PDA

View Full Version : Any info on the release of meats DVD from the OZ concert

MooreMeat
28 May 2004, 02:31
Hi guys,
Sorry its been a while been busy as a politician Downunder. But does any one have any information on Meats concert DVD with the orchestra is been released. The company that has made the dvd says there not sure so I was wondering if anyone has heard anything .

Thanks guys

Vickip
28 May 2004, 05:02
Hi guys,
Sorry its been a while been busy as a politician Downunder. But does any one have any information on Meats concert DVD with the orchestra is been released. The company that has made the dvd says there not sure so I was wondering if anyone has heard anything .

Thanks guys

The last I heard was sometime in October ..... but I don't know for sure.
Hopefully we'll hear more about it soon.

Vicki

Dave
30 May 2004, 15:28

Until you can provide a source, I will take this as just another Meat Loaf rumor.

Thank you,

Dave

Vickip
02 Jun 2004, 01:10

Until you can provide a source, I will take this as just another Meat Loaf rumor.

Thank you,

Dave

Fine .. you can take it as you want to Dave.
But in response to a question about a possible Pay Per View Special on another message board (OIFC), Meat posted that a live CD will be released in August, and the DVD will be released in October. And I believe him.

Vicki

Kathy
02 Jun 2004, 12:34

Thank you,

Dave

Just wanted to add - the date of Meat's post was Feb. 27th - I hope that makes the source reference complete enough for you? Dave, the "DVD out in October" has been mentioned several times on this board without reprisal - Vicki was trying to be helpful, and I feel bad for her that you replied as you did.

btw, I noticed your signature - why do you think Meat doesn't like you? Isn't it more likely that he's just a very busy man.

-Kathy

Chris
02 Jun 2004, 13:07
It actually seemed like quite a reasonable comment asking for a source.

After all

Just a reminder that if anyone wants to post info on new material would they please quote the source of their information as without confirmation it can only be considered a rumour.

Dave
02 Jun 2004, 18:50
Just wanted to add - the date of Meat's post was Feb. 27th - I hope that makes the source reference complete enough for you?

Not really considering Meat Loaf also posted that his new official site was to be launched in June of 2003. Meat is just a man subject to inaccuracies as the rest of us. I have been told a ton of first-hand info and until I see it from an official source I take it as rumor. Some things, such as release dates are out of the control of the artist. Just because Meat Loaf says something is going to happen, does not always make it so - same goes for any mortal.

I feel bad for her that you replied as you did.

Just as I feel bad that you are jumping on a moral high horse with me Kathy. I did not post anything with the intentions of bringing anyone down; rather, as Chris pointed out a posting from Diane that says:

Just a reminder that if anyone wants to post info on new material would they please quote the source of their information as without confirmation it can only be considered a rumour.

I have plenty of "rumor" about upcoming projects that I would love to share with people, but as the Admin person on this board as asked that unless you can post a source, I have said nothing. There is a lot of information passed along in the confidence that it will stay "between you and me" and I will not break a confience in that manner, so on the MLUKFC I keep my mouth shut.

btw, I noticed your signature

Why thank you! That was mighty big of ya!

why do you think Meat doesn't like you? Isn't it more likely that he's just a very busy man.

Wherein my sig tag to you get that I think Meat does not like me? It would take some extremely liberal interpretation to get "I think Meat does not like me" from the words "I don't care if Meat likes me." It would seem as if there are some people running around on the Internet very concerned that they look good in the eyes of Meat Loaf and making sure to leave no doubt in the mind's of others that Meat Loaf likes them. Me, I don't really care one way or another about it. Why should I?

Further, why have I wasted my valuable lunch break trying to validate myself to you? It really is not worth it in the end Kathy. I should simply have reminded you that you are in violation of the rules of this forum by questining a judgement made by a moderator on the forums.

Forum rules and guidelines are not up for debate. This is not a democracy, but rather a private forum. Anyone openly debating the rules we have set in place will be removed. Moderators of this forum are not to be argued with when enforcing forum rules and guidelines. Anyone arguing with a Moderator against disciplinary measures will be removed from the forum. We reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless MLUKFC with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). We reserve the right to revoke your membership to the forum or disable your posting ability for any or no reason whatsoever.

I was simply stating a fact that Vicki had posted information without being able to provide a source. Such information is considered rumor on this message board. I was pointing this fact out - nothing more and nothing less. I do not know why my exercising moderator duties was taken as anything more than face value. I think there are people out there trying to read waaaaay more into my actions that what are there!

