PDA

View Full Version : WHAT ARE THE REASONS

Garrett
06 Jun 2002, 14:11
Can somebody tell me what the reasons of the damned delays are!!!

Is Meat Loaf sick, sick in his head? Or possilbly dead?

If the album won't be released until Christmas, so I will be
NO FAN ANYMORE!!!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Tim
06 Jun 2002, 17:08
Comon man!!!

Are you a real fan!!!

We are all waiting, and sure, it is a pitty that the album is delayed, but look on the bright site, now you can look forward to it.

Steve
06 Jun 2002, 23:04
This must be a worry for ML - a threat not to be a fan unless he releases an album!

Isn't that a bit like threatening not to use the trains unless they start to run on time? Get real - this is an ineffectual comment from a powerless person.

We'll all have to wait - frustrated or not!

Meatles
07 Jun 2002, 03:01
Anyone who will turn his back on Meat for that reason doesn't belong on this board, Meat has taken enough of people turning their backs on him
(America did for a decade!) . Good thing that the UK was always there for him.

Tim
07 Jun 2002, 10:31
NOt only the UK loves Meat Loaf, and didn't turn their back to him, i think also the netherlands, and the rest of europe, loves him, and don't turn our backs to him!!!!

LucyK!
07 Jun 2002, 11:55
Before this turns into a mass debate over which country likes Meat best, I think it's fair to say that at some point, people all over the world have had their doubts about what's going on at some point, especially during the wait for BOOH II to be released. But being a fan of someone or something, not just Meat, is being a fan all the time, not just when they're on tour or doing promotion, and if this album has been delayed for whatever reason - whether it be techinal issues or something personal to Meat - he needs the support of every single fan, and hopefully we'll be all showing him our support this summer.

Lucy

Jaymze
08 Jun 2002, 19:28
Meat hasn't any control over the release of the album, it's all down to the record company now and not Meat's fault and even if it was up to Meat he must have some personnal problem because it's HIS album and I doubt he's sitting at home laughing because he's not making any money or further promoting his career by not releasing Testify in order to spite his fans.

Michel
10 Jun 2002, 19:11
If you hear This about the record companies, and if you read the part in "To Hell And Back" about the record companies, there is only one sentence that I can say:

I really hate the Record Companies!!!!

But Meat will NEVER EVER EVER EVER lose me as a fan!!!!

Tim
10 Jun 2002, 20:15
You're right Michel, only problem, without the recordcompanies, we don't have artist who produce records. So......

I was also thinking, maybe, just a thought he.......... maybe, if meat is devorced (what i don't think) that could be a reason why Testify isn't yet released, and maybe that's a reason why the record company doesn't say a word about it........... it is just a thought.

Shane
11 Jun 2002, 04:38
I'm sure there is a perfectly good explanation for the delays in the release of Testify. I would like to know the reason for the delay.

Delays in release is not, in my opinion, a proper reason to cease being a fan. Meat might have no (or very little) control over the release date. As others have already said, it might be the record company that has chosen to delay it. These things happen.

Timewarp.nl
11 Jun 2002, 08:28
Trust me, it is al about money.
It is the fault of the record company!

tukayaway
11 Jun 2002, 22:22
If Testify is released at Christmas, there might be a chance that the Xmas No.1 won't be so rubbish. I Would Do Anything For Love was released near Xmas and gave Meat his first No.1.

The annoying thing is that we may get a preview of some of the songs on the upcoming tour. It will make the wait harder.

Jaymze
12 Jun 2002, 03:46
I Would Do Anything For Love was released in October and remained No 1 for seven weeks- the biggest selling No 1 of 1993.

Meatles
16 Jun 2002, 04:20
All of his records were released between Halloween and Christmas (except Midnight at The Lost and Found). He has always had major success in Europe with every album (except Stoney Meatloaf).

Premacy
06 Jul 2002, 20:55
come on, don't suspect a good album made in one day. A good album takes some time and when it's released and it is (as allways) good then the waiting will be more then payed off.

