PDA

View Full Version : 7. For Crying out Loud

Anonymous
19 Aug 2002, 19:05
The last song on the album For Crying Out Loud. Let's Go!!

This song is a terrible song. Meat's voice is very powerfull, but he overdid it. Steinman made the music, but it's very weird. Then it is slow, then it is fast, a little bit schizofrenic. A song about a jeans?

Maybe a womans voice would be better. She could reach the higher notes. Patty would do a great job.

I will give it a 4, for the trouble Steinman had by writting it.

Meatles
19 Aug 2002, 19:28
Like Hell!

Nobody could do as good of job on that song as ML!!!! :twisted:

Meat Loaf hits the high notes as good as any vocalist on earth.
The lyrics are also great, They, like all the other Steinman Childrens
required thinking!

"For pulling me away, when I am starting to fall"

"For Revving me up when I am starting to stall"

Meatles
19 Aug 2002, 19:30
I forgot to add, that this is the best love song vocally and lyrically and I give it a 10 out of 10!

Michel
19 Aug 2002, 19:40
It's one of the best songs on Bat I. I still don't get it why this song isn't on the very best of.

How is it possible that a Meat Loaf fan doesn't like this song?

This is a typical steinman song, a slow beginning and a powerfull chorus.
Just a prefect song for Meat. Nobody can sing a Steinman song like Meat can, especially For Crying Out Loud. And about the high notes. I have only one bootleg where he has trouble to get the high notes (probably of a could). But normaly can nobody get such a powerfull high note like meat. The best version is the one on Live Around The World

This song is a 9, maybe a 10, but I will never give a song a ten, because sometimes you will find a better version of meat singing that song.

Tim
19 Aug 2002, 21:26
One of the greatest and most powerfull songs that there is. A beautifull chorus, a great piece of art, maybe we can call it poetry.

I've only heard the song live once, and that made such big impressions. It is hard to discribe what i felt, but it is great.

I would give it a 10!!!

And to quote Michel:

How is it possible that a Meat Loaf fan doesn't like this song?

Well, we live in a free world, and somethimes people have a different opinion. It is sadly but true.

The Flying Mouse
19 Aug 2002, 22:05
:twisted: Harsh verdict from WHITE OF HIGH.
For Crying Out Loud is awesome.
I just love the orchestration on this track,it's a real spine tingler.
Personally I like the way that the tempo gets faster in the middle,only to slow down,then into a creshendo then really low for the final line.
The lyrics are fantastic,the verse begining "For taking in the rain when i'm feeling so dry"reads like a love letter.It lists every reason that the guy loves her,and in turn every way he appreciates her.
I wish I could write something like that for Carol (she wishes I could too ha,ha,ha).
10/10. Everything you need to know about love in 8 minutes 40 seconds.

Meatles
19 Aug 2002, 22:41
I like the live versions of FCOL, but not as much as the studio version.

-BOTTOM LINE 77 - Meat is great up until the end when he starts screaming. 7 out of 10

-CLEVELAND IN CONCERT 78 - Meat is really great but he still screams and it sounds bad. 8/10

-LIVE AROUND THE WORLD 94 - Meat does a great job, he just sometimes doesn't get the high notes a few times. 8/10

-BAT OUT OF HELL 77 - Great vocals, couldnt have been done better !
10 out of 10

White of High
23 Aug 2002, 23:43
This is the START OUT OF HELL & ARRIVE TO HEAVEN topic. Let's Go to Rock 'n' Roll!!!!!!!

HEY GIRL/BOY! IT'S MY TERRITORY! LET IT TO ME! THANKS! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

This song is the best song in soft music that I've heard before. Like an opera! It's wonderful and very-very powerfull. I find this song between Andrew Lloyd Webber and Carl Orff. The text is fantastic! You can feel the pain of solitude. Maybe somebody's sitting next to me, but the lonely is lonely. This song is the voice of the unrequited love...

