PDA

View Full Version : General thoughts

GeoffM2
28 May 2004, 00:31
After browsing random topics, many of which were from long ago, I thought I'd post my thoughts on various topics!

1. I've been to several concerts by big names and Meat is by far the most enjoyment I've ever had! Even the likes of U2 could not knock ML off his perch!
2. There are extremely few artists where I enjoy virtually all the songs. ML and JS are one of the precious few!
3. I drove for 6 hours to get to a ML concert earlier this year - Bath to Glasgow, UK! (Easyjet were expensive that weekend... I wonder why)
4. There still seems to be some sort of embarassment factor for some people admitting they like ML. Why is this, when he STILL has one of the best selling albums in the world ever?
5. Paradise in karaoke by people who can reasonably sing is great!
6. Assuming Bat 3 is released (praying hard here), surely there'd be some concerts, promos, etc? The severe lack of promo for CHSIB let Meat down chronically.
7. Really looking forward to this Melbourne (?) DVD with Meat and a full orchestra. Anybody that saw Meat on Night Of The Proms 2001 will know what I mean..... phenominal! Cologne December 2001 -- I was there! (and let's not remember the 3 hours spent in the Channel Tunnel on Christmas Eve afterwards either).

Well, that's me done for now. Hope I didn't bore you with my ramblings!

Geoff M.

evil nickname
28 May 2004, 02:59
1. I've been to several concerts by big names and Meat is by far the most enjoyment I've ever had! Even the likes of U2 could not knock ML off his perch!

Yeah, well, I don't think you're totally objective on that one :) I still think that the first time I saw Meat in 1996 in Rotterdam, NL, was one of the best ones I've seen. But then I'm not being totally objective myself. I've seen a lot of good concerts, but that one - my very first - will always have a special place.

2. There are extremely few artists where I enjoy virtually all the songs. ML and JS are one of the precious few!

Well, Meat has made some pretty terrible songs on Midnight, Blind Before I Stop and CHSIB. So I don't agree with you on that one. But then again, I don't think there is any artist I enjoy every song of. Some come close, but all? No.

3. I drove for 6 hours to get to a ML concert earlier this year - Bath to Glasgow, UK! (Easyjet were expensive that weekend... I wonder why)

I sat in a train for 6 hours to get to Hamburg to see Tanz Der Vampire, earlier this year...

4. There still seems to be some sort of embarassment factor for some people admitting they like ML. Why is this, when he STILL has one of the best selling albums in the world ever?

I like a lot of music, ranging from Meat Loaf to Ayreon, and from Hanson to Dream Theater. People usually don't get my taste of music, and I don't care. In the end, it's about what you like, and that's nothing to be embarrased about.

5. Paradise in karaoke by people who can reasonably sing is great!

Paradise sung be me is worse than anything you can imagine :)

6. Assuming Bat 3 is released (praying hard here), surely there'd be some concerts, promos, etc? The severe lack of promo for CHSIB let Meat down chronically.

Undoubtedly there'll be some promo appearances, but I wouldn't hold your breath for a (world)tour. I'm still waiting for the CHSIB "Final" world tour to hit The Netherlands.

7. Really looking forward to this Melbourne (?) DVD with Meat and a full orchestra. Anybody that saw Meat on Night Of The Proms 2001 will know what I mean..... phenominal! Cologne December 2001 -- I was there! (and let's not remember the 3 hours spent in the Channel Tunnel on Christmas Eve afterwards either).

Rotterdam, November 29, 2001. I hope there'll be some announcement about this CD/DVD soon.

RSG
28 May 2004, 04:53
Yes, DVD or CD would be fantastic! I'm dying to hear this NOTP thing.

Bat 3 would be great ! Properly released, Meat deserves it, perhaps at the same time, they will properly release CHSIB. Maybe :roll: I hope :wink:

You like Paradise karoke with good singers? Your lookin at a good singer, well not physically looking, LOL but u get my drift. I can paradise a lot with a girl Jessica, this song is fun to perform, and we pull it off actions-wise really. A lot of people comment on my body language, LOL. (not to be taken racy, LOL, just to clarify)

Rob The Badger
28 May 2004, 14:25
As far as promotion goes, I'm none too impressed with his record label at the moment. Bat III will deserve proper promotion.

One Last Trip
02 Jun 2004, 02:14
Every time I say I like Meat Loaf people laugh at me, and some of them stare at me like I've got a growth on my forehead.

Vickip
02 Jun 2004, 02:27
Every time I say I like Meat Loaf people laugh at me, and some of them stare at me like I've got a growth on my forehead.

I've had the opposite thing happen to me :)

I work with my father at our family flag store. He knows I'm a big Meat fan, and he loves to ask the customers if they know who Meat Loaf is, just to see what response he gets. It's always great when people know who my Dad is talking about and we start talking about Paradise By The Dashboard Light or Anything For Love !!

The best one was a couple of days ago ... we had a customer who was visiting from Australia. When she mentioned where she was from, out of the blue my father said Meat Loaf just finished touring there, and how he heard the shows were great. She knew exactly who we meant :))

Vicki

RSG
02 Jun 2004, 05:08
She knew exactly who we meant :mrgreen:

Sweet! I have a friend, Chanell, from Austraila, I've told her about MLUKFC because she is a big Meat fan, but I haven't heard from her in a while!