Once again, there is no real new product to discuss so we go back to pick, pick, pick on whoever the whipping boy of the day happens to be. Lately it has been a whole lot of Dave and that is a-okay with me. It does not bother me because I can always reflect upon the truths that Steven Trask wrote in the amazing show Hedwig (which Meat Loaf later covered on his best work ever, Couldn't Have Said It Better)... YOU CAN TRY AND TEAR ME DOWN!!!

ROCK ON GOOD TIMES!!!

Dave

Pudding
02 Jun 2004, 22:45
Meat is just a man subject to inaccuracies as the rest of us.

Have you gone completely insane Dave? :keke: of course he's NOT just a man and statements like saying he is will have the wrath of his TRUE fans vying for your blood :mrgreen:

I personally think you should have used more smilies :hic: as I got banned for a week for not using any :nuts:

Pud :twisted:

Dave
02 Jun 2004, 22:54

Have you gone completely insane Dave? :keke: of course he's NOT just a man and statements like saying he is will have the wrath of his TRUE fans vying for your blood

Pud...once again you bring a HUGE smile to my face. :o :D :o :D :o :D :o :D :o

I have already been on the recieving end of threats of physical violence from multiple Meat Loaf fans just for stating what I believe to be the truth and/or my honest opinion.

I AM NOT SCARED!!!

Winston
02 Jun 2004, 22:54
:lmao:

KebLou
02 Jun 2004, 22:57

Have you gone completely insane Dave? :keke: of course he's NOT just a man and statements like saying he is will have the wrath of his TRUE fans vying for your blood

Pud...once again you bring a HUGE smile to my face. :o :D :o :D :o :D :o :D :o

I have already been on the recieving end of threats of physical violence from multiple Meat Loaf fans just for stating what I believe to be the truth and/or my honest opinion.

I AM NOT SCARED!!!

To me that sounds like they have nothing better to do, fair comment on Meat just being a man. Whats there to be scared of? Say what you believe and what can they do.

Pudding
02 Jun 2004, 23:04
To me that sounds like they have nothing better to do, fair comment on Meat just being a man. Whats there to be scared of? Say what you believe and what can they do.

Some don't have anything better to do and follow each other around like some crazy cult worshipping a giant wicker Meat Loaf. I think The History Channel are going to do a documentary on them entitled "I Have No Life!"

KebLou
02 Jun 2004, 23:08
Some don't have anything better to do and follow each other around like some crazy cult worshipping a giant wicker Meat Loaf. I think The History Channel are going to do a documentary on them entitled "I Have No Life!"

There are smileys missing in that post, but I understand what you mean.

AndyK
02 Jun 2004, 23:16
sorry - was there a topic round here? :lmao: <--- obligatory smiley

Dave
03 Jun 2004, 00:25
sorry - was there a topic round here? :lmao: <--- obligatory smiley

now..now...tisk...tisk.. This is just about as off topic as the ShoutOut...almost....nothing could be that bad~!

:P

ROCK ON GOOD TIMES!!!

Dave

Heli
03 Jun 2004, 10:54
Some don't have anything better to do and follow each other around like some crazy cult worshipping a giant wicker Meat Loaf.

Hey, Don't give me any idea's :lol: :lol:

I think The History Channel are going to do a documentary on them entitled "I Have No Life!"

I'm gonna be on that show!! :D :D :D :D

Kathy
04 Jun 2004, 14:36
I feel like I walked into a hornet's nest.

I'm not questioning R.'s forum rules - you asked for a source, Dave, and were given one. Now, though, you seem to have turned the original question of source into one of the validity of that source, which is a different matter entirely. Is it within your authority as moderator to categorize anything Meat has to say as "rumor"? I wonder how he would feel about that? Dave, I keep hoping that Meat will come back here and post. Are you actively trying to keep him away?

There was a lot of strife on this board earlier this year. I don't remember any "physical violence" but please don't tell me about it - I don't want to relive that time. Re-establishing a friendly atmosphere, where people who offer to help are encouraged, not the other way around, would go a long way toward healing.

-Kathy

Diane
04 Jun 2004, 15:03
OK enough. A reasonable comment was made and it wasn't necessary or helpful to read more into it than was said.

Andy requested that this be brought back on topic but since this isn't happening I've turned the key.

Diane