PDA

View Full Version : 32. Cheatin' In Your Dreams

White of High
02 Dec 2002, 17:39
This is the START OUT OF HELL & ARRIVE TO HEAVEN topic.
Let's Go to Rock 'n' Roll!!!!!!!

Cheatin' In Your Dreams (7)

It's a very good song too. This is the real Rod Stewart style. Do you know the Baby Jane by him? This song's world of sound is same. It's very powerfully. I love the slow intro and the middle-fast next.

The lyrics is a typical Bad Attitude lyrics. A little bit aching, a little bit funny. I'm missing more instruments...
I want to listen it in concert.

My score: 7

Average: 8.25 (49.5/6)

Michel
02 Dec 2002, 19:38
I think this isn't the best song of the Bad Attitude album. But the song isn't bad. A little bit to slow music. Some parts needs more powerfull music.

My score: 6

The Flying Mouse
02 Dec 2002, 20:06
:twisted: Great song.
It has everything you could wan't from one song a,ballard,rock n' roll and a verse of powerful rock.
The opening is really good,but when it goes into the rock n' roll it's fantastic.It's really like a good fifties rock n' roll song.I always have this vision of a dance hall,with all these teddy boys and their girls doing a line dance to it.
My favorite part of the song is the powerful rock verse "Stop It".Meat's voice sounds amazing.It sounds like he really means it,and I can imagine his face singing those words.
The lyrics are great too.Was this song written by Jim?It seems to have all his hallmarks.The mixture of ballard and rock,also the comic tragedy.
9/10 Large as life.
P.S. What happed to Don't Leave Your Mark On Me? 8O

Quigmo
17 Sep 2003, 22:33
A pretty good effort that starts slow and jumps into a rocker. Good vocals.
9/10

RSG
21 Sep 2003, 02:49
Great song, its kind of upsetting at the first. But gets into a scary smashing song. Its really done well. The vocals, his voice is really powerful here. I can't believe he killed her. (i 'm almost sure he did) i guess he got kind of stressed out. hey maybe thats what execution day, the follow up to cheatin your dreams. girl cheats, meat kills, he faces execution. hmmmm? what you think? stupid? could be? couldn't agree more?

9.5\10

A Slice Of English
24 Nov 2003, 20:18
Ooooh, nice lyrics. A modern tragedy sung with an excellent mix of rock and ballad-style music, it has always hit the right spot for me.

9/10

rockfenris2005
29 Nov 2003, 09:51
This song is DYNAMITE!!! I'll easily give it 400/10, if that is possible...
Actually, i'd better just give 10/10.

needmoremeat
22 Dec 2003, 21:22
John Parr wrote this song, and features vocally on Rock and Roll Mercenaries. He also did "St Elmo's Fire" for the theme to the movie of the same name, and he sang it himself, I really like that song, as well as CIYD :)

PanicLord
22 Dec 2003, 22:59
I really love this song! It is really emotional and Meat's voice is absolutely stunning - the hoarse sound of Dead Ringer is completely gone! (Actually, I love the hoarse sound on Dead Ringer, but technically his voice sounds less painful here!!!! :lol: ).

Great lyrics - My favourite bit is (approximately :wink:)

Stop It!
Stop It!
Don't you say a word
I put my hands around her neck and everything went blurred
Broken
Broken
As she slipped out of my hands

Good rock n roll and nice slow bits too, I reckon 9 out of 10!

LostSoul
28 Dec 2003, 03:51
I looooooooove it!

9/10

edit: I had to rate it again, I've just fallen in love with the "Bad Attitude" album again 10 (!) years after!!!!

you knew how, you knew best,
the strings to pull and buttons to press,
to wind me up and make me shake... :oops:

DIZZY DRUMMER
28 Dec 2003, 14:37
love this track - 10/10

Evil One
23 Jan 2007, 23:46

Wario
24 Jan 2007, 15:52
After the slow opening to sounds like a 50's type song!

Third best overall on the album:

9/10

White of High
24 Jan 2007, 22:26
Average: 8.46 (101.5/12)

Monstro
24 Jan 2007, 22:51
Nothing to say that hasn't already been said

9.5/10

mszee
24 Jan 2007, 23:39
8/10