There is a little mystery. I think it's a prayer, but I don't know that for God or a Girl. You can image for Girl, but for God will be more mystic...

My score: 11/10

Average: 10.00 (274.2/27) [07/08/05]

The Flying Mouse
24 Aug 2002, 02:02
:twisted: Hi WHITE OF HIGH.
I get the impression from your last post that you did not post this topic.
Did you post it,or have we got a copycat W.O.H.? :roll:

White of High
25 Aug 2002, 23:11
I think I have got a comic double... and she/he is insolent. Doesn't like For Crying Out Loud? It's original sin... :)

The Flying Mouse
26 Aug 2002, 00:35
:twisted: WOW that's weird.
But don't forget that immitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Jaymze
26 Aug 2002, 15:54
How can someone not like For Crying Out Loud? It has to be one of the best songs Meat has ever sang- and I'm with Michael, how was this not on The Very Best Of?

White of High
26 Aug 2002, 23:10
And how didn't he make video about it???? 8O

Meatles
27 Aug 2002, 01:09
The reason (I think) there was no video is because FCOL wasn't released as a single. Meat only did videos for songs that were singles.

All of the songs from THE VERY BEST OF were released as singles before
except "Heaven Can Wait", Heaven was probably put on it because it was the first song written for BOOH. However, Meat says FCOL is the best love song he ever did so if he had a part in making the compilation why didn't he put it on there??!!!

Jaymze
27 Aug 2002, 08:12
I think the Very Best Of worked from record sales as Meat's said his fav songs are FCOL, Frying Pan and Rockin Role Dreams, and only the latter was on The Very Best Of.

MeatBall
13 Feb 2003, 06:30
11/10

Itīs fantastic
One of my favorite songs of all time
Itīs also the first ML song my girlfriend heard and she got totaly hooked on ML thanks to that song.
So you might call it "our" song.

White of High
19 May 2003, 21:43
If I know well Jim Steinman has said he hated California. And in this song he was speaking about "chilly California wind". I know it's been written in California but I hate anything I don't write about that...

original sin
19 May 2003, 23:00
I think I have got a comic double... and she/he is insolent. Doesn't like For Crying Out Loud? It's original sin... :)

NOT me NOT GUILTY!!!!!! I hope that was either a joke White or not refering to me
FCOL is one of my all time favourites a classic that holds a special place and is IMO well past a 10 score

The Flying Mouse
20 May 2003, 09:58

NOT me NOT GUILTY!!!!!! I hope that was either a joke White or not refering to me
FCOL is one of my all time favourites a classic that holds a special place and is IMO well past a 10 score

Don't worry Sin.This was before you joined the forum.Check the date of White's post against your joined date :wink:

heat
20 May 2003, 10:08
I love this song - 10/10 :D

Heat
xxx

Ben
20 May 2003, 12:20

Sin, i thinks that WOH ment that its an original sin not to like the song, that that it was you that wrote it.

My score 10/10!! FANTASTIC!

ABH
20 May 2003, 14:13
Hi

I agree, the song is FANTASTIC!! At the moment it's my favorite song.

AnneBeth :D

Bren
20 May 2003, 21:30
One of the greatest and most powerfull songs that there is. A beautifull chorus, a great piece of art, maybe we can call it poetry.

couldn't agree more Tim!

"i was lost till you were found
but i never knew how far down
I was falling
Before i reached the bottom.."

pure poetry.FCOL.is my all time favourite song and i would give anything to hear it live.The emotion in this song is incredible.the first time i heard the song,i found the above lines so very beautiful i sat and painted a picture inspired by them!
I can never listen to the song just once i always play it twice.
With other music i can work whilst listening to it , with FCOL, i have to stop what i'm doing and really listen to it.....it' as if for the duration of the song i'm part of it ,i'm inside the song if that makes any sense to you.IT is so very beautiful.
reading others opinions on this,iagree with Michel, i like the Live Around The World version best.
And Flying Mouse, i too would love someone to writea song like that for me.

to me it is perfection so how do you rate that?

