PDA

View Full Version : Best Non Steinman Song

Michel
06 Jul 2002, 22:01
I've seen a lot of topics with best Meat Loaf songs. And tose songs are always written by Jim. I agree, because I think the songs Jim wrote are the best.

So my Question is: Which non-Steinman Song(s) do you like the most?

I choose for Modern Girl, Rubbers Meet The Road and I'd Lie For You

Premacy
06 Jul 2002, 22:21
The non-Steinman Song that made the biggest impression on me was i'd lie for you. That's the best song I'd ever heard that wasn't written by Steinman.

I don't really prefer (tough it's a really good song) modern girl above I'd lie for you.

Best non-Steinman song sofar stays till further notice I'd lie for you, but maybe it chances after testify is released.

White of High
06 Jul 2002, 23:11
My favourite Non-Steinman song is A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste. Ok, I know the text is by Jim, but in this song the music is the best.

The best in every-part-non-steinman is Standing On The Outside after Razor's Edge, Not A Dry Eye In The House and Execution Day.

I hate (sorry, just don't like) I'd Lie For You, cause it seems to me like a copy of I'd Do Anything For Love. It's not typical Diane Warren style... and song.

White of High
06 Jul 2002, 23:13
Oh, I have forgotten: Hot Patootie and Stand By Me

Jaymze
08 Jul 2002, 05:29
The best non-Steinman songs: Hot Patootie, Not A Dry Eye In The House, Where The Rubber Meets The Road and Bad Attitude

sws.Grave
11 Jul 2002, 21:17
Execution Day
One More Kiss
A Kiss is A Terrible Thing to Waste

Michel
11 Jul 2002, 23:14
In my opinion is A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste a Steinman song, because I think the lyrics is one of the impotant things of a song.

And you can hear in the lyrics that is it written by Jim.

This is my opinion, people who don't agree, please react. Maybe we will have a great discussion about it.

White of High
11 Jul 2002, 23:50
It's OK!

I think the most important in the song is the music. Beethoven, Mozart, Wagner, Orff, Vangelis or Webber are/were the some of the best composer in the world. They weren't very good writer, but their music was fantastic. And they would be the most famous musicans.

I think the music needn't ideologies. It's just be for the beauty, the peace, the clouds... and for God.

I hope it is clear... :wink:

Steve
20 Jul 2002, 13:36
So now you have the question, "Do you remember the song or the lyrics most?"

The answer is that this is purely personal - my own opinion is that Lloyd Webber did a brilliant job with Jim's lyrics.....so it's still a Jim song because it's recognisably him!

I'm going for Modern Girl!

White of High
20 Jul 2002, 19:59
I understand your opinion!

But... I will be an example. When I have heard first a song of Meat Loaf, I knew he is the best singer (to me). I was - maybe - 9 or 10 years old and I've listened a video of song. I don't know what was it (maybe For Crying Out Loud in concert). I couldn't speak English but the music was brilliant.

Steve!
I've got a question? Do you like Carmina Burana by Carl Orff? Everybody know the song: Oh Fortune; and everybody like it. Their people don't understand the Latin language...

Steve
20 Jul 2002, 20:17
Carmina Burana? Definitely!!

Oh, Fortuna, Imperatrix Mundi? (Oh Fortune, Empress of the World), etc

Its interesting when you find that the songs are not what you would sing in church....especially as medieval Latin is so strongly associated with it!

White of High
20 Jul 2002, 20:45
Maybe it was strongly.

Another example is Vangelis. The style of La Petite Fille De La Mer take after - for example - Meat's Heaven Can Wait. The melodies are captivate.

Ok, we are understanding that in Paradise By The Dashboard Light the lyrics is the most important. But in A Kiss Is A terrible Thing To Waste, For Crying Out Loud or Standing On The Outside the melody is the definely...