PDA

View Full Version : Warning / Banned?

hawkmoonnl
24 Feb 2004, 20:45
On february 2nd ‘R’ wrote in addition to the existing rules:

- No threatening, abusive or harassing comments.

- Do not engage in "flame-wars" or excessive exchange of confrontational postings. Debate is important, but users should not try to "pick a fight."

- While we encourage lively debate, we will not tolerate personal attacks.

-Any person attacking another forum member, will receive a warning and may have their message edited or removed. Any future incident thereafter, will result in that member being removed from the forum at least for one week.

Users who continue to violate the rules of posting messages in the message boards will be entered into a database of Banned Users.

On february 21st ‘Fire Ball’ wrote:

If you do it better than me then why aren't you???????? Come on sucker I;m caling you out!!! yea right!! In your dreams you can! What a BS artist
You freak. Liar, and wannabe!!! bite it trukey. That enough Insults!! to the Fool. I have one bad night according to you and I'm should be shot!! You every have a bad day , oh know your prefect we all fogot!!

Love LOve Love You
Meat

I have talked to GOD!!!!!!!

It seems to me that some rules were broken. Question: should Fire Ball receive a warning or maybe should Fire Ball be banned for example a week? I’m aware that it’s not up to me or you but to the admin and his staff but it’s bothering me as this involves Meat. At least one person got banned for a week a couple of weeks ago for abusive comments. Wonder what’s gonna happen! What are your thoughts about this subject?

Emily
24 Feb 2004, 20:50
interesting.......
i always harass GERRY! lol, but in a funny way...of course....no harm intended!

luv and paper lanterns
Emily

ROSIE
24 Feb 2004, 20:56
I must have missed all this :oops: Who did Meat abuse?

R 8) sie

R.
24 Feb 2004, 21:00
I’m aware that it’s not up to me or you but to the admin and his staff but it’s bothering me as this involves Meat.
I think you have answered your question already.

And:
Forum rules and guidelines are not up for debate.

Gez
24 Feb 2004, 21:05
interesting.......
i always harass GERRY! lol, but in a funny way...of course....no harm intended!

luv and paper lanterns
Emily

..here's me thinking your serious too :D

ROSIE
24 Feb 2004, 21:07
I must be invisible again :roll:

R :roll: sie

AndyK
24 Feb 2004, 21:11
Who said that? :D

ROSIE
24 Feb 2004, 21:15
Dunno I think your'e hearing voices 8) 8) again 8) 8)

R 8) sie

Gez
24 Feb 2004, 21:17
ANYONE SEEN ROSIE 8O

ROSIE
24 Feb 2004, 21:18
WHO?

needmoremeat
24 Feb 2004, 22:08
What?! What's happened to cause all this??? 8O I've missed out too!! :(

ROSIE
24 Feb 2004, 22:10
Don't ask me I'm invisible 8) 8)

R 8) sie

Bigmomma
24 Feb 2004, 22:53
ah but think of the fun you will have and no one will know it is you !!!

shadow1000001
24 Feb 2004, 23:17
ah but think of the fun you will have and no one will know it is you !!!]

That's a very good point :wink:

CarylB
24 Feb 2004, 23:41
Can't see why there would be a need to ban someone that some people have done a great number on to drive him away ... :(

Caz
25 Feb 2004, 00:50
I must have missed that post as well :roll:

Winston
25 Feb 2004, 00:50
I’m aware that it’s not up to me or you but to the admin and his staff but it’s bothering me as this involves Meat.
I think you have answered your question already.

And:
Forum rules and guidelines are not up for debate.

So what are you saying here R, it's one rule for all the members, and no rule for Meat? He can go around shouting the odds at people, but when we do it, we get banned.

rachelba
25 Feb 2004, 09:47
When I first saw the Fireball post last year I was shocked at the ferocity of the words. Some one had really p****d him off. However, Meat is the reason we are here and we are very, very, lucky that he posts here at all. There aren't many artists who post on fan sites. If Meat want's to let off steam occasionally I for one don't mind.

ROSIE
25 Feb 2004, 10:11
hello :lol: fun what fun :lol: :lol:
R :lol: sie

Deb
25 Feb 2004, 13:40
I truly hope that people are not purposely pointing Meat in the direction of
the negative posts, (or negative how they seem them) Things would die down and all this nastiness would go away. We all have opinions good and bad in life. I dont think for one min every word said about me is all good. But I dont know about them all, If I kept being led to every bad word about me, I'd be going around like a raving looney trying to defend myself as well.

Its becoming a viscious circle.. someones not happy and says something, so then someone else gets offended by it, then someone else gets offended by that.... Please can we stop this merry go round :(

christa
25 Feb 2004, 13:48
Well said Deb. I think most people feel the same but daren't say it in case it causes even more abuse and negative posts.

ROSIE
25 Feb 2004, 14:30
Debs, I think you have hit the nail? on the haed :lol: :lol: well said as usual :lol: :lol:
R :lol: sie

evil nickname
25 Feb 2004, 21:51
There aren't many artists who post on fan sites. If Meat want's to let off steam occasionally I for one don't mind.

I can't think of any other artist* who comes on his (group's) message board and dares to treat his/her fans the way Meat does. Personally, I'm appalled by his behaviour, and he certanly did not gain any respect with his latest posts. Quite to the contary, actually.
In the end, this forum is not "his", but "rather a private forum", where he seems to be a member, just like you, me and everyone else (moderators/admins excluded).
Personally, I like the first ammendment in the Dutch constitution that says "in equal cases, people are treated equal" very much. If you think that it's okay for one member to blow of steam (and thereby maybe insult people), and that the rest should watch their mouths - well, that's your opinion, but it sure as hell ain't mine.

That being said, have a great day :)

* Well, I actually can think of another one, but that guy seems to have checked out of his head lately.

original sin
26 Feb 2004, 00:13
Now here’s a novel thought – maybe just maybe Meat has the intelligence to find the review topics all by himself and maybe just maybe this artist who I thought this community was built around feels that he has given his all, and could possibly just possibly take the “less than favourable reviews” If they weren’t couple with such descriptive language and assumptions or inferences as to what he has done, what he should know, what he may not do or what he may not know. Following on from that is it so unbelievable that knowing what has been said that he should not want to revisit to see if there had been any further developments? I know I would have.
At this moment in time, I personally have no intention whatsoever to repeat my own feelings on this subject.
We had imho a very privileged status; we had the artist we have combined for, coming here and posting his views on his own songs, providing information on upcoming concerts and publicity events. This wasn’t enough for some, this seemed to me to make the forum’s and open target for every little whine and whinge about what “x” didn’t like or what “z” thought was wrong etc etc etc (yawn).
I despite what others may think or believe have never said don’t post your views, I have always simply asked for consideration to the feelings of others.
The last bout of expressions of opinions for me did not do this, they antagonised Meat and they also hurt many other forum members, yet any objections raised were dismissed as challenges to freedom of expression.
We have a site developed and I thought dedicated to an artist, where once he would come and vote/rate his own songs which has become (again imo) a place where anyone can undermine the artist with their descriptive opinions and the artist himself along with fan’s who disagree are held in contempt.
I cannot believe that we have a thread asking if the artist the fanclub is dedicated to can be banned or given a warning. I feel a wonderful opportunity has been lost, squandered.

And quite frankly this comment has totally stunned me!

In the end, this forum is not "his", but "rather a private forum", where he seems to be a member, just like you, me and everyone else (moderators/admins excluded).

Di
26 Feb 2004, 00:34

I actually agree with it myself. This is a fan forum run by fans, and Meat signed up for it just as did any other individual who posts here. That it is dedicated to him and discussions about him means that he should be shown every courtesy and consideration absolutely.... and anything disrespectful and inflamatory directed at him would be as unwanted as towards any other member of the forum here.

Just my own thoughts....

Di

original sin
26 Feb 2004, 00:45

I actually agree with it myself. This is a fan forum run by fans, and Meat signed up for it just as did any other individual who posts here. That it is dedicated to him and discussions about him means that he should be shown every courtesy and consideration absolutely.... and anything disrespectful and inflamatory directed at him would be as unwanted as towards any other member of the forum here.