White of High
20 May 2003, 23:29
You are saying the best version is the Live Around The World version. Why? I think this can't do as same mood as original version does. The album version's with 2 symphonic orchestra. You can't take after it with some guitars, a piano and drums... I very very very miss this sound from the live versions...

badger
21 May 2003, 01:03
My favourite Meat song ever. i think it is just so powerful, and so very sad. Especially when I first heard that the female character had actually died, as opposed to just leaving.

Makes me cry :cry:

Bren
21 May 2003, 13:36
You are saying the best version is the Live Around The World version. Why? I think this can't do as same mood as original version does. The album version's with 2 symphonic orchestra. You can't take after it with some guitars, a piano and drums... I very very very miss this sound from the live versions...

I did not say it was the BEST i said it was my personal favourite.I love all versions of it because i love the song so much....i have never heard it sung live,perhaps that's why this version appeals to me.We all like different things.

10/10

Louise
21 May 2003, 15:09
This is one of my favourites of all Meat's songs. He sings it so passionately and with emotion, but then he does with most of them, eh? :D

White of High
21 May 2003, 21:46
I wanna encourage nobody but rate up this song cause everybody say this song is the best! There was an alterego of me who was giving 4. So this song wouldn't be number one! C'mon! Rate up cause I think this song deserves...

Michel
22 May 2003, 20:23
White, your alter ego was a joke, so you don't need to use the 4 for the average.

White of High
22 May 2003, 20:33
Michel!
I hope you are joking! I didn't rate it for 4! I gave 11!
R. said the person who was giving 4 here's in our round.
I don't know who was she/he...

Michel
23 May 2003, 19:35
I know who, because I can see IP's.

R. also said it was a somebody with many posts on this forum.

ChrisBelfast
23 May 2003, 20:47
10/10!

It has the best lyrics out of any song ive ever heard - meat loaf and non meat loaf. The lyrics really are something else,and with meats performance its one of my favourites. It and objects have the best lyrics in my opinion!

Testify
23 May 2003, 22:11
Song is fab :!: 10/10

White of High
24 May 2003, 22:19
Well, who was my alterego? I won't be angry - I promise! Who are you?

Michel
28 May 2003, 19:47
He told it a little bit in that topic when R. talked about him. Maybe he needs to tell it again in this topic.

I will tell him to reply here, White.

Tim
28 May 2003, 20:51
My god.... still guessing who your alter ego was White Of High??? I can tell you one thing:

It was me!!!!

Cee ya!!

the Butcher, Tim

White of High
29 May 2003, 00:50
Then why did you give 10 later?
And then must do I count with the first vote?

Asha
29 May 2003, 04:17
Mhh, well at first I didn't like this song. I didn't get it.....if you know what I mean.

But when I started listening to the lyrics, and understood them (More or less gave my own meaning to them I think) I got to love this song.

It's one of my favourites now.

I give it a 9.7/10

(No I'm not a great one for 10's)
Asha

Michel
01 Jun 2003, 11:28
Then why did you give 10 later?
And then must do I count with the first vote?

It was a joke, White. You gave some negative critics about some songs. That's why Tim did a post as your alter ego. So don't count that post in the average.

Rushour
23 Jun 2003, 00:44
Another great song of Meat and Steinman.
I give it a 12/10.
A real masterpiece. On the list of my favourite songs on the top with Heaven can wait and Objects in the rear...
Greetings Rushour

dottie
23 Jun 2003, 09:48
Played this yesterday - sent shivers down my spine and the hairs stood up on the back of my neck - Just love it - 10/10 I believe Meat is going to sing this on tour am I correct?

