PDA

View Full Version : PHENOMENON

DIZZY DRUMMER
01 Feb 2005, 00:40
Please express your thoughts .............. as to why Meat is so popular & different

I personally have not experienced anything like his music - his passion - his ......... well you tell me !!!

What does Meat mean to you ??

SuperLoafMan
01 Feb 2005, 00:44
Meat to me means everything!!!! :D . His songs light my day and if i dont get to listen to him each day i feel i have betrayed him somehow, his voice and the way he sings the songs are just truely emotional and great, no one can beat Meat, i wish to god i could sing like him, but there is only one Meat Loaf!!!!!! :lol:

angel eyes
02 Feb 2005, 04:12
His voice has passion and power - he has charisma. What a combination!!
I hated the song no matter what when Boyzone sang it but when I heard Meat sing it it took on a different meaning. He brings life and feelings to songs.
Love him to bits.

Love
Angelxxx

needmoremeat
02 Feb 2005, 17:51
Same as angel eyes :D ...Passion, power, hate Boyzone...
Nothing even comes close to what he and Jim accomplish. I don't know what I'd be listening to if not for those two :)

PS angel eyes? where are you in the North East if you don't mind me asking?:)

wizardofodd
02 Feb 2005, 18:55
i dont no, he is just meat, he is bloody fantastic. i meen i maybe (except for my mate ja) the only one in my class or year at skool that likes meat and i just dont get it. evrything he has done has been brilliant. i just wish people my age understood and heard real music.

needmoremeat
02 Feb 2005, 20:55
I know what you mean, wizardofodd. In the common room at school, somebody decided being in sixth form that we should have a radio and it is permenantly tuned to Galaxy radio :evil: Every song sounds exactly the same: dance music with a really heavy pumping beat that's all we can hear, being at the other end of the room to the radio. During a free period, if it's on, all you get for an hour is that same beat that drives you mad and makes you want to bang your head on the table to the beat of the music until you die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: To get an idea what it's like, try lightly hitting your fist on the side of your forehead, and that's it to a tee :( Wish personal CD players could reach a louder volume :(

lucie
03 Feb 2005, 00:13
i just hav to say i agree with u 2 so much!im 17 an at sixth form an all u get is people constantly listenin to the same thing that has no real meaning!sumtimes my mates really rip it out of me for loving meat loaf music so much, but i dnt cre!as lng as i hav a meat cd and my discman i can drown them out!

wizardofodd
03 Feb 2005, 00:32
yeah this realy anoys me!!!!!!!!! when people listen to the same stupid music that meen absolutly nothing and goes on repeating itself or so it seems for 3 mins. why is that it seems to be their are very few teens that like meat. are we just odd, in my opion the kids just follow the crowd whatever other people like they like cos its kool. i meen they like a song and two weeks later the song is crap and they say it is old. im sorry but this is one thing that gets on my nerves :!: :!:

lucie
03 Feb 2005, 21:42
lol! i knw wat ur saying totally! it is weird bcuz i think theres a song by meat to suit every mood u cud possibly be in and definitely sumthing for everyone to relate to! not to mention the fact that his music can be so moving, loads of people have said this elsewhere but for crying out loud on mso really had me in tears!i gotta say, its nice to tlk to sum1 else that is my age and appreciates this music!

wizardofodd
03 Feb 2005, 23:32
yeah i agree, there is a song for everyone and i tell people this but i think it goes straight over there head they have more important things to worry about like relationships but wen i have those probs (rarely) i listen to meat and it cheers me up lol!!!

Skeleton
06 Feb 2005, 00:22
I really donīt know what charm me, but I think that itīs Meatīs voice that attracts me... And all his music.. Lyrics and chords... Everything is perfect in his music... His voice in uncredible.... Iīm speechless...

angel eyes
08 Feb 2005, 02:20
needmoremeat - I am living in Middlesbrough but was born in Sunderland (Pennywell) and have also lived in South Shields, Newcastle and Thornaby.

Love
Angelxxx

Biter
08 Feb 2005, 20:59
Since I started to listen to Meat, I have explored differrent types of music. As he goes through several genres (metal, ballad, rock 'n' roll) I thought that "hey...maybe theres more out there than manufactured pop" and there was. I know its probably a lame reason but I really feel that his music has changed my life and I am so glad I didn't dismiss his music without listening to it like I did all the rest.

needmoremeat
10 Feb 2005, 20:43
needmoremeat - I am living in Middlesbrough but was born in Sunderland (Pennywell) and have also lived in South Shields, Newcastle and Thornaby.

Love
Angelxxx

Cool! 8) I've been living in Grindon/High Barnes for the past 12 years :D

needmoremeat
12 Feb 2005, 16:43
Update on common room radio music!
On Thursday me and friend had a free and were sitting in a nice peaceful quiet common room with about five/six other people. Me and friend sit in a part of the room that's separate from the main room (wish it had soundproof doors :roll: ). I was showing her the photos I'd got from London after going on a two day politics trip (Westminster, Downing St and Old Bailey), when someone turned the radio on ridiculously loud :evil: Considering there's seven people in a room it does not need to be blasting, and there's classrooms above it anyway! So, being tired and slightly cranky from running around London with five hours sleep Tusday night, I got straight up and turned it right down :lol: Then, when I'd sat down, another girl got up and put it on even louder :evil: So I got up again and switched it off by the plug :twisted: The other girl got up again and switched it on :evil: Me and friend could not stand another 50 mins of this (2 hours 5 mins for me!!!!! :x ), and I already had a headache, so me and friend went to computer room, and five minutes later I sneaked home :roll: Hate galaxy radio :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: