PDA

View Full Version : What does everyone use to play Meat?

saddam
25 Apr 2004, 22:48
Exactly what the question said! :) I use the following:

NAD C541i CD player
Arcam A65+ Amplifier
Wharfedale Pacific 10 speakers

Emily
25 Apr 2004, 22:49
a cd player - its really crap though....... :roll:

Heli
25 Apr 2004, 22:54
Exactly what the question said! :) I use the following:

NAD C541i CD player
Arcam A65+ Amplifier
Wharfedale Pacific 10 speakers

You just have to rub it in don't you!! :P

I am the same as emily! a crap cd player! :P

saddam
25 Apr 2004, 23:08
You just have to rub it in don't you!! :P

I am the same as emily! a crap cd player! :P

:D Not trying to rub it in, but funilly enough it was hearing a Meat CD on a 'proper' system that finally encouraged me to go for it. The detail and emotion in meats voice is sublime.

RSG
26 Apr 2004, 01:53
My Stereo, it can hold 3CDs, and has awesome sound. at least I think :D. My friend's brothers stereo, when he plays BAT, the floor shakes! Not only that, the piano, goes right through your body, and the vocals, go thru left ear, and in and out and around and through the right ear. The drums shake my knees, the bike, woah that bike sounds so cool! Man i wish I had a stereo like that!

Tim
26 Apr 2004, 13:38
I've got a CD player in nearly every room but my MAN's got a Marshall PA (for his gigs)- OMG do the foundations shake - just like yours RSG - wow!

RoknRollJesus
26 Apr 2004, 16:30
Other than the constant Meat soundtrack that plays in my head....

I have a Pioneer 6-CD changer (model PM1603 I think) with an I-Have-No Idea-Watt Pioneer receiver and several Jensen bass reflex speakers wired throughout the house (and deck).....I don't think the neighbors mind... :lol:

jo

sherrie87
26 Apr 2004, 16:37
Jo, I wanna hang at your house- that sounds like a killer system! :lol: I used to have a tremendous Pioneer surround sound system, but it's 1986 vintage has gotten the best of it and it doesn't make a sound anymore! Now I play Meat on my cheap crappy CD player in the kitchen, on my CD Drive in my computer in the dining room and rest of the house (also rather crappy- I have to drop the speakers from a few inches off the ground to make them "kick in") However, my computer CD player does sound very good on headphones. Lastly, I play Meat on my factory installed CD player in my Saturn VUE, very loud- I can make the glass over the rear lift door shake something fierce! :P Someday I willl again have a great sound system so Meat can sound as he deserves to!

Sherrie

Gez
26 Apr 2004, 17:51
Reel-to-Reel tape connected to Gramaphone player 8O

saddam
26 Apr 2004, 17:55
Reel-to-Reel tape

Believe it or not many bands still use reel-to-reel to record their albums! The White Stripes are the ones that spring to mind.

Gez
26 Apr 2004, 17:55
Then I'm in good company then :wink:

jcmoorehead
26 Apr 2004, 19:44
Windows Media Player

RoknRollJesus
26 Apr 2004, 20:17
Jo, I wanna hang at your house
Sure thing! Just call first to make sure I'm home and that I have plenty of 'beverages' stocked! :up:

jo

Fallen Angel
26 Apr 2004, 20:52
CD player

KebLou
26 Apr 2004, 21:01
For me it depends where I am and what I am doing: ie, if I am in bed I will use my personal CD player, if I am by my puter I will use my puter with its killer speakers :twisted: everyone in the house can hear me with it, if I am out on my bike I will play it on my old mini disc player, and if I am in the car I will play it on my dads cars system.

