PDA

View Full Version : To Try And Set The Record Straight

Pudding
16 Jan 2004, 00:05
I've just read a few of the posts over here with regard to the Steinman board and there's a few records that need to be set straight and understood.

Firstly, Steinman fans don't and I repeat DON'T hate Meat Loaf that is something that's always bothered me and something that's always brought up when an argument is taking a turn for the worst. Yes there are certain things that I personally haven't liked about Meat for example I'm not overly struck on his latest album or some of his performances (i.e. The Footy Show) but there's no way in hell I'm not going to see him play in Christchurch this March and I listen to CHSIB once a week to try and let it grow on me. But that's my opinion and I'm not here to change the World.

Secondly, Yes the Steinman board has turned into a vile pile of puke lately and that is the result of a few individuals, one of them mainly being this Ryan Letizia/Rockfenris or any other alias he posts under. Before this donkey came along, everyone there nearly got along and the board was fun. Now it's not and I find myself partly to blame for responding to certain posts.

I know that a lot of you here hate certain comments that are made about Meat on the Steinman board but none of them are hateful and aren't meant to be interpretted that way, all they are, are opinions and not necessarily shared by everyone.

It appears to me that you have a few trolls of your own stirring the pot over here as we do over there, why? I don't know but hopefully sometime soon it'll stop.

Like I said no true Steinman fan hates Meat Loaf, how could they?, Meat's Jim's muse.

Pud:o]

rachelba
16 Jan 2004, 00:40
I CHSIBM !!

ChrisBelfast
16 Jan 2004, 01:26
Welcome pudding, hope to hear from you more often!

tbuck
16 Jan 2004, 01:35
Well said Pud. If you read all the posts here re: the RR, you will see I and several others have come to the defense. Misunderstandings abound, and personally it saddens me to see them exist and perpetuate.

The only thing I might quibble w/ in your post is that the RR board has only recently been disturbed by one. It has long been host to serious disputes and several rather nasty folks. In general the tone there is more combative, but every board is different. And this board has had it's share of that type of stuff. I like the RR and it often is informative.

Thanks for posting here (keep it up) and hope you have a great concert in NZ. From what I hear the UK concerts are going great, we are going to see 2 next week. Woohoo! :lol:

Keep rockin,
T

sharon1248
16 Jan 2004, 02:29
I am a died-in-the-wool Meat Loaf fan & love watching/listening to the music. But that doesn't detract from me admiring Steinman's work! What wonderful words & music! I can't sing, dance,write or act but it doesn't stop me from admiring the talent that those things take. Being a fan of one shouldn't mean you can't admire the other...I don't understand when people do this. I think it is great that you posted here to set the record straight, I think you will find a lot of people feel the same way.

Oriel
16 Jan 2004, 03:36
Being a fellow Steinmaniac, I have to echo Pud's points.

How can anybody from the Steinman board hate Meat? They can't, simple as that. So Meat has a little "disagreement" with Smeghead. So what?

I've been at the Steinman board for about 6 years now, and only relatively recently have these "things" been happening. And certainly Ryan Letizia/Rockfenris (or Rockfenris2003 as I think he's known as here) has made a big diffence to the place. Everybody at the Steinman board tries to overlook this person, but sometimes you just gotta say something...

I admit, there are some anti-Meat comments, but no more than there are here. Let's just allow each individual to ignore the few "rogues" on the Steinman board and accept that we love Meat and Steinman both. If somebody wishes to take something else into their own hands, then on their own head be it, and not on ours*...

Sinecure.

*ours, meaning the better-thinking folk at the Steinman board.

rockfenris2005
16 Jan 2004, 03:51
Don't blame it all on me. That place was rotten to the core when I got there. I had been reading it for 4 years - and it was always unsettled and full of disputes. I remember Smeghead as being a lot more notorious before I came him. You're just looking for someone to blame. Well, don't. I've already apologized to the webmaster about my issues there, and she has forgiven. And I accept responsibility for them - and I wish that site, and this one, all the best.

rockfenris2005
16 Jan 2004, 03:52
I said "came him" (regarding Smeghead) I meant to say "came in"

CarylB
16 Jan 2004, 05:17
Welcome Pud .. nice to see you arrive here. I agree with most of what you say .. I adore CHSIB, but we can agree to differ on that :) And if you hear Meat singing CHSIB, Testify and DIST in NZ like I did tonight then you may well find it twining up your legs, round your waist and into your armpits :))

I agree there are just a few posters on the RR who are mainly responsible for the Meat bashing that does occur there, although I could understand Meat getting the impression that he was not liked if he happened to pop in there on some occasions, and to be fair you really don't see people having a pop at Jim here. But I see Jacqueline has cleared the board yet again .. so perhaps the nonsense may die down because as you say it can be a fun board when people aren't determined to play the jackass :)

Pudding
16 Jan 2004, 07:53
It's good to see that there's a lot of people who feel the same way as me and like Caryl said Jacqueline has cleared the board, so hopefully the trolls responsible for turning it into a looney asylum have ~~~~~~ed off.

As for the CHSIB and DIST I've always said from the beginning that I liked those two songs, however the sudden stop then start again halfway through is bloody annoying. I don't want to start any controversy but I don't think those 2 songs sound Steinmanesque but more Dianne Warrenesque as in NADEITH and ILFYATTT from WTTN.

