PDA

View Full Version : 9. I'm Gonna Love Her For Both Of Us

White of High
25 Aug 2002, 23:23
This is the START OUT OF HELL & ARRIVE TO HEAVEN topic. Let's Go to Rock 'n' Roll!!!!!!!

I'm Gonna Love Her For Both Of Us (9)

I think this is the best music on the album. The lyrics is very good, but the story is too simple - it's my opinion. The music seems to me like it would be from BOOH. In the end Meat's voice is great. When I had got only Hits Out Of Hell CD from the past - and then I couldn't listen it, I didn't like - it was my favourite (and Razor's Edge). It's great!

My score: 9

Average: 9.22 (147.5/16)

The Flying Mouse
26 Aug 2002, 01:05
:twisted: GOD I LOOOOVE THIS SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
I agree with WHITE OF HIGH on this one,it's definatley the best song on the album.
The first line of the second chorus ("I'll let her shine like a jewel in the crown of the holy sun") is to die for.My other favorite part is the verse begining "When the screws are tightning" pure magic.
As someone who has tried to sing this song,I can honestly say that it's one killer of a song.Which makes me respect Meat all the more.
10/10 The Mrs likes this one,but I'm Gonna' Love It For Both Of Us.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

heat
26 Aug 2002, 09:19
I gotta say, i think this is one of my greats. I love the way Meat puts so much emotion into this. If i close my eyes when i'm listening to this, i can see it all being acted out in front of me. :D

A superb 10 / 10. :twisted:

Heat
xxx

Michel
26 Aug 2002, 18:38
A typical Steinman song. That is why this song is so great. Great music and offcourse the lyrics are great.

The best version of this song is from a bootleg Birmingham 1988. His voice is great on that show, and also on this song.

Why did Meat stop playing this song live in the 90ties?

I will give it an 8/9 (I told in the For Crying Out Loud subject why I don't give a 10)

QT
11 Oct 2002, 10:19
I think "Dead Ringer" is one of the greatest albums of meat loaf, however the album's reputation isn't as good as for example BOOH. This song shows surely what a great album Dead Ringer is!

Score: 8,5

Bart
14 Feb 2003, 13:48
the last part of the song is the best with the background vocals.
In fact parts of the song JS recycled it in Faster then the speed of night.
Almost the best song of the album (best is read em and weep).
9/10

Garrett
16 Feb 2003, 00:40
Where are they? I asked: WHERE ARE THEY?? WHERE ARE THE WORDS?? Where are the words I need to describe that song?? Sorry, but there aren't any words!! I can't find them!! I can only express it with a number!!

10+/10

tukayaway
16 Feb 2003, 01:49
This is the most under-rated song Meat has sung. I just love this song, especially when the screws are tightening....I can never sing that part without choking. It just has so much emotion behind it. Will he ever do this live again?

Michel
16 Feb 2003, 16:15
This is the most under-rated song Meat has sung. I just love this song, especially when the screws are tightening....I can never sing that part without choking. It just has so much emotion behind it. Will he ever do this live again?

I hope he will do this song live again!

Bart
04 Mar 2003, 13:39
Last week i received the recording of the Birmingham concert in 1988 from Michel. First i have to say to him: thank you very very very much! Second thing, i saw this tour myself back in 1988 in Dusseldorf, germany.
Third thing: the live version of this song is the best of the concert. Djeezzzz....what a vocals. I have never heard anyone singing like that!
Especially the last 4 or 5 minutes of the song: chills upon my spine for 5 minutes (it's muuuuuch longer then the average orgasm of human kind).
I give this song a 10.

I am gonna give her everything everything everything that'you're gonna to give. ooohh aaaaah i am gonna love her for both of us.

Tim
04 Mar 2003, 21:38
Especially the last 4 or 5 minutes of the song: chills upon my spine for 5 minutes (it's muuuuuch longer then the average orgasm of human kind).

Comon man, grow up!!! :evil:

tukayaway
09 Mar 2003, 05:33
I cant help but notice that this song has generated a lot of interest. Now, if Meat reads these forums, and sees how popular this song is. Could we maybe influence his line-up of songs at his next concert?

MEAT, PLEASE CONSIDER THIS SONG AGAIN!

Bart
09 Mar 2003, 20:50
He Tim,

I refuse!

Michel
15 Jun 2003, 22:45
Meat, what do you think of this song?