Chris
26 Apr 2004, 21:05
Either through the computer or in my Smart car. Got a standard sound system int he car and, when playing bat, i cna put a fifty pence piece ont he roof where it will then flip and bounce!!!!

saddam
26 Apr 2004, 21:08
Either through the computer or in my Smart car. Got a standard sound system int he car and, when playing bat, i cna put a fifty pence piece ont he roof where it will then flip and bounce!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rottsnwings
26 Apr 2004, 23:48
:D :D If i am home its on a cd player in the car it's tapes but my favourite way to listen to meat is when we are out on our motorbike it has a really good system and it's always on very load.
Great on the motorway as well when you fancy a bit of speed you can pick the right song and just go. (not that we go fast or anything :lol: :lol: )
Gail

Rottsnwings
26 Apr 2004, 23:49
:D :D If i am home its on a cd player in the car it's tapes but my favourite way to listen to meat is when we are out on our motorbike it has a really good system and it's always on very loud.
Great on the motorway as well when you fancy a bit of speed you can pick the right song and just go. (not that we go fast or anything :lol: :lol: )
Gail

Lizziebaby
26 Apr 2004, 23:52
:D :D If i am home its on a cd player in the car it's tapes but my favourite way to listen to meat is when we are out on our motorbike it has a really good system and it's always on very load.
Gail

What system do you have for the bike? I unfortunatley have to listen to myself singing inside my helmet riding pillion on my hubbies bike....definately not good!!

Liz

Rottsnwings
26 Apr 2004, 23:58
:oops: sorry about the double post.
Its a honda stereo that is built in to the bike so it works through speakers on the bike or we can have it through the intercoms.

Lizziebaby
27 Apr 2004, 00:26
:oops: sorry about the double post.
Its a honda stereo that is built in to the bike so it works through speakers on the bike or we can have it through the intercoms.

Oh, ok. Andy has a Yamaha Wildstar - nothing inbuilt, sa for intercoms, anything we have looked at so far it would seem would be drowned out by engine/wind noise at 'high'speed...any suggestions?

Rottsnwings
27 Apr 2004, 12:57
:) Hi our interom is like the stereo and it goes through the bike it's a honda goldwing so it has it all built in the only other intercoms i can think of are ones that a company called Oxford make they do allsorts of bike stuff and these are supposed to be good have you got any bike dealerships near you (sorry not sure where you are) they should be able to sort you out with a good set.
Gail

Lizziebaby
27 Apr 2004, 17:43
Thanks for the info Gail - Ive had a word with my hubbie, who says that he knows of some good ones around, but finances won't stretch to them at the moment - guess I'm stuck with the sound of my own voice for the time being!! :wink:

Liz

Gez
27 Apr 2004, 18:54

....is that the car that flips and bounces :mrgreen:

Chris
27 Apr 2004, 20:17

....is that the car that flips and bounces :mrgreen:

I won't even treat that with the contempt it deserves.

The best meat sound I have heard was at Smart-Fest 2003 in Billing, Northamptonshire.

A lot of peeps buy smarts as second cars and do a lot to the sound system. We foudn the best souped up system and put the Live Around The World CD on it. It was like being at a concert - only louder!!!

If i can find the video clip that was done of it, i will play it on here!!!

Gez
27 Apr 2004, 20:32
:wink: Hello Chris :wink:

LostSoul
27 Apr 2004, 23:58

LostSoul
27 Apr 2004, 23:58
A mini *no advertising* cd player but maxi sound according to my neighbours! :twisted:

Patricia

KebLou
28 Apr 2004, 00:11
I've just realised I listen on my phone too, its brill when someone rings you and Meat starts singing I don't answer my phone just so I can hear it, yes I'm mad.

saddam
28 Apr 2004, 00:58
I've just realised I listen on my phone too, its brill when someone rings you and Meat starts singing I don't answer my phone just so I can hear it, yes I'm mad.

I have Meat on my phone too! I get some funny looks when its all quiet and CHSIB chorus blasts out! :D

KebLou
28 Apr 2004, 08:56
I have Meat on my phone too! I get some funny looks when its all quiet and CHSIB chorus blasts out! :D

I have quite a lot of Meat on my phone, I have 128 mg with of meat on phone not including the live one from his concert.

Gez
28 Apr 2004, 10:01
Has anyone heard the BOOH phone tune.....sccccrrreeaaaaccchhhh........it's terrible :roll: