PDA

View Full Version : free meat cd

Kev
05 Feb 2004, 19:31
well, almost... the star this saturday ;)

goodhip
05 Feb 2004, 19:33
what do u mean

heat
05 Feb 2004, 19:35
I'll have that!!!!! :D

goodhip
05 Feb 2004, 19:37
what cd is this

heat
05 Feb 2004, 19:43
what cd is this

Aint got a clue, but if it's free in this saturday's Star, then im in it!!! :D

goodhip
05 Feb 2004, 20:12
i understand its free its in the star and its out saturday but can anyone give anymore details please

[RDH]draconia
05 Feb 2004, 20:34
oh thats good as im working friday night i might just have to nab me one :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Loafy Meats
05 Feb 2004, 20:37
I saw the advert just now - it's going to be a rock n roll type compilation - it just said Meat Loaf so I don't know what song will be on it. they're usually not bad to get. especially as they are pretty much free anyways

SW31
06 Feb 2004, 15:10
FREE CD IN SATURDAYS STAR HAS MEAT SINGING BAT OUT OF HELL

Stephen
06 Feb 2004, 15:50
I wouldn't get your hopes up in all honesty... The free CDs that have Meat Loaf's Bat Out Of Hell on them (in my experience) only have the 3 minute (or so) version on.

You're best off buying Bat Out Of Hell - A mighty mighty album with the added value of having the full 10 minute track on :D

Stephen.

Fallen Angel
06 Feb 2004, 19:57
Stephens right folks... but its worth it as there may be a couple others that people like on the cd.

RSG
06 Feb 2004, 19:59
what's star :oops: :roll:

Fallen Angel
06 Feb 2004, 20:01
Uk weekend news paper.

Rob The Badger
06 Feb 2004, 20:36
*Click*
*BANG*
*clump*

Fallen Angel
06 Feb 2004, 20:57
huh?? :?

saddam
06 Feb 2004, 21:45
Uk weekend news paper.

In the loosest sense of the term! :lol:

tbuck
06 Feb 2004, 23:07
Do these papers do this often? When we were over there the hotel gave free copies of the Daily Express. Headline Sat., Jan. 24 said FREE 70S CD INSIDE FOR EVERY READER. Among the songs listed was Took the Words. Our paper had no CD, prolly because it was free I suppose. Wonder if anyone got that CD? There was to be an 80s CD in the next weeks paper.

While I found the paper rather bizarrre, in the week we were there that was the second mention of Meat Loaf I saw in it. :o :D

T

AndyK
06 Feb 2004, 23:12
Do these papers do this often? When we were over there the hotel gave free copies of the Daily Express. Headline Sat., Jan. 24 said FREE 70S CD INSIDE FOR EVERY READER. Among the songs listed was Took the Words. Our paper had no CD, prolly because it was free I suppose. Wonder if anyone got that CD? There was to be an 80s CD in the next weeks paper.

While I found the paper rather bizarrre, in the week we were there that was the second mention of Meat Loaf I saw in it. :o :D

T

Yeah it's a common ploy b ythe tabloids at the weekend to boost their sales.

Must say the Daily Express has gone up in my opinion for mentioing Meat though!

Chris
06 Feb 2004, 23:21
It is a very common way for newspapers in the UK to boost sales. Normally occurs at the first or last weekend in the month and in "slow" months as a trick to disguise the circulation figures and therefore boost advertising revenues.

The only person who loses out is the newsagent who is expected to spend over an hour at 6am on a saturday morning putting the CD's in the newspaper (typically gets 1p per CD inserted and sold!) and is also expected to handle the complaints from people who cannot play the CD's etc.

Apractice which is total and utter waste of time adn effort and should be discontinued immediatly.

Having said that, I have just been reading the track listing for the Daily Star one tomorrow and it is quite a good listing so it will probs be worth getting.

And yes, it is the short version of Bat

[RDH]draconia
07 Feb 2004, 08:53
i agree with you chris :twisted: :twisted:
plus also to the poor sucker that has to put in the supplements in at the weekend :evil: :evil: :evil:

i hate the weekend papers they are heavy and woo betide if there isnt a supplyment in the paper oh man you get your head tude off with a load of abuse thrown in all for the sake of a free TV guide

dottie
07 Feb 2004, 10:31
The Star have placed Bat out of Hell at No. 14 under their Rock Anthems List. :D

rachelba
07 Feb 2004, 13:49
:evil: :evil: 14th - hae they no taste !!!! :evil: :evil:

ChrissybabezNI
07 Feb 2004, 14:10
Yep BOOH was No 14, We will rock you was No1 and Bohemian Rhapsody was No2, cant remember the rest of them. Thought that was a bit strange as Bohemian Rhapsody usually comes out tops in any music poll :?

Jayd
07 Feb 2004, 19:53
The Daily Express also has BOOH at No 14, the poll was carried out by UCI Cinemas, to coincide with the release of the film School Of Rock. These songs were voted by the public, so I don't think 14 is pretty bad.

Gez
07 Feb 2004, 20:01
Not bad indeed!!!.....considering the album waz out in '77 8O

Rob The Badger
07 Feb 2004, 21:01
Lists are pathetic, and so are the general public. . .Queen. . .no. I don't even think Meat deserves a place in that particular poll.

Chris
07 Feb 2004, 21:07
The Daily Express also has BOOH at No 14,

They are the same poll!!

The Daily Star and Express are both owned by the same company and as part of a cost cutting drive, much of the material ius duplicated between the papers. For a good example, compare the TV review page. Usually it is identical!!

Does anyone have a full listing of what else came out in the poll??

ChrissybabezNI
07 Feb 2004, 22:04
Yep I agree number fourteen is a very good position to be in considering when the song came out :D

I don't even think Meat deserves a place in that particular poll.

Well to get to number fourteen hundreds of people must have voted and hundreds (maybe even thousands) of people cant be wrong :)

Rob The Badger
07 Feb 2004, 22:39
I don't even think Meat deserves a place in that particular poll.

Well to get to number fourteen hundreds of people must have voted and hundreds (maybe even thousands) of people cant be wrong :)

The general music buying public, are, in my experience, ignorant. Sorry, but the people who vote in these thing are the type of people who buy Dido albums.
I still think it doesn't deserve to be there.

[RDH]draconia
08 Feb 2004, 08:18
meat was also in sats mirror CD

10 greatest male artist :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: