PDA

View Full Version : The Rocky Horror Show - 'Hot Patootie'

SGC
19 Feb 2005, 17:14
Why hasn't 'Hot Patootie' ever been part of an actual Meat Loaf album and why is it very rarely performed. I know it did appear when he sung it on tour in 1993 and that was for the 'Live Around the World' release but the studio recording isn't on any - does anyone know why this is so?

SuperLoafMan
01 Mar 2005, 00:10
I would love to see "Hot Patootie" on a Meat Loaf album, the song is great, i downloaded it and i have it on everyday, it is hab, it should definitely be on an album for sure. 8)

Chris
01 Mar 2005, 00:14
Probably because it was written specifically for the film so it is just a bonus track when done live.

It is available on the Rocky Horror Soundtrack CD (i assume it is Meats version on there????)

SuperLoafMan
01 Mar 2005, 00:18
Yeah it is Meat's version, it is really good,
Your right, thats why it wasnt on any Meat CD's because it was done for a film, and not in his musical career. Be good to hear how he sings it now though, with his voice just progressing over the years, it would sound brilliant :D

RockingBat
02 Mar 2005, 08:27
A Hot Pattootie blessed my soul.... I really love that rock N roll....

Brilliant track... can hardly wait for Bat 3. Bring it on Meat!!!!

Dave
02 Mar 2005, 13:46
I have had the honor and privlidge of hearing this classic track not once, but twice LIVE by Meat Loaf. Once during the Storytellers show I saw (where he also did ALL SEVEN SONGS from Bat Out Of Hell), as well as the only time he sang the song during the Just Havin' Fun Tour in Allentown, PA.

Incidently, Dennis DeYoung was the aweful opening act for Meat Loaf in Allentown, which is ironic, considering his brother, Cliff DeYoung played Brad Majors in the follow-up film to The Rocky Horror Picture Show called Shock Treatment.

I found it quite amazing that Meat Loaf would chose to sing even a part of Hot Patootie considering we had just seen Brad2's brother prance around the stage for way too long for an opening act.

Dave

Diane
20 Oct 2005, 18:50
Just stumbled on this topic ... must have missed it first time round! :oops:

You can also hear Meat sing Hot Patootie on the Rocky Horror original Roxy cast recording. That recording has the added bonus of having Meat's version of Eddie's Teddy and his dialogue during Planet Schmanet.

Diane

chrissylf22
20 Oct 2005, 20:00
Just stumbled on this topic ... must have missed it first time round! :oops:

You can also hear Meat sing Hot Patootie on the Rocky Horror original Roxy cast recording. That recording has the added bonus of having Meat's version of Eddie's Teddy and his dialogue during Planet Schmanet.

Diane
i've never heard eddie's teddy sung by meat. i will have to go and find a copy

ChloeLee88
20 Oct 2005, 22:05
I love Hot Patootie and Eddies teddy, you're right it would be really interesting to hear them sung now with Meats voice as it is now!!!
Chloe :)

Diane
20 Oct 2005, 22:58
Bonus footage on one of the Rocky Horror Picture Show DVDs includes a video clip of Meat singing Hot Patootie in more recent years. (It was during one of the RHPS reunions but I can't remember which one off the top of my head). How he managed to do it I don't know, as Little Nell (Columbia) had her hands all over him at the time! :lmao:

I love Meat's version of Eddie's Teddy, especially the very Gospel style beginning.

You shouldn't have too much trouble finding a copy of the Roxy cast recording CD chrissylf22. You'll hear a different production of Hot Patootie on that CD as well so it's well worth tracking down.

Diane

christa
20 Oct 2005, 23:05
Steve Steinman sings Hot Patootie in The Meat Loaf Story, and a damn good version it is too! Well worth going to see.

Caelan
20 Oct 2005, 23:08
Steve Steinman sings Hot Patootie in The Meat Loaf Story, and a damn good version it is too! Well worth going to see.

hey steve can you come over to Holland?:-P

like to see it..:D

Heli
21 Oct 2005, 00:14
Brian May has done a version of this song too!! Very good! :mrgreen:

Nick
21 Oct 2005, 22:57
I love the song to, where can i get the lyrics? i just dont know the part after: 'she whispered in my ear tonight she realy was mine"

And yes i adore this song... but i think if he ever makes another best of cd, he will record it for that

Diane
22 Oct 2005, 01:19
Hot Patootie - Bless My Soul

Whatever happened to Saturday night
When you dressed up sharp and you felt all right
It don't seem the same since cosmic light
Came into my life and I thought I was divine

I used to go for a ride with a chick who'd go
And listen to the music on the radio
A saxophone was blowing on a rock 'n' roll show
And we climbed in the back seat and we really had a good time

Hot patootie bless my soul
I really love that rock 'n' roll
(Repeat 3 times)

My head used to swim from the perfume I smelled
My hands kind of fumbled with her white plastic belt
I'd taste her baby pink lipstick and that's when I'd melt
And she whispered in my ear tonight she really was mine

Get back in front and put some hair oil on
Buddy Holly was singing his very last song
With your arms around your girl you tried to sing along
It felt pretty good, whooo, really had a good time.

Hot patootie, bless my soul, I really love that rock 'n' roll.
(Repeat)

Dave
22 Oct 2005, 02:48
Bonus footage on one of the Rocky Horror Picture Show DVDs includes a video clip of Meat singing Hot Patootie in more recent years. (It was during one of the RHPS reunions but I can't remember which one off the top of my head). How he managed to do it I don't know, as Little Nell (Columbia) had her hands all over him at the time! :lmao:

I believe that was the 10th in NYC.

~Dave

Nick
22 Oct 2005, 17:48
hey thanks!:D :D :D :D

DIZZY DRUMMER
22 Oct 2005, 22:57
I am not going to be popular here - but I am going to admit that I - a ML fan - a dedicated ML fan -

have never seen RHS :angst: :angst: :angst: :yikes:

The only songs I know from it are the one's I have heard at Steve's show - Time Warp & Hot Patootie

:oops: :oops: :oops:

rick
23 Oct 2005, 01:40
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Nick
23 Oct 2005, 22:52
WHAT?? THAT MAKES ME WANT TO BARF!! :barf:

Just kidding...... im with ya...;) :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

i no i no.... i will buy it just give me a couple days.....

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Heli
23 Oct 2005, 23:18
Has anyone else heard/got Brian Mays version?!

It's really pretty good!! ^_^!!

LucyK!
02 Nov 2005, 18:32
To those who haven't seen RHPS I can't even begin to describe what you're missing! It's wonderful! One of those you can get to the end of then watch it all again ( or is that just me?! )

I had no idea Brian May had recorded Hot Patootie! Why on earth did he do that?!

Heli
02 Nov 2005, 18:50
I had no idea Brian May had recorded Hot Patootie! Why on earth did he do that?!

One word......Anita! LOL!!

But i have to say it's a really really great version! I wish i had it actually...i've only listened to it on a Queen radio station!