And please for heavens sake don't say that Meat died or something, that will demotivate a lot of fans :wink:

ChoccyBat
28 Jul 2002, 13:49
At the end of the day, Meat has recognised that his fans are dissapointed by the delay, and that is what the 'Summer Fun' tour is for - and from the sounds of things, he has given everything he has got (as if he could do anything else) and made sure his fans have a real treat. Meat has had more disappointment in his life than anyone, so i am pretty sure this is out of his hands.

And talking of waiting - I've been waiting all my life to see Meat, and am now little more than 24 hours away from setting off to Liverpool for what should be the most exhilirating night of my life. I couldn't go in the Best Of tour cos of A levels ( bloody education!), and was ill when 'Neighbourhood' came out. AND I had a major scare when the OIFC website changed the 29th July from 'Liverpool Kings Dock' to 'Travelling Home'! That took a lot of phone calls and frantic emails before I found out the truth!

So lets all revel in Meat's first UK tour for four years, and look forward to Testify, whenever it comes out.

Rock on! :lol:

Tim
28 Jul 2002, 14:54
You know what bad is: Meat Loaf only toures through the USA and the UK. That's a pitty. There a lot of fans who don't have enough money to see him over there. So i think that's a very bad thing.

Also, the USA and UK have always all the luck with CD releases and all of that sort of things. I mean, here in the Netherland, Cd's will be released over more than a month later than in the USA, if were lucky.

That kind of things make me very angry. But he... we had the NOTP.

ChoccyBat
28 Jul 2002, 17:42
Tim, when Testify is released very early next year, Meat is going to do a 150-date WORLD tour. :D I reckon that'll definitely include some Dutch dates - unfortunately thats a few months off yet!

Tim
28 Jul 2002, 18:55
Yeah, i know what you mean. It will take some time. Well, that's a pitty. But we have something to look forward to.

But i think that you also know what i mean with my last message from this subject. :?

Shane
02 Aug 2002, 04:12
Steinbat, how did you hear of a world tour?

ChoccyBat
03 Aug 2002, 21:41
I was roaming on the Internet about a week ago - I must confess I can't remember exactly which website it was. I'll root out my last newsletter and let you know cos it came from there. Basically it said that where testify was originally supposed to come out this year, it has now been delayed and will be out around next February. It said that that will be followed by a 150-date world tour. I really hope it is, as I saw him last Monday and am desperate to repeat it! He really was awesome, but it seemed to be over far too early.

Whats for sure is that whenever the record comes out, he will do a big tour of some sort to promote it, and therefore unlike his recent 'summer tour', you won't be able to help hearing about it! I remember when he was doing the 'best of' tour - he seemed to be everywhere over here - on tv, on the radio, everywhere!! Must be hard for you lot who don't live in either US or Uk, hopefully a 'world' tour will mean exactly that - and how many bands/singers have people scattered totally all over the world desperate to see them, 25 years after they started? Not many!

Tim
04 Aug 2002, 12:33
Did you get it from the "ML-testify" website?

Let me tell you, it is very hard that Meat Loaf doesn't come to other country's. It's always and only the UK and USA, what did they do that other country's didn't do? 8O

Tom B
04 Aug 2002, 22:47
ML-Testify.com does have those details on (it's my site btw ;-) ). There was an article posted on canoe.ca (I think) while rehersals for the summer tour were going on which told of a big tour for the album's release - whenever it may be - of around 150 dates. This is all I've heard about future touring after "Havin' Fun For The Summer".

Shane
05 Aug 2002, 06:49
Well thank you Tom B and Steinbat. Many months ago I heard that Testify would be released in the northern hemisphere fall, and then I heard of the summer tour and assumed it was a Testify tour...alas that is not true as we know. I always assumed that a tour would follow the Testify release, as traditionally happens with most artists and their new releases. But I haven't heard anything concrete until now.

I live