PDA

View Full Version : 11. I'll Kill You If You Don't Come Back

White of High
28 Aug 2002, 23:37
This is the START OUT OF HELL & ARRIVE TO HEAVEN topic. Let's Go to Rock 'n' Roll!!!!!!!

I'll Kill You If You Don't Come Back (8/10)

I think this is the one of the best lyrics by Jim Steinman. The great question of the men: "With girls or without girls?" The girls give pain to us. Always. Sometimes we love them, after we hate. Why are you so bad with us? We love every kind of girls in everywhere: "in the sand, in gangs, who're learning to dance, homecoming queens". But you always break our heart, like the window. We hate you but WE'LL KILL YOU IF YOU DON'T COME BACK!!!!!!!!

This is a song where I wanna take apart the music and the lyrics. The music isn't so good. I think Jim should must start slowlier and faster on the end. But the best part of this song, when the glass is breaking through.

My score: music 8, lyrics 10

Average: 8.29 (157.5/19)

Anonymous
29 Aug 2002, 02:06
The song is awesome lyrically, especially the end segment

- ''they are dreaming of boys and standing just out of reach"

Although I think it could have been done when Meats voice was better.
You must remember that Meats voice didn't fully recover until during the Midnight 1983 tour.

I give this song an 8/10

The Flying Mouse
29 Aug 2002, 13:11
:twisted: Another great song from a great album.
Come to think of it,the story is simalar to More Than You Deserve.The song implies that at the begining of the relationship the woman is vunerable and almost has to be protected e.g.
( from M.T.Y.D) "And When I Saw You Crying Like A Baby"
(from I.K.Y.....) "You Were Something To See-So Very Young And Alone"
But then the woman becomes dominant and the man submisive e.g.
(from M.T.Y.D)"I Saw You Making Love To A Group Of My Best Friends"
(from I.K.Y....)"How Do You Abuse Me-Let Me Count The Ways".
If the two songs happened to the same guy,I think I'll Kill You happened first.
Score ????As I said last time I've got to start being a little more critical,or every song is going to be a ten.But this is still worth at least...
8/10 Ass IN gear.Soul IN whack.
P.S.A guest said "I think he should have done it when his voice was better"
I disagree.In 1981 Meat was really on top of his game,Dead Ringer is a very dificult album to sing,it makes Bat feel like a walk in the park.

QT
09 Oct 2002, 20:32
Indeed a good song!

8!!(out of 10 ain't bad!)

heat
11 Oct 2002, 17:02
I LOVE THIS SONG!!!!!! Definately one of Steinman's best, and i love the way Meat put so much emotion in it. Hubby isn't actually a Meat fan, be he loves this song, it's one of his faves. Mine too.

9/10 :P

Heat
xxx

Tim
11 Oct 2002, 19:05
Indeed a great song. Beautifull lyrics. Great music, specially first the rock part, then you hear the breaking of glass and then a piecefull part. To bad that Meat Loaf doesn't sing this song any more (or am I wrong?)

I will give it an 9.5

Michel
11 Oct 2002, 19:50
Very good song. Great lyrics. Typical Steinman song because it has a rock part and piecefull part (like Tim called it), like most Steinman songs. That why songs written by Jim are so good.

Like most of the songs of Dead Ringer. Why doesn't play Meat these songs anymore?

My Score: 8/9

jcmoorehead
22 Apr 2003, 00:16
Very powerful song with lots of emotion in it

9/10

Cloggy
22 Apr 2003, 21:19
8/10

Greavzyboy
23 Apr 2003, 15:08
I don't particularly like the first half of the song. I think that the music is pretty poor, although as soon as you hear the glass shattering, the song changes tone and is fabulous. The second half of the song could be a song on its own, its so moving. I've noticed that a lot of people share my opinion on this particular song.