Kathy
16 Jan 2004, 19:59
... I listen to CHSIB once a week to try and let it grow on me.
Hi Pudding,
Just a thought - maybe CHSIB, or Meat's singing, just isn't to your taste; there's nothing wrong with that. Not everyone likes Bach either, and I don't mean that in a smart-alecky way.
-Kathy (never been to the Steinman forum but probably will sooner or later.)

angel eyes
16 Jan 2004, 22:16
Welcome Pud.

In the tour programme Meat was asked - What's Jim Steinmen like? His reply was
"One of the smartest human beings you will ever meet. He's intelligent beyond your wildest imagination. He's very witty and he' in an F.Scott Fitzgerald category. He gets depressed at times, like a comedian, he considers every song he writes as a child and he's very protective. A true genius."

How can Steinmen fans hate Meat or vice versa???

I hope Bat 111 materialises - it will be well worth the wait I'm sure but I also love Meat's other albums too.

Love

Angelxxx

Dave
19 Jan 2004, 00:14
Like I said no true Steinman fan hates Meat Loaf, how could they?, Meat's Jim's muse.
Couldn't Have Said It Better Myself Pud :-)

I know we have had a few minor differences in the past, but I am trying to put fighting in the past. Now is the time to show some true *Steinlove* in this world.

Welcome to the MLUKFC forums. I have been lax in my welcoming you here. Hope you enjoy your stay ~ may it be long and fruitful!

ROCK ON GOOD TIMES!!!

Pudding
19 Jan 2004, 01:52
To be honest David I've never had any difference with you, in fact I've always stated that I got along quite well with you, I believe it's Smeghead who you have the differences with and that's something that has absolutely nothing to do with me.

I think the problem in the past is that you get one or two bad apples who stir the proverbial pot, then they go somewhere else and do the same and before you know you've people on one board saying crap about another and them doing the same.

I also believe that there's been a lot of misinterpretation (sp?) on what some of us on the RR have said towards or about Meat, which really pisses me off because when it gets retold either here or elsewhere it sounds like a completely different story of events.

I understand that the majority of fans here are either from the UK, Canada or the USA which means English is their native language. On the Steinman board the majority are from other countries where English is not their native tongue, so error in spelling and grammatical content is common and getting the wrong end of the stick is common.

However, like I said earlier I don't think there's anyone on the RR who hates Meat Loaf and if they do then they shouldn't be on the Steinman board at all.

Dave
19 Jan 2004, 02:00
To be honest David I've never had any difference with you, in fact I've always stated that I got along quite well with you, I believe it's Smeghead who you have the differences with and that's something that has absolutely nothing to do with me.
Awesome!

Well, again, welcome to the MLUKFC forums. Weren't you the jewell who sent me the amazing dance remix CD a few years ago. Sorry I am so bad with names and who sent what and did this and that, but I spent about two years fighting with people who I have finally figured out are just not worth the time arguing with. I was listening to the Boyzone, No Matter What, remix today and bouncing around my room. :-)

ROCK ON GOOD TIMES!!!

little_dancer
19 Jan 2004, 21:32
Pudding! So nice to hear from you!!! As usual, you are quite correct, sir! :D

EVERYONE: Every site on the internet goes through negative times, and positive times. Every site on the internet has a few ignorant, stupid people. You can't judge the whole fan base in that way. My opinion? If somebody is truly daft and decides to make a fool of themselves by shooting their mouth off with a buch of laughable crap- JUST WALK AWAY- it's not worth it.

np- I have not been to the JS site in about 4 months, so I have no idea what the big fuss is about right now-so I am not blaming any person/persons. I am just talking about my own previous experiences at MANY different sites.

Stupid people aren't worth the trouble, don't give them the pleasure of fighting with you- you'll just have to read more stupid comments by the author- That'll just make you MORE angry-- WALK AWAY!!

Love you guys!

(Jimmy and Meat fans make me smile!)
:D LD

Di
21 Jan 2004, 06:02
Pudding! So nice to hear from you!!! As usual, you are quite correct, sir! :D

EVERYONE: Every site on the internet goes through negative times, and positive times. Every site on the internet has a few ignorant, stupid people. You can't judge the whole fan base in that way. My opinion? If somebody is truly daft and decides to make a fool of themselves by shooting their mouth off with a buch of laughable crap- JUST WALK AWAY- it's not worth it.

np- I have not been to the JS site in about 4 months, so I have no idea what the big fuss is about right now-so I am not blaming any person/persons. I am just talking about my own previous experiences at MANY different sites.

Stupid people aren't worth the trouble, don't give them the pleasure of fighting with you- you'll just have to read more stupid comments by the author- That'll just make you MORE angry-- WALK AWAY!!

Love you guys!

(Jimmy and Meat fans make me smile!)
:D LD

Alison!

I wanted to say hello! Has it really been four months since you left Rockman? Well, missed what happened as I was on holidays at the time, but you are certainly missed. You held your own there, and it was a lot more interesting reading with you around. ;) Had a feeling you had migrated from these directions.... :D

Nice to find you here, :D

Stay in touch,
:)
Di

little_dancer
23 Jan 2004, 17:18
Hello Di-

Long time no type :D

Di
23 Jan 2004, 18:29
Well.... took some time off during the holidays. And have been doing some recent travel as well. ;)

:D

Di