PDA

View Full Version : Meat Loaf Silver Disc-Bat out of Hell

dottie
06 May 2004, 22:30
Can anyone help me?

I own a 1987 Meat Loaf Silver Disc which commemorates the 10th Anniversary of the Bat out of Hell Album and the number of weeks in the charts, as of that date 384 weeks in the top 100 Album Charts. I bought this bought originally from the 'old' Fan Club very many moons ago.

Now the frame is starting to show a lot of wear and tear, and I need some advice as to how to go about re-framing using the original pink card background of course. I'll need to allow for some thickness of the card and actual disc of course.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

thanks to anyone who replies with any information

love dottie
xxx

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/dottie-silverdisc.jpg

Gez
06 May 2004, 22:33
Hi Dottie....of Gracious Land :D ....can't help you there, but like your disc. I have a few things but the Silver Disc I have never seen before.

A true collector award to you 8O

Chris
06 May 2004, 22:36
I had a lot of bother trying to frame some discs.

Would reccommend you find a local frame maker, he would be able to advise!!

Failing that, chalk it down as damaged and irreparable and donate it to me!!!!

dottie
06 May 2004, 23:03
Hi Dottie....of Gracious Land :D ....can't help you there, but like your disc. I have a few things but the Silver Disc I have never seen before.

One of my most treasured pieces..... ~Gerry

I would love to know if anyone else has one from this era of the fan club, and if their still around - who knows

dottie
06 May 2004, 23:05
I had a lot of bother trying to frame some discs.

Would reccommend you find a local frame maker, he would be able to advise!!

Failing that, chalk it down as damaged and irreparable and donate it to me!!!!

Oh Chris you are so funny.......... :lol: £1,000,000 I just wonder how high the bidding would go on here for it :wink:

AndyK
06 May 2004, 23:47

I would love to know if anyone else has one from this era of the fan club, and if their still around - who knows

Yeah I've still got mine somewhere Dottie, also still got my Meat Loafs Crew sweatshirt somewhere as well - although it no longer fits me !! :( (Think it must have shrunk in the wash).

Rottsnwings
07 May 2004, 00:06
:D Hi Dottie is yours a single or an album we have one that is a single but it is on a book like frame on one side is a good pic of the man himself and the silver single on the other i also have a meatloaf crew sweatshirt and funny enough mine has shrunk in the wash as well :lol:
Gail

LostSoul
07 May 2004, 02:14
A Meat Loaf Crew sweatshirt?? are these for selling too? 8O

It's the 'Crew' thing that drew my attention...

Patricia

AndyK
07 May 2004, 09:24

Patricia

An older incarnation of the UK fan club sold these, I guess you might find one on ebay now and again, but I've never seen one for sale. I'd guess there weren't many around in total and it was nearly 20 years ago. I'll see if I can dig mine out and post a pic of it

dottie
07 May 2004, 09:31

Yeah I've still got mine somewhere Dottie, also still got my Meat Loafs Crew sweatshirt somewhere as well - although it no longer fits me !! :( (Think it must have shrunk in the wash).

I've still got my Meat Loaf Crew Sweatshirt too - and it still fits!!

dottie
07 May 2004, 09:34
:D Hi Dottie is yours a single or an album we have one that is a single but it is on a book like frame on one side is a good pic of the man himself and the silver single on the other i also have a meatloaf crew sweatshirt and funny enough mine has shrunk in the wash as well :lol:
Gail

Hi Gail if you peer at the picture above you will see its the 45rpm single of Bat out of Hell, but it was produced to commemorate the 10th Anniversary of the Album in the Top 100 Album Charts.
Glad to see that some of you are still hanging onto their golden oldie pieces even if they do not fit anymore :lol:

dottie
07 May 2004, 09:54

Patricia

An older incarnation of the UK fan club sold these, I guess you might find one on ebay now and again, but I've never seen one for sale. I'd guess there weren't many around in total and it was nearly 20 years ago. I'll see if I can dig mine out and post a pic of it

I have taken some photo's of mine, and hope to post them on here later ok folks :)

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/dottie-000_0308x.JPG

Gez
08 May 2004, 19:54
Right Dottie.....Your in bug Trouble if the next pic is a BRA and KNICKERS....with Meats crew on them :wink:

Diane
08 May 2004, 20:25
Ooooooooooooh Gerry, don't tempt her!!! :lmao:

Diane

AndyK
08 May 2004, 20:33
Right Dottie.....Your in bug Trouble if the next pic is a BRA and KNICKERS....with Meats crew on them :wink:

Well that'd be marginally more decent than a bra and knickers set with Meats crew IN them ;)

LostSoul
09 May 2004, 03:51
http://server6.uploadit.org/files/dottie-000_0308x.JPG
So, that's a 20-year-old sweatshirt? 8) Wow, and me thinking that having a 10-year-old one was something to be proud of! 8)

Patricia

dottie
09 May 2004, 12:25

Well Gerry thats an idea :lol:

dottie
09 May 2004, 12:26
Ooooooooooooh Gerry, don't tempt her!!! :lmao:

Diane

Sorry Diane - Gerry has already :lol: :oops:

Diane
09 May 2004, 12:44
8O :oops: :roll:

dottie
09 May 2004, 12:50
Um! yes Diane :lol:

Does anyone have silver disc as above picture shows, it would be interesting to see how you have mounted your disc :??:

Gez
09 May 2004, 14:19
Right Dottie, why use the term 'Mounted' above, when your bra and knickers already on discussion 8O .

I think you need a session on my couch (Theraphy that is girl)!! :wink:

dottie
09 May 2004, 15:35
Um Yes!! Gerry on both counts :oops: :lol: to get back to topic if there is anyone with words of advice regarding placing disc inside frame - and what type?

Gez
09 May 2004, 17:35
Something I said :oops: :D