CarylB
16 Jun 2003, 01:49
The lyrics is very good, but the story is too simple -

So? .. it's art describing life .. may be simple, but the emotions such a simple lyric evoke are hardly simple .. and I think the lyrics are very special. For me it's close to a 12/10.

And Bart .. sorry old thing .. but speak for yourself! :))))))

Bart
18 Jun 2003, 16:42
:mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bart
18 Jun 2003, 16:43
i will stay forever young :mrgreen:

and, unfortunately, forever bald :?

CarylB
18 Jun 2003, 16:56
shoot .. there's another illusion dashed .. rolling ... :))))))

Bart
18 Jun 2003, 17:07
But i got a lot of money, maybe that helps :wink:

CarylB
18 Jun 2003, 17:17
Sure .. you could buy a syrup .. lol :))))

Michel
18 Jun 2003, 20:28
http://www.mlukfc.com/forums/images/postwhore.gif

CarylB
18 Jun 2003, 21:43
I beg your pardon Michel .. is that addressed to me? or is it some famous humour? And if it's to me .. what does this make Bart, pray?

Interesting though .. it's I think the first time I've had a bit of back and forth on this board ..

Bart
19 Jun 2003, 16:18
What's that? :??:

CarylB
19 Jun 2003, 16:55
Bart wrote:
What's that?

I think I as asking the same really Bart .. having come on to see POSTWHORE writ large upon the page and was curious as to what had prompted it .. I've been called a few names here recently .. and wondered what occasioned this one :)

Bart
19 Jun 2003, 17:01
O, I am sorry. I posted on the wrong item. You wrote somewhere about Syrup and i don't know what it is....

The Flying Mouse
19 Jun 2003, 17:04
:twisted: A post whore is an affectionate term for somebody who goes off topic on an on topic topic.
Confusing enough? :mrgreen:
It's a leg pull,not an insult :D .
It is often used by moderators as a joking hint to say stay on topic :wink:

CarylB
19 Jun 2003, 18:29
O-kaaaay .. so this would make Bart, (who in fact took us there) a what? POSTPIMP perhaps? :))

I'm sure this forum is for equality :)

Michel
19 Jun 2003, 19:38
A smiley made by R.

R. sometimes used it for somebody who goes off topic on an on topic topic.

That's the reason why I used it here. It's just a funny joke.

Neill, thanks for the explanation.

Dave
20 Jun 2003, 00:57
... POSTWHORE ... I've been called a few names here recently .. and wondered what occasioned this one

Actually, to be a POSTWHORE on this forum is considered by many to be a good thing. It has been an affectionate term for people back and forth almost since the board's birth.

mariella
23 Jul 2003, 01:26
Fantastic song, really hope it will be played on tour!!!

10/10

Mariella

Evan
23 Jul 2003, 02:33
Yeah I do to. I'm fortunate enough to have a high quality live version of Meat singing this and I prefer it to the album one. The live one has more electric guitars at the beginning intro instead of the acoustic and he doesn't jump right into the chorus after the first verse, he waits until after the second to do so. Good song. Steinman intentionally tried to make the story very simple.
9/10

Jayd
23 Jul 2003, 10:08
Great song and one of Meat's best.9/10 :D

Quigmo
17 Sep 2003, 06:15
Well it is a classic JS composition. But I do not like the version on Dead Ringer at all.
4/10

RSG
16 Nov 2003, 07:33
Woah, that's a low raiting quigm. There must be something you like about it.

My opinion its a 10/10.

Nice words, nice music. power, power, power. love it!

Michel
16 Nov 2003, 16:00
8O A 4? That you give Do It 4 I can understand, but this song?

ChrissybabezNI
22 Nov 2003, 23:29
Love it

Lauren
22 Nov 2003, 23:47
One of the best of all time 10/10

Tasha
01 Dec 2003, 12:14
Absolutely love it. 10/10.

kaz
01 Dec 2003, 12:55
fab, fab, fab, in every way fab
10/10

nowherefast
01 Dec 2003, 20:31
Good but not my favourite. Mainly because Dead Ringer is probably my least favourite album. This is probably the best track on it though.

8/10

PanicLord
01 Dec 2003, 20:35
I LOVE this song, it is my absolute favourite of Meat's EVER!!!

It's also my favourite album, because each and every song on it is an emotional masterpiece.

