PDA

View Full Version : Meat Loaf and Anthrax unite (Sorta)

ChrisBelfast
07 Jan 2004, 23:28
From Yahoo News:

Meat Loaf and Anthrax unite

Meat Loaf's eldest daughter, Pearl Aday has got engaged to Anthrax guitarist Scott Ian, according to reports.

Pearl is a backing vocalist who, as well as providing her dad with BVs, has toured the States with Motley Crüe as one of the Crüe Sluts. She also sings a duet with Meat on Man of Steel which features on his latest album, Couldn't Have Said It Better. No wedding date has yet been confirmed.

Vickip
07 Jan 2004, 23:45
From Yahoo News:

Meat Loaf and Anthrax unite

Meat Loaf's eldest daughter, Pearl Aday has got engaged to Anthrax guitarist Scott Ian, according to reports.

Pearl is a backing vocalist who, as well as providing her dad with BVs, has toured the States with Motley Crüe as one of the Crüe Sluts. She also sings a duet with Meat on Man of Steel which features on his latest album, Couldn't Have Said It Better. No wedding date has yet been confirmed.

That's excellent news ChrisNI ... I hope they're very happy together :)
Thanks
Vicki

little_dancer
08 Jan 2004, 00:17
Lovely...but i'm confused, at a Meat Loaf storytellers concert in 1999, he said Pearl was engaged...maybe it didn't work out.

Still, that's lovely to hear!

Congrats Pearl :D :!:

sherrie87
08 Jan 2004, 03:25
I know that Pearl was married once before, maybe that was the engagement that Meat was speaking of at the Storytellers concert :??: I can never hear Scott Ian's name without thinking of when he got arrested a few years back here in the Tampa Bay (Florida) area for breaking into the New York Yankess spring training baseball field. He was arrested for breaking in, public urination and theft (I think he tried to remove third base, or something to that effect.) He did have a nice looking mug shot if nothing else- I love that cute little goatee he has!

Sherrie

Vickip
08 Jan 2004, 03:32
I know that Pearl was married once before, maybe that was the engagement that Meat was speaking of at the Storytellers concert :??: I can never hear Scott Ian's name without thinking of when he got arrested a few years back here in the Tampa Bay (Florida) area for breaking into the New York Yankess spring training baseball field. He was arrested for breaking in, public urination and theft (I think he tried to remove third base, or something to that effect.) He did have a nice looking mug shot if nothing else- I love that cute little goatee he has!

Sherrie

I hadn't heard that story before .. :lol:

I didn't get a chance to talk to him, but when we were in Atlantic City during the fun tour in September 2002, I saw him with Pearl after one of the shows. They make a cute couple and I'm really happy for both of them :)

Vicki

sherrie87
08 Jan 2004, 04:42
I just reread the article about the 1997 "incident" in Tampa and it appears that "public urination" had nothing to do with it. I didn't want to accuse a guy of it if he didn't even do it! :wink: It turns out he "tried to" take the New York Yankees insignia in the turf on the on deck box, as a result of "about a bottle and a half too much wine", in his words. My step-brother-in-law (how that for a tenuous connection? :P ) was in the holding cell at the county jail (on an unrelated charge) with him following this misadventure, and he takes an odd sense of pride in that.

On to better topics- what rock and roll genes a child of this union would have- Dad from Anthrax and "Grandpa Meat"!

Sherrie

Vickip
08 Jan 2004, 05:26
On to better topics- what rock and roll genes a child of this union would have- Dad from Anthrax and "Grandpa Meat"!

Sherrie

We can only imagine Sherrie ... :lol:

Vicki

Bart
08 Jan 2004, 09:13
what the hell is she going to do with an Anthrax bandmember. O god, I hope everything will turn out fine :? 8O

evil nickname
08 Jan 2004, 19:39
They make a cute couple

Somehow, in my mind, bandmembers from Anthrax and the word "cute" don't connect :)

Dave
08 Jan 2004, 20:14
Somehow, in my mind, bandmembers from Anthrax and the word "cute" don't connect :)
Couldn't Have Said It Better Myself :-)

BTW, what in the hell is that "thing" protruding from Scott's chin???

http://anthraxtheband.com/images/Scott2004NewYears.jpg

Gotta love the life of the rich and famous!

ROCK ON ROCK STAR!!!

White of High
08 Jan 2004, 21:21
What are you doing Pearl??? And me? And me? Do you leave me alone? :)

little_dancer
08 Jan 2004, 23:08
Congrats to Pearl (gosh she's lovely!)...and Anthrax is a wicked band...I don't know about the chin bit though :lol:

shadow1000001
08 Jan 2004, 23:16
They make a cute couple

I have to agree with you on that one :twisted:

sherrie87
09 Jan 2004, 02:53
I kind of like Scott Ian's mega goatee- but I have a bit of a fetish for creative mens facial hair so I'm biased. My husband has tried to achieve such a goatee, but he just ends up looking Amish! :lol:

Sherrie

1voice1heart
09 Jan 2004, 20:34
I'm not big on his music but I did meet him in New York on my senior trip a few years ago and he is a very nice and sweet guy, but the goatee thing is a little wierd :D . Congrats Pearl and Scott.

Love and Peace
Phoeba

RSG
18 Jan 2004, 12:20
my cousin has an afro on his chin. :lol: it looks pretty cool.

Skeleton
20 Jan 2004, 15:40
CONGRATS TO PEARL AND SCOTT :D

badger
25 Jan 2004, 21:39
brilliant news, I hope they are really happy.

plus Anthrax ROCK!

black dog
25 Jan 2004, 22:49
Congrats to Pearl (gosh she's lovely!)...and Anthrax is a wicked band...I don't know about the chin bit though :lol:

It's definately an odd thing on his chin! Love the cake though.

Congratulations to them both