Sue K
23 Jun 2003, 11:02
1,000,000/10

what's to say???

tink..who saw Meat perform FCOL at the STORYTELLERS she attended...XO

Bren
23 Jun 2003, 13:35
1,000,000/10

what's to say???

tink..who saw Meat perform FCOL at the STORYTELLERS she attended...XO

i couldn't agree more to your rating Tink.
As to having,seen Meat perform FCOL...methinks Tink is very lucky....this little bat would give anything to here him sing FCOL live...sigh,so so very beautiful...

evil nickname
23 Jun 2003, 15:39
Me and a couple of friends (3, to be exact) were making a compilation mp3-cd, so each of us had 170 MB to fill with audio... and since my aim was to make a personal 'best of' selection, it's needless to say: this song was my selection of Meat (and the only selection for that matter)

In my very humble opion the best song Meat ever did, nothing to complain about, and the highest score I'm willing to give: 9.5/10

badger
03 Jul 2003, 00:28
This is my favourite song of all tie. I almost NEVER rate ANYTHING at a maximum, as a perfect song is very very difficult (and possibly impossible) to find.

However, in my opinion, and not just a technical but also emotional rating, I find I just have to give this possibly my only:

10/10

mariella
23 Jul 2003, 00:56
[quote="White of High"]

My score: 11/10

Same here!

11/10

Mariella

Quigmo
17 Sep 2003, 06:42
An absolute masterpeice!
11/10

RSG
16 Nov 2003, 08:07
Is there a better word than masterpiece? I don't know. But it most certainly isn't an 11. It's a 12 :D Always liked it, but I just love it now!

It is a very poetic piece, and written and sung so well, and no one could pull it off any better, than the one man Meat Loaf. Superb writing, and the music, very awesome!

ChrissybabezNI
21 Nov 2003, 00:20
I love this song too, especially at the end when the song gets louder, fantastic.

8/10

LostSoul
28 Dec 2003, 07:24
I've already posted it when I rated AFL...

Once I hear Meat singing "For Crying Out Loud" live (!) I can die peacefully...

It's the reason why I shall not come to Australia, right! :wink:
I'm too young to die! :))

I cannot rate it. This song is the ULTIMATE LOVE SONG.

Okay, just for the average: endless # /10

DIZZY DRUMMER
28 Dec 2003, 14:34
What can I say about this song .....

it's brill 12/10 :D

black dog
29 Dec 2003, 13:22
This is a fantastic love song. The words in the song are really different. It's one of my favourite songs but I like the love songs.

10/10

rockfenris2005
01 Jan 2004, 03:58
Can we not rate the songs from BAT OUT OF HELL? I really feel it's a sacrilege, because we all know that ALL of the songs get an immediate 10/10.

AndyK
02 Jan 2004, 00:12
Of course this song gets more than a 10/10, it's Jimmy at his best, it's Meats vocals at they're best, it's Roys piano at his best and Max's "animal" drum break in the middle is just awesome.

Certainly the best rock ballad ever, and certainly my all time favourite Jim song and Meat song! Bar none!!

Incidentally, did you know it's Jim's favourite as well apparently?

AndyK

Bart
02 Jan 2004, 13:21
The drum-break is from Wilcox and not from Max. :wink:

AndyK
02 Jan 2004, 13:39
So I see now... all these years and I've finally been wrong once... dammit :D

I still can't help but imagine the Mighty Max pounding the rums during this song though.

Bart
02 Jan 2004, 13:45
Yeah. I know.
Max is VERY great on Faster then the speed of nite though..... 8)

AndyK
02 Jan 2004, 13:58
Max is great on anything he plays IMO.

The sign of a class drummer is the way they can get the sounds out of a minimal kit, and Max with his single bass, two cymbals, one hi-hat snare and two tom-toms is up there amongst the best. And he's always so laid back, he barely seems to put any effort into his work yet the sounds are amazing.

