PDA

View Full Version : MSO UK CD Version Tracks Announced -Different to USA version

ChrisBelfast
20 Sep 2004, 19:41
The UK CD version of the MSO show will be released on 18th Oct in the UK according to Play and also HMV so it looks like that date is set in stone. No details about the DVD have been given but the UK release according to HMV is different to the USA CD release out 28th September in USA.

The USA version contains the 7 tracks from Bat

The UK has 2 versions:

There is a £9.99 Version:

1. Bat Out Of Hell [Live Feb 2004]

2. You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night) [Live Feb 2004]

3. Heaven Can Wait [Live Feb 2004]

4. All Revved Up With No Place To Go [Live Feb 2004]

5. Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad [Live Feb 2004]

6. Paradise By The Dashboard Light [Live Feb 2004]

7. For Crying Out Loud [Live Feb 2004]

8. I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) [Live Feb 2004]

9. Couldn't Have Said It Better [Live Feb 2004]

and also a £14.99 version according to HMV.co.uk it contains:

Disc One

1. Bat Out Of Hell [Live Feb 2004]

2. You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night) [Live Feb 2004]

3. Heaven Can Wait [Live Feb 2004]

4. All Revved Up With No Place To Go [Live Feb 2004]

5. Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad [Live Feb 2004]

6. Paradise By The Dashboard Light [Live Feb 2004]

7. For Crying Out Loud [Live Feb 2004]

8. I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) [Live Feb 2004]

9. Couldn't Have Said It Better [Live Feb 2004]

DVD Tracks

10. Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad [Live Feb 2004]

11. Couldn't Have Said It Better [Enhanced Video]

12. Did I Say That? [Enhanced Video]

13. Photo Gallery

14. Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through [Live Feb 2004]

15. Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through [Live Feb 2004 - Surround Sound]

16. I'd Lie For You (And That's The Truth) [Live Feb 2004]

17. I'd Lie For You (And That's The Truth) [Live Feb 2004 - Surround Sound]

18. Dead Ringer For Love [Live Feb 2004]

19. Dead Ringer For Love [Live Feb 2004 - Surround Sound]

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heaven Can Wait Live 2004 - not performed during a show.
R+R Dreams also not performed
I'd Lie for You also not performed

HMV must have got this listing from somewhere - Mercury is the UK label

My guess is these tracks where recorded during a sound check or rehearsal. Any idea where these three songs came from.????

Also worth noting www.play.com has only got the cheaper copy without the bonus DVD - priced cheaper than HMV at only £8.99 -

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=CD&title=488785&p=34&g=48

PanicLord
20 Sep 2004, 20:56
WAHEY!!!!

Mercury finally wakes up and does something decent for Meat in the UK!

Do you reckon they'll do something radical like PROMOTE IT?

ChrisBelfast
28 Sep 2004, 11:51
Found out from one of the international Amazon sites that the double DVD UK version of the DVD released in UK on Oct 18th is one dvd of the concert and onother dvd containing "Live tracks, videos gallery and Surround Sound" That must be the same DVD on the special edition of the CD HMV have.

dukesofhazard
28 Sep 2004, 19:49
Great news about the UK version of the CD :) Isn't the US version supposed to be out today? If so any of our American friends got it and whats it like?

Vickip
29 Sep 2004, 04:22
Great news about the UK version of the CD :) Isn't the US version supposed to be out today? If so any of our American friends got it and whats it like?

Yes .. it's out in the US today :))
I haven't gotten my copy yet, but from what I've heard, it's amazing !!
Vicki

Ankie
29 Sep 2004, 16:54
Hi Vicki,

If you are going to get it, would you mind telling which tracks there are? I am getting a bit :? confused (okay, lots and lots) by now.

Ankie (the Netherlands)

tbuck
29 Sep 2004, 18:12
Hi Ankie,

I picked it up yesterday, it is great! It is BOOH Live w/ the Melbourne SO. Here's the CD Track Listing:
[01] Bat Out Of Hell
[02] You Took the Words
[03] Heaven Can Wait
[04] All Revved Up With No Place to Go
[05] Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad
[06] Paradise by the Dashboard Light
[07] For Crying Out Loud

We saw the theater release of the DVD on Mon. Was a shortened version, lasting 75 minutes, only song from CHSIB we saw was Testify, but there is more on the DVD. Very well done, Meat was listed as executive producer.

T

Deb
29 Sep 2004, 18:13
Thanx T :D

Ankie
29 Sep 2004, 19:17
So, the best producer ever :D .On the other hand; it must be a tough job. I wouldn't know which song to choose :? .
Meat mentioned once (or more often maybe) that he would like to do a concert for 2 evenings in a row. Simply because he would like to do so many of his songs, that they never ever can be played on one evening.

I like the fact that he produced this himself. He will have his reasons for putting it together the way he does. To me it looks like THE most frustrating thing, that when you have finished your album (either CD or DVD) and the people behind the desks change it and totally ruin your ''baby''.

Can't wait to see and hear ''our'' version!!
Thanks for letting us know Terry!

Ankie.

dukesofhazard
29 Sep 2004, 20:29
Amazon UK are very much p*****g me off! I ordered the US version of the CD from them ages ago and they said that the estimated delivery date will be 1st/2nd October. Great I thought, not too long after release & in time for my birthday.

Now however it still says that BUT CD has not been disopatched yet so theres no way I'll get it for friday AND site says that its usually dispatched in 1-2 weeks! What the hell is going on! :x :cry:

Don't know if its worth reordering now from somewhere else as I've already ordered the UK version from CD-WOW for £10.50.

ChrisBelfast
29 Sep 2004, 21:31
Amazon UK are very much p*****g me off! I ordered the US version of the CD from them ages ago and they said that the estimated delivery date will be 1st/2nd October. Great I thought, not too long after release & in time for my birthday.

Now however it still says that BUT CD has not been disopatched yet so theres no way I'll get it for friday AND site says that its usually dispatched in 1-2 weeks! What the hell is going on! :x :cry:

Don't know if its worth reordering now from somewhere else as I've already ordered the UK version from CD-WOW for £10.50.

I had same problem with Amazon.co.uk it told me when i preordered id get it the next day or two. then suddenly it said 1-2 weeks.

I ordred it instead of amazon.com this morning and by tonight id got a mail saying it had shipped - although i did go for the really dear shipping option which is 2-4 days. unless you're wanting to get it asap and dont mind about 10 quid or more shipping fees then you'd be better to wait till uk date Oct 18th.

yeah im annoyed with amazon too - they said on the day of release they had it and ready to ship.

Deb
29 Sep 2004, 21:54
Just found this on www.Play.com It's for the dvd.

Meat Loaf - Live In Australia (2 Discs)

our price: £14.99 Delivered

availability: Due for release on 18/10/2004
RRP: £19.99 You save: £5.00 (25%)

R2 - Will only play on European Region 2 or multi-region DVD players.

Special Features
Meat Loaf track by track commentary
Photo gallery
Behind the scenes footage

Review
Filmed over two nights in February, in Melbourne, Australia where Meat Loaf performed with the internationally reowned Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. As Meat Loaf comments: 'Ever since 'Bat Out Of Hell' was recorded, I always envisioned performing these songs with an orchestra. It may have taken 25 years to finally realise the opportunity but I think it was well worth the wait.'

Tracklisting: Life Is A Lemon / Mercury Blues / Dead Ringer / Testify / All Revved Up With No Place To Go / You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night) / I Couldn't Have Said It Better / Frying Pan / I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) / For Cryin' Out Loud / Paradise By The Dashboard Light / Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad / Bat Out Of Hell

Technical Details
Actors Meat Loaf ; Melbourne Symphony Orchestra
Certificate Exempt from Classification
Languages English - Dolby Digital (5.1) ; DTS
Subtitles English ; French ; German ; Spanish ; Italian
Duration 2 hours 48 minutes (approx)

Deb

Gez
29 Sep 2004, 22:00
Excellent stuff :bunny:

Deb
29 Sep 2004, 22:00
looks like play.com also have the cd with bonus cd now.

Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell: Live With The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra (With Bonus DVD)

our price: £9.99 Delivered

availability: Due for release on 18/10/2004

Deb

Bart
03 Oct 2004, 00:11
I have to congratulate Meat with his vocals on the cd. They are outstanding. When I imagine all these problems during this tour and then after 9 months touring and torturing he sings like this. Well, not bad at all for a 56-year-old rock guy. 8)

mariella
03 Oct 2004, 00:44
I have to congratulate Meat with his vocals on the cd. They are outstanding. When I imagine all these problems during this tour and then after 9 months touring and torturing he sings like this. Well, not bad at all for a 56-year-old rock guy. 8)
...I Testify...after listening to 30 secs. of FCOL and Heaven :D

xxx
Mariella
..Imagine 'The Excitement' here in Holland once I have the dvd! :wink:

Bart
03 Oct 2004, 02:10
yeaaaaaaaaaaah Mariella 8)

a 2 hours dvd = 2 hours MEAT :D :D 8)

Too much Meat is never enough! :D

The Flying Mouse
03 Oct 2004, 05:40
Too much Meat is never enough! :D