PDA

View Full Version : Meat Loaf - Live! Video

PanicLord
11 Apr 2004, 20:11
Just thought I'd post a message and make you all SO jealous :)

Well, maybe not...

Anyway, my Gran works in a charity shop, and has been trying to get us to go along to it for ages to have a look round. This Saturday we did just that, and they were just putting out some videos that someone had donated. I had a quick look through, and to my delight, I found the video of Meat Loaf Live, his 1985/6? ish gig in Wembley!!! :) :) :) 8)

It is absolutely fantastic, and a bargain at £2.50! PLUS, it has I'm Gonna Love Her For Both Of Us on it, which is my favourite song ever, and it ROCKS!!! :twisted: :lol: 8)

Renegade Angel
11 Apr 2004, 21:07
Yes, very lucky indeed as this is quite hard to find, although it does pop up on ebay quite often.
The gig is from 1982 recorded at Wembley arena - it's a great show although I feel it is very heavily edited as I have got some bootlegs from this era with loads more songs that should have been on and would have been great on the video - songs missing that Meat played on this tour are:

Read Em and Weep
Paradise By The Dashboard Light
Come In The Night (Let the revels begin)
Love Death and an american guitar (wasted youth)
... and a great version of 'Gimmie Shelter'

There is a video out there that was recorded in Dortmund that has a few of these tracks, but had they have been on the wembley video it would have made it even better.