PDA

View Full Version : American going to Australia to see Meat

claireg
03 Jan 2004, 06:11
I think I must be crazy! I just bought my airline tickets to go to Australia to see Meat in Melbourne and Sydney! We have front row, center seats at 2 concerts, and I'm really excited! The only thing I've ever done like this before was going to Italy to see Andrea Bocelli, which was fabulous, since he was unbelievable and the Italians loved Americans. Hopefully the Australians hold no anomosity against Americans (I'm STILL recovering from France 6 years ago!), and we're hoping to have a great time.

Speaking of Bocelli, would anybody else like to hear a Meat Loaf/Bocelli duet? I know Meat had a less than pleasant experience with Pavoratti, but Bocelli is a wonderful human being and I can only imange how wonderful their voices would blend.

Anyway, if you read this Meat, know that you will have 2 huge American fans in Melbourne and Sydney!

Vickip
03 Jan 2004, 06:25
I think I must be crazy! I just bought my airline tickets to go to Australia to see Meat in Melbourne and Sydney! We have front row, center seats at 2 concerts, and I'm really excited! The only thing I've ever done like this before was going to Italy to see Andrea Bocelli, which was fabulous, since he was unbelievable and the Italians loved Americans. Hopefully the Australians hold no anomosity against Americans (I'm STILL recovering from France 6 years ago!), and we're hoping to have a great time.

Speaking of Bocelli, would anybody else like to hear a Meat Loaf/Bocelli duet? I know Meat had a less than pleasant experience with Pavoratti, but Bocelli is a wonderful human being and I can only imange how wonderful their voices would blend.

Anyway, if you read this Meat, know that you will have 2 huge American fans in Melbourne and Sydney!

Fantastic !!! Congratulations :)) Enjoy every second of it !!
Believe me, you don't know how I wish I could be there with you :)
Don't worry .. you'll have a great time !!

I don't know anything about Bocelli .... but Meat and Pavoratti did sound amazing together. Come Back To Sorrento is a beautiful song :)

Vicki

Renegade Angel
03 Jan 2004, 21:24
Thats great - hope you have a great time.
If you've never been to Australia before im sure you'll love it - I've been twice and would love to go again as it really is a great place.
If I could afford it I would go to see Meat in Perth as I have a lot of family out there so it would be great to see my family and Meat in one trip.

sherrie87
05 Jan 2004, 05:24
Claire,

As a fellow American I have to say HUGE kudos to you for following your dreams and stepping WAY outside (at least to me this would be the case) your comfort zone. You get to see Meat in a very unique setting and visit a beautiful country. Clearly, it's a once in a lifetime event- enjoy, and be sure to give us all the scoop when you return from Oz.

Sherrie

Bohemian
05 Jan 2004, 07:51
Hopefully the Australians hold no anomosity against Americans (I'm STILL recovering from France 6 years ago!), and we're hoping to have a great time.

Animosity? As a blanket rule I think American's go OK in our country... there might be some animosity from australians who aren't getting to see him with the Orhcestra though!! :lol:

Still, I've never seen Meat live before ever so I figure it might be a bit of overkill to see him the orchestra... I mean, I'd have nohtng to compare it to! :D I'm looking forward to seeing him just plain ROCK in Brisbane, I can't believe it is THIS YEAR that I am going to see him. 8O Can't wait. just can't wait.

Hope you LURVE the Melbourne and Sydney shows.

Bohemian

aussielovesmeat
31 Jan 2004, 16:51
Hi Claireg

Sorry I missed your post, only just found it.
For the Melbourne show, are you going on friday the 20th ???
Because if you are, you must be sitting right next to me, you will know us (my girlfriend and I) by the HUGE banner my friend has made... Says "we love Fireball" she has tyedied it to look like flames.
If you wanted to introduce yourself, we would be thrilled to meet such DEDICATED fans!!!
WOW, flying across the globe, that's fantastic !!!

Hope to see you there, that's of course if you are going on Friday, not sunday....
Either way, have a GREAT time !!!

Kaye

mariella
31 Jan 2004, 18:17

I do not think you are crazy...only have 1 question for you...can you PLEASE take me along! :lol: Front row 2 times!!! YES!

So happy for all of you lucky people, who will be at the next concerts! :bunny:

xxx

Mariella