RadioMaster
08 Jul 2006, 12:41
Cant say anything
10000000000000/10

mszee
08 Jul 2006, 16:30
Best love song ever written...EVER

Paul191
08 Jul 2006, 21:21
This IS my faveourite Meat song. Love it! Love it! Love it!

10/10

DavidLoaf
08 Jul 2006, 21:44
The best song ever. Ever

vrg
09 Jul 2006, 01:14
This is my top favorite as well. 10/10

Ross
13 Jul 2006, 14:21
Could this possibly be the greatest song ever written?

I remember the very first time i heard it i thought "ah a nice piano-led ballad to end the album." how wrong i was when i heard the second verse and chorus.

If Hell had a symphony orchestra, it would sound like this.

10/10

Mick Loaf
13 Jul 2006, 16:19
One of my favourites, just below BOOH in my opinion but
still 10/10.

PJ_Willow
23 Jul 2006, 18:14
What? what? and What!?
This is one of my fave meat songs ever! the lyrics are fantastic, meat's performance is faultless. Probably the only song he couldn't do now. This song is so under-rated. bettet than heaven can wait for me.

RadioMaster
23 Jul 2006, 19:19
Huh?
Underrated???
Where are you living?
I think 99% of the people on this forum say that this is his best song and one of the best songs ever.

gotham_child
24 Jul 2006, 20:59
i no im not the only one who would love this song played for eternity( am i steve steinman?- please say iv got it rite!!!) ! i love it to bits my absolute fave track! 100/10 if thats possible????

mszee
24 Jul 2006, 22:26
i no im not the only one who would love this song played for eternity( am i steve steinman?- please say iv got it rite!!!) ! i love it to bits my absolute fave track! 100/10 if thats possible????

Are you Steve Steinman???

Jackoutofhell
24 Jul 2006, 22:29
Terrific song and my favorite ballad ever. The MSO version is great too, so I guess they're about equal in my eyes.

100000/10 (both versions)

PJ_Willow
14 Aug 2006, 16:39
MSO version?

AndyK
14 Aug 2006, 16:43
MSO version?

The version of For Crying Out Loud (FCOL) on the CD/DVD Bat Out Of Hell (BooH) Live with the Melbourne SYmphony Orchestra (MSO).

Welcome to the forum PJ and welcome also to acronym hell :twisted:

RadioMaster
14 Aug 2006, 17:02
We really should start an acronym explaining thread for all the newbies here...

AndyK
14 Aug 2006, 17:04
Ohhh is that a volunteer I see? :sherlock:

Go ahead, you post it, I'll sticky it as an announcement :))

RadioMaster
14 Aug 2006, 17:05
If you want so Mr. King?
Your wish is my command...

AndyK
14 Aug 2006, 17:08

You do realise you've just posted that in front of witnesses don't you?

Now for starters the car needs cleaning and the ashtray emtying and the garden needs weeding ...

RadioMaster
14 Aug 2006, 17:10
Done8)
I mean everything...:))

mszee
15 Aug 2006, 01:29
If you want so Mr. King?

RJ...I found EXACT moment when Andy got you...hmmm...

White of High
04 Jan 2007, 12:02
Average: (more than) 10.00 (344.2/34)

duke knooby
05 Jan 2007, 02:12
well, its one of his best, with out a doubt.
i give it a 9.62

mszee
05 Jan 2007, 02:26
i give it a 9.62

How did you come up with 9.62? No offence...

MeatGrl1
05 Jan 2007, 02:32
10/10

Caelan
05 Jan 2007, 09:08
10/10..:cool:

White of High
05 Jan 2007, 10:00
i give it a 9.62

Can I count with 9.6? ;)

Evil One
21 Jan 2007, 14:00
The best song Meat's ever recorded. The best song Steinman's ever written. 10

samurai7
22 Jan 2007, 04:48
Un-fecking-believably good. Listen to the remastered gold-plated edition through a decent pair of headphones and prepare to be blown away. 10