Read'Em and Weep makes me, well, weep, Dead Ringer Lifts me up and smile, and this song sends shivers down my spine. I know it is a hard song to sing becuase I have lost my voice several times after singing this on the way to work :lol:

The lyrics are beautiful, I LOVE the ending, Meat's voice is powerful and packed with emotion, the video is superb, and each time I listen to it I can see the whole "drama" being acted out. I also love the piano at the start, "When the screws are tightening..." is BEAUTIFUL and tragic...

FANTASTIC - Meat's best song ever!!! If he doesn't do it at Wembley on December 18th, I'm going to get up on stage and do it myself :)

100/10! At least! :roll: :lol: :cry: :evil:

rockfenris2005
15 Dec 2003, 09:14
Should be re-done. I love it. Sometimes I hate it,.

8/10

dottie
17 Dec 2003, 19:56
I hope this doesn't make you sad when you read this, but.................
My late first husband (Karens father) loved this record, and we always promised each other no matter what happened that 'I'm Gonna Love Her For Both Of Us'.

This record has soaring emotional ties for me, and I will gladly give this record 10/10 for putting into words everything I couldn't at the time.

10/10

Craig
18 Dec 2003, 21:22
Simply one of the best songs ever written and performed, and from my favourite album.

LostSoul
28 Dec 2003, 03:30
It's also my favourite album, because each and every song on it is an emotional masterpiece.

It's one of my all time favourite songs.
About the Dead Ringer Album, I definitely agree with you, but I guess we are a minority!

Djeezzzz....what a vocals. I have never heard anyone singing like that!

Indeed, not far from that... and that look at the end of the video... my good lord! :oops:

10/10

batloaf
14 Jan 2004, 01:30
this song surely belongs to my all time Meat Loaf Top 10 Maybe Top 5

"and if you give me your girl and if you give me your trust and if you give till the end of the night, i'm gonna love her for both of us"

i also find it a great Riddle why they didn't use this Song as the Opener of Deadringer instead of Peel out, it really has al elements of an album openerer.

RadioMaster
09 Oct 2006, 19:51
very good! 10/10

my favourite part is where it gets exstatic:
I never wanted thought that you was one of my brothers but she was singing like a siren to me over the waves...singing like a siren to me over the waves....THERE AINT NO HOLDING ME DOWN!!!!
a musical explosion :))
just like

my heart....still beating...breaking out of my body and flying away...LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL

great song

24 Oct 2006, 00:59
This song is huge,it provokes images of pure rage and passion.I also would love to see Meat sing this live! I give it 9 out of 10

Ross
24 Oct 2006, 01:21
Love the piano bass in this.

9.5/10

MeatGrl1
24 Oct 2006, 01:38
This song is kick ass!

What can I say, the lyrics are pure genius and try singing the damn thing... You can't only Meat can! I :heart: that!

:cool:

I especially love the part where he says;

#There ain't no holding me down...#
Can't explain why and if you own Hit's Out Of Hell... That shoulder roll at the end is sexy as hell!!!!!

:drool:!

Sorry forgot to vote.. image of shoulder roll in head :drool: !!

10/10

Evil One
23 Jan 2007, 23:07
9. Amazing.

geordieloaf
25 Jan 2007, 21:39
The best lyrics ever written imo. No song has ever made me as emotional as this.
10/10

Wario
25 Jan 2007, 21:42
this should've been on Very best of.

Fantastic, just a lyric really bugs me 'I'm closer to you now than any other boy and you know what I'm saying is true"

But other than that, A++++++

10/10

White of High
25 Jan 2007, 22:19
Average: 9.34 (271/29)

djfierce
25 Jan 2007, 23:05
love it

samurai7
26 Jan 2007, 02:48
One of my favourite songs ever. The way it builds up from just piano and bass to the full-on wailing guitars and fevered, empassioned vocal wailing is absolutely perfect. The moment that I decided Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman were my heroes happened whilst I was listening to this song.

JanT
26 Jan 2007, 19:36

03gills
13 Feb 2007, 13:22
One of my favourite songs ever. The way it builds up from just piano and bass to the full-on wailing guitars and fevered, empassioned vocal wailing is absolutely perfect. The moment that I decided Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman were my heroes happened whilst I was listening to this song.

i think this is the best song on the album and one of my favourites aswell, still not quite as good as maybe it could be but the only song other than i'll kill you.. which most sounds how it should sound. 8/10 for the album version but 11/10 for potential