PDA

View Full Version : album chart

Anonymous
28 Aug 2002, 19:33
is meat still in top 100 album chart if so what no. and how many has been sold worldwide of bat out of hell ?

Anonymous
28 Aug 2002, 21:43
I'm pretty sure Bat 1 is in the 90's somewhere.

Rob The Badger
28 Aug 2002, 21:45
Bat Out Of Hell pops up every now and then, last time I saw it it was at 97.

The Flying Mouse
28 Aug 2002, 22:54
:twisted: It's debatable how many copies of Bat 1 have been sold.
The most popular estimate is around 35 million.

Anonymous
29 Aug 2002, 02:03
I think the album is on the charts because of the Summer Tour, it seems to pop up during every ML tour.

I am wondering though, how did Bat sell so many copies in the U.S if it never even made the top 10? it peaked at #9 in the U.K, and it stayed in the upper half of the top 100 for nearly a decade. In the U.S it was on the charts for 2 years (maybe thats why?)

Jaymze
30 Aug 2002, 01:18
I was reading an interview with Meat about his part in the movie Focus based on the play by Arthur Miller and this was quite recent and it said at the beginning of the interview that Bat has now sold over 50 million copies, whether the interview means Bat and BatII combined I don't know- if anyone wants the URL e-mail me and I'll find it again.

The Flying Mouse
30 Aug 2002, 02:54
:twisted: I heard a while ago that the best selling album is Michael Jackson's Thriller,with 40 million copies.But you never know,Bat might have taken over that now.
People who originatly bought Bat on vinyl would have replaced it for a c.d.
Also the amount of different versions of Bat would I imagine push up record sales.On c.d. alone there is....
Bat Out Of Hell
Bat Out Of Hell-Revamped
Bat Out Of Hell-Millenium Edition
Bat Out Of Hell-Collectors Edition
Bat Out Of Hell-2001 Release with bonus live tracks
And Now there has been a release of Bat for specially inhanced c.d. players.
But can anyone confirm that these various releases would add on to Bat's score,or are they counted as seperate albums because of the bonus tracks?????