Just my own thoughts....

Di

It is not a private forum, whislt you have to sign up to post - it is placed openly on the world wide web and can be viewed by anyone.
Apart from that Di I totally agree with the rest of your post and imo if he had been shown every courtesy and consideration absolutely and if anything disrespectful and inflamatory towards him had been treated as unwanted instead of the old hoary chestnut of freedom of speech/expression being used to suit - I don'tthink we'd be having this discussion now.

Di
26 Feb 2004, 00:46
This is an addition to my post re: the announcement I just read from R. on the Liar thread and what is acceptable for posting here at the forums. So if in any way this last post of mine broke any of the rules established I apologize.

Di

original sin
26 Feb 2004, 00:52
This is an addition to my post re: the announcement I just read from R. on the Liar thread and what is acceptable for posting here at the forums. So if in any way this last post of mine broke any of the rules established I apologize.

Di

Likewise Di - didn't even know it was there - but this thread had been left open so I think we're ok

Pudding
26 Feb 2004, 03:16
Irrespective if Meat posts on here or not he posts under a pseudonym 'Fire Ball' and not his real name and therefor he should have to abide by the rules that govern this forum the same as everyone else.

It seems that Fire Ball is a guilty of causing as much if not more trouble than any other individual, by coming here and shouting the odds in the manner that he does. Then having the Meat Police defend him.

I think it's double standards like this that gets the board going haywire and people agitated.

Clear definitive rules for ALL is what's needed.

Sheriff Spud

ChrissybabezNI
26 Feb 2004, 18:20
We can hardly ban the person that this site is dedicated to, that is just crazy! :? :?

Pudding
27 Feb 2004, 00:42
What's crazy is people who cheer Meat when he makes a heated statement but jeer anyone else who makes one, that's just plain hypocritical.

Although I agree that the people who made certain statements should have thought about what they wrote first and to be honest would have been better off not posting them at all, I can't accept Meat Loaf making a similar statement and getting applauded for it.

I'll always salute people who makes a stand for what is right. I'll never accept that some people feel they need to kiss arse just to get along. Unfortunately the latter is rife on this board and I don't have to go too far to point some out.

Sheriff Spud

PanicLord
27 Feb 2004, 01:02
I think that one rule suffices:

"All opinions are valid, but don't be rude".

evil nickname
27 Feb 2004, 12:14
I think that one rule suffices:

"All opinions are valid, but don't be rude".

And I think that too, but the real question that was posed in this topic, was wether or not that rule should apply to Meat too. Because I think that his latest outburts were way beyond what I'd call rude.

Ageing Bat
27 Feb 2004, 12:46
Do unto others, as they should do unto you

Heli
27 Feb 2004, 18:08
Will everyone just shut up!!!! For heavens sake!! this is just getting stupid now!!!! And I mean this to both sides of the story!!!! Just look at yourselves!!! I'm 14 years old and I think this is all immature!!!

:roll:

PanicLord
27 Feb 2004, 18:50
You're right Evil Nickname - I think the rule should apply to everyone on the board. Everyone.

Gez
27 Feb 2004, 19:51
Will everyone just shut up!!!! For heavens sake!! this is just getting stupid now!!!! And I mean this to both sides of the story!!!! Just look at yourselves!!! I'm 14 years old and I think this is all immature!!!

Thats it....I'm telling my Mommy :cry: :cry:

AndyK
27 Feb 2004, 20:09
Actually, Heli speaks a lot of sense here! It's anopther roundabout that neither "side" of the conversation will ever agree on....... isn't it time we dropped it? The bars open and it's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Piercy
27 Feb 2004, 21:30
Is there a banned?
Miike

Pudding
27 Feb 2004, 23:21

What's immature is peoples unwillingness to openly discuss something because it might upset someone i.e. Meat Loaf. Surely the sooner things get discussed then the sooner they can get sorted out and the sooner things can get back to normal, if they ever was in the first place.

Sheriff Spud