway Virginia: Loved your short video from years back (Anything for Love etc.) Do you have a DVD of some more videos available? Thanks, Wes George A Fan

Meat Loaf: I couldn't tell you, I'm sure there are out there. I think there is, if it exists it'll be on Amazon.

Fremont, Wisconsin: NO MATTER WHAT is such a beautiful song that my husband and I choose it as our 1st dance as husband and wife. What was the motivation/circumstance behind it. Why is it in the middle of another song and not on it's own? Thank you for sharing your gift of music and I pray you remain healthy and strong during the upcoming tour. Kelly Watras

Meat Loaf: It goes back to an earlier question, I don't know motivation, it is what it is. It's not in the middle of another song, it's the whole thing.

Kirkland, Washington: I was just wondering if your marriage is as strong and solid as portrayed on the movie made about you? If yes, way to go! It's so nice to see a GOOD role model out there for people.

Meat Loaf: I refuse to watch it so I can't answer the question. They had my mother smoking cigarrettes and that was enough to turn me completely away from that film.

Fairfax, VA: Who will be in your band? How long will your show be?

Meat Loaf: The same people that have been in my band. If you went to Wolftrap three years ago, it's that same band.

Because I got so ill the last tour, insurance won't let me play more than an hour and 45 minutes and I can't play in the winter.

DIZZY DRUMMER
28 Mar 2005, 23:54
Mine has got stuck !!!!!!

SueW
29 Mar 2005, 00:01
Columbus, Ohio: I love your new poster for "Meat Loaf - The Show" (you look like one of the Jets in West Side Story!) Where and when was this photo taken?

Meat Loaf: I have no idea... the photo was probably taken from the video Live from Melbourne Symphony.

North Olmsted, Ohio: Your version of Gershwin's "Somebody Loves Me" is quite lovely. Would you ever consider doing more of the "classics" ? (You should, you're quite the crooner!) The best to you on your tour, Barbara Krecic

Meat Loaf: Thank you very much. The Gerswin estate has contacted me to do an entire Gershwin album, that was quite an honor. And there's always the possibility.

KANSAS CITY: What is the hardest song vocally for you to sing?

Meat Loaf: I get mental blocks against songs I don't know if other artists do. The easiest one is 'Bat Out of Hell.' The hardest is 'For Crying Out Loud' and 'Anything for Love.'

Sheffield United Kingdom: Decadent Wish only had a limited release. Any chance you might release it more widely .. it is such a great song

Meat Loaf: No, sorry. I wrote all the lyrics to that even though it doesn't mention me.

Crescent City, Calif.: Dear Meat Loaf, No rocker has such a library of "opera" style songs as you do, songs where you can really let all the emotion and soul explode. What is your favorite song to perform live, and why. Rock On, John Pritchett Crescent City, CA

Meat Loaf: 'Bat Out of Hell.'

Los Angeles, Calif.: Just letting you know that your fans in CALIFORNIA can't wait to have you back!!!

Meat Loaf: I'm waving, can you see me? I'm waving to you!

Largo, Florida: I bought your daughter Pearl's new CD "Broken Thorny Crown" a few months ago and I really love it. Do you have any plans to work with her again in the near future? Pearl rocks! Sherrie

Meat Loaf: Pearl does rock and thank you for buying her album. We never know what the future holds.

Martinez, CA: Are you nervous about your upcoming Car Race? Please be VERY careful! Okay?!!

Meat Loaf: No I'm not nervous. I just want to finish, I just want to make sure I drive all 25 miles, don't expect me to win but my goal is not to come in last.

Columbus, Indiana: Were there ever any video's made of your original live performances? Is the TV show about your life available on video ?

Meat Loaf: I have no idea, I hope that video isn't for sale.

Jacksonville, North Carolina: When will you be out with a new album

Meat Loaf: I'm hoping for 2006

Philadelphia, PA: Hey MeatLoaf, I've always enjoyed your concerts. Is your upcoming concert tour almost like a theatrical show like your previous tours?

Meat Loaf: Can't be anything but that! I'm like Popeye, I am what I am and that's all that I am.

s'-Heer Arendskerke - The Netherlands: How are you today? The performance of For Cryiing Out Loud on the MSO-dvd was such a Gift...will you include the song in the shows in Europe and the US? Great day to you, Mariella

Meat Loaf: Thank you very much! Right now there's no plans to include it especially because a lot of the shows are festivals and when we come to Holland we don't do those kinds of songs at festivals.

Vancouver, CANADA: Hey, Meat..We LOVE you in Canada..any plans for any concert dates up here?

Meat Loaf: I'd love to come to Vancouver, no plans now. I've been there a lot, doing a lot and would love to come back.

Bielefeld, Germany: Hi Meat! Are you gonna promote any songs from Bat III on the summer tour? Susi

Meat Loaf: Yes, we are.

Arlington Virginia: I think it's great about your fittnes habbits and committment to helping young people avoid drug abuse.Thanks . I hoping you are taking Jon Rosebrook Are you taking John Rosebrook on tour with ya. Matt mht123 in VA

Meat Loaf: I don't think I'm taking John, he was an old stage manager. I'm taking my drummer.

Muenster, Germany: Meat, Will the Neverland Express be the same as it was last year? Eva

Meat Loaf: Yes, everyone is the same. All the crew, all the band.

ixon IL: From the sound of the title of the tour, can we expect audience interaction like we experienced during Storytellers? Jules from mirrorofthesoul.com

Meat Loaf: Somewhat, not as much but somewhat. We're working on a teletext system where you can text message on the stage.

Lancaster pa: I love your voice, did you train professionally?

Meat Loaf: Just in the shower!

Ankie, the Netherlands: Hope you are well at the moment. How are you physically preparing for the upcoming tour?

Meat Loaf: I bought gym equipment.

Arvada CO: Mr. Meat Sir, Out of all the films you have done which is your favorite. While I like the Rocky Horror movie I thought you were great in Leap of Faith. Len

Meat Loaf: I have three favorites. 'Crazy in Alabama,' 'Fight Club,' and right now a movie called 'Focus.'

Murrayville,Georgia: Hello!! I was just wondering who was the one person that really influenced your life? I love your music and I remember Bat Out Of Hell from 1977.I was in high school.Keep doing what your doing.Best Wishes!!

Meat Loaf: Gospel music and musicals influenced me musically and singers Mahalia Jackson and the Stamps Quartet. That's what my mother listened to and the first two records that I bought were the Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan.

Hamilton, Ohio: I think you are one of the few singers around that represent the common man. With so many "entertainers' being packaged pretty boys now, do you think you could make into the vain music industry today?

Meat Loaf: But I am a pretty boy and a sex god. If I can do it, anyone can do it.

Pixie
29 Mar 2005, 09:33
Wow, that was great - and even better to see some people we know asking questions!

Testify
29 Mar 2005, 22:22
so what band he havin??

MissAsh
29 Mar 2005, 23:25
I can't believe I missed this! The transcript made me laugh though :-)

SuperLoafMan
29 Mar 2005, 23:28
Cant believe i missed it too :(

Winston
29 Mar 2005, 23:29
so what band he havin??

Muenster, Germany: Meat, Will the Neverland Express be the same as it was last year? Eva

rockfenris2005
24 Apr 2005, 13:04
You should have asked him about Bat III. Criminals!!

Tim
24 Apr 2005, 14:15
Damn.. that i missed that. Horrible... HOpe he will do some chats in Europe some day. But very good to read it all.

Dave
24 Apr 2005, 18:44
You should have asked him about Bat III. Criminals!!

Some did - many questions did not get used during the chat. However, many insane questions about obscure b-sides and personal crisis were included.

~Dave

Tim
24 Apr 2005, 19:02
but the fact is that Bat III is coming... so that is nice and good to know from the man himself. :D

Testify
24 Apr 2005, 22:36
Muenster, Germany: Meat, Will the Neverland Express be the same as it was last year? Eva </I>

ty didnt see it :p

Pixie
25 Apr 2005, 10:34
ty didnt see it :p

Hurray! (I mean that the band will be the same!) :D