I give the first half of the song a 4/10 and the second a 8/10

martha_mae
29 Apr 2003, 12:27
Its been said by others

9/10

JacenSolo
06 May 2003, 18:37
Awesome song, great lyrics, every man in the world can identify with the frustrations voiced in this song! (no, not literally kill her) 8O
My Score: 9

Quigmo
17 Sep 2003, 10:18
As with all Dead Ringer songs for me it seems to be a good JS effort but the voice isn't there. Difficult to get through this one. It could have ranked right up with the best of ML songs witch makes it score that much worse for me. 4/10

MBrevard
10 Oct 2003, 16:30
Hi! Here's a link to a rare music video for this song (http://www.conubic.com/real/TOCpromo.html), which I thought you all might like to see, after reading the comments here. I don't think this one has ever been officially published anywhere, so perhaps you've never seen it before.

Great song. I'd give it an 8/10. :up:

Love,
MB
xxx

shadow1000001
10 Oct 2003, 17:36
Thanks for the clip MB. I've never seen that one before. :D

8.5/10 :up:

Frying Pan
11 Oct 2003, 13:00
Yep lovely song, this one and Love Her For Both Of Us are the stand outs on the album.
8.5/10

RSG
11 Oct 2003, 19:48
This is my favourite song off of Dead Ringer. I love the music and the vocals into this song. That's it, there is no more I can say, this is a really awesome song! :D

9.5\10

Gez
03 Nov 2003, 17:21
Love this song! Reminds me of my ex-wife.

Then I saw the light and kicked her out and 'I'd kill her if she came back'.
Mmmm-Maybe a new tiltle here. Badger eat your heart out!!!

Woman of Steel
09 Nov 2003, 00:03
Music is okay, lyrics are good :D !!! I can really relate to some of those lyrics!! And they're so powerful!
"And bless all the shy girls who are learning to dance
They stare in the mirror and they conjure romance"

Skeleton
17 Nov 2003, 12:32
I love this song. I think itīs the best song of the album. I give 9,5/10 :up:

needmoremeat
24 Dec 2003, 20:15
"Somebody bless all these girls that I never have met
But damn you and curse you after all that you've done
You're the one girl I'll never forget
You're the one girl I'll never forget
Somebody bless all these girls and everything that they do
But damn me and curse me for still needing you
And I'll kill you if you don't come back!"

My fave part of the song, some of my fave lyrics from Jim :D Amazing!! What a bloody genius that man is! How the hell does he do it?????!!!!!!!!!

LostSoul
28 Dec 2003, 02:21
:twisted: Another great song from a great album.

P.S.A guest said "I think he should have done it when his voice was better"
I disagree.In 1981 Meat was really on top of his game,Dead Ringer is a very dificult album to sing,it makes Bat feel like a walk in the park.

Right you are! I love the Dead Ringer album and I do love this song!

9/10

RadioMaster
09 Oct 2006, 19:58
An ode to the girls of the world!:))

the middle part (somebody bless all these girls) is the best part of the song,

I think the lyrics are better than the music, but itīs still a good song

Paul191
09 Oct 2006, 21:01
I love this song!

8/10

batcity
09 Oct 2006, 22:02
10/10 I love that song

PanicLord
09 Oct 2006, 22:03
I love the Dead Ringer album, and this song really rocks. Dead Ringer features some of the most powerful lyrics of any Meat / Jim / anyone else album. The "Somebody bless all those girls..." bit is truly electrifying. I also love the sound effect of the glass smashing lol... I reckon 9.5/10.

23 Oct 2006, 22:41
This is the START OUT OF HELL & ARRIVE TO HEAVEN topic. Let's Go to Rock 'n' Roll!!!!!!!

I'll Kill You If You Don't Come Back (8/10)

I think this is the one of the best lyrics by Jim Steinman. The great question of the men: "With girls or without girls?" The girls give pain to us. Always. Sometimes we love them, after we hate. Why are you so bad with us? We love every kind of girls in everywhere: "in the sand, in gangs, who're learning to dance, homecoming queens". But you always break our heart, like the window. We hate you but WE'LL KILL YOU IF YOU DON'T COME BACK!!!!!!!!

