PDA

View Full Version : NO AUSTRALASIA MEET and GREETS

Mike Piercy
12 Feb 2004, 21:58
Sorry to all antipodians but 10th street have just confirmed to me that there are no meet and greets on the Australian tour.

We believe this is due to DVD filming and the extra work involved.

Mike

AndyK
12 Feb 2004, 22:08
Sorry, can't move this myself as I'm not a moderator on this bit of the board, but shouldn't it really go in General Messages where more will see it?

The Flying Mouse
12 Feb 2004, 22:53
:twisted: So who moved it to Loaf Camera Action :nuts:
Ah well, it's home now 8) .

CarylB
13 Feb 2004, 00:49
They have been running a competition on TV in Tasmania to meet Meat backstage .. so presumably at least the promoter is arranging something there ..

aussielovesmeat
13 Feb 2004, 15:31
Thanks for passing on the news Mike.

I have to admit to being very disappointed :cry:
It's just that this was the last chance for some aussie fans to meat Meat and the band, and now it has gone.....
He has said this is the last world tour, I guess he will probably tour US and maybe England and parts of Europe again, but he won't be back here....

The most important thing is that Meat doesn't get sick again, so I can fully understand the decision.

Kaye

Beer-man
17 Feb 2004, 00:15
That is sad. I really wanted to meet meat. But I guess it is good that he is finally taking it a little easier.

I turn 30 the day before the Brisbane concert on the 28/2 and had a dream that somehow I got to have a XXXX with the great man. But I guess that it wont happen. I will just have to be happy with my front row seats :D

mariella
17 Feb 2004, 00:44
That is sad. I really wanted to meet meat. But I guess it is good that he is finally taking it a little easier.

I turn 30 the day before the Brisbane concert on the 28/2 and had a dream that somehow I got to have a XXXX with the great man. But I guess that it wont happen. I will just have to be happy with my front row seats :D
Beer-man, ofcourse I would like your dream to come true also...but A Meat Loaf-concert and Front row seats...looks like you ARE already 'blessed' to me!...enjoy! and tell us all about it, please!

Great day to you,

Mariella

CarylB
17 Feb 2004, 04:46
And sometimes wonderful things happen .. the winner of the TV competition in Tasmania entered because she wanted her sister Jessica, a special child who loves Meat with all her innocent heart, to meet her hero .. and now she will :) :) :)

Vickip
17 Feb 2004, 04:49
And sometimes wonderful things happen .. the winner of the TV competition in Tasmania entered because she wanted her sister Jessica, a special child who loves Meat with all her innocent heart, to meet her hero .. and now she will :) :) :)

That's wonderful :))
Thanks for the news Caryl !!

Vicki

SueW
17 Feb 2004, 05:03
Sorry to all antipodians but 10th street have just confirmed to me that there are no meet and greets on the Australian tour.

We believe this is due to DVD filming and the extra work involved.

Mike

I'm a bit confused on two points here:

1) I understood that only the Melbourne concerts (and possibly Sydney too) were being filmed for a DVD. Now this makes it sound as though all the concerts are being filmed, plus Vee has on her site a similar thing ("the concerts are going to be filmed to make DVDs... the DVDs will
be coming out soon after the end of the tour) so is more than one DVD going to be released?

2) What extra work is involved? I thought it was just a case of the concert being filmed.

SueW

Deb
17 Feb 2004, 10:00
Maybe they record more than one incase the planned ones dont go to well. I know with some live bon Jovi ones, that not all the footage is from the said date :wink:

Deb

Mike Piercy
17 Feb 2004, 11:11
We are guessing but a lot of live DVD's are made up of different shows. For instance the 4 DVD set the Rolling Stones put out of the 40 Licks Tour had a Twickenham DVD which appears to contain footage of Amsterdam Arena!

I'm sure they'll be filming behind the scenes extras and interviews for the bonus elements, this is usual now.

Also when Kiss did a similar show with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra they put out a 2 DVD set one of which had the extras and just the orchestral part while the other disc had the whole 3 part show. They were filmed arriving at the airport, rehearsing, on TV interviews etc. so that may have set the formula.

Mike