This is a song where I wanna take apart the music and the lyrics. The music isn't so good. I think Jim should must start slowlier and faster on the end. But the best part of this song, when the glass is breaking through.

My score: music 8, lyrics 10

Average: 8.29 (157.5/19)
I think this song is fantastic especially with the sound cranked up! Bit on the dangerous side for driving to.(well for me anyway!)

23 Oct 2006, 22:42
I think this song is fantastic especially with the sound cranked up! Bit on the dangerous side for driving to.(well for me anyway!)
God how f***ing simple am i,that's the second time i forgot to leave my score!I give a 8.5.

Ross
24 Oct 2006, 00:53
Great song, esp the 2nd half. Very infectious riff! Like TRex said, the smashing glass is great.

9.5/10

MeatGrl1
24 Oct 2006, 01:55
Kickass song!
:heart: it to absolute peices.

9/10

lorenzoduke
24 Oct 2006, 05:57
I can take it or leave it, but then, I haven't listened to Dead Ringer in a while. Maybe I should dig it out...

Loafy Meats
22 Nov 2006, 13:34
I just realised this is my favourite ever Meat song - only took me about 20 yrs to work that out but hey - it could all change next week - 10/10

Eddie's Teddy
22 Nov 2006, 14:08
I can take it or leave it, but then, I haven't listened to Dead Ringer in a while. Maybe I should dig it out...

I listened to it the other day for the first time in absolutely ages. I'd forgotten how much I liked certain songs on there. :D

allrevvedup
22 Nov 2006, 14:27
i think the lyrics are brilliant, not sure about the rest of the song...would be interested to hear Meat perform it now

RadioMaster
22 Nov 2006, 18:38
he should do a whole concert just with songs that he didnt do live for a long time or didnt do at all. Like nearly the whole DR album, surfs up, martha, and so on....

Although Iīd never see that happen....:(

Meat-of-the-action
22 Nov 2006, 22:46
for me the best meat loaf song, nothing comes near. For me dead ringer album far better than bat.

10/10

geordieloaf
22 Nov 2006, 23:21
for me the best meat loaf song, nothing comes near. For me dead ringer album far better than bat.

10/10
I think that maybe your right. Never really thought about it but i love this album and listen to it much more than bat.
Kill you is one of my fav Meat song. I just love the the way the pace of the song changes.
10/10.

MeatGrl1
22 Nov 2006, 23:55
Still adore this song to absolute peices :heart:

9/10

Blackkat13
23 Nov 2006, 03:40
Ok Here is the Whole Video....I love this song and the video for it. Wish it was on Hits out of Hell VHS.....still got to get the BOOH with the DVD of it.

DZ8j8vFNcQI

Pudding
23 Nov 2006, 04:37
Always thought the song was mediocre until I sat down and really listened to the lyrics. I still wouldn't have it in my Top 20 Steinman songs, nor would I have it in my Top 20 of Meat Loaf songs, but it's still a really good song.

Pud :twisted:

Bart
23 Nov 2006, 10:25
The most beautiful piano piece I have ever heard.
One of my fav. Meat songs. It is a damn shame that on Booh 3 is hardly any significant stunning piano arrangement.

Evil One
23 Jan 2007, 23:04
8. A forgotten classic.

White of High
25 Jan 2007, 23:29
Average: 8.58 (274.5/32)

Wario
26 Jan 2007, 02:14
States the A word 2 times and I can associate myself in meat's shoes.

Wish it was done live and love the music video

8/10 seems fair, though I'd go for 9 :cool:

samurai7
26 Jan 2007, 02:51
Wow! That's all I can say. Like ost Steinman songs, I wish I'd written this one. Especially the second half coda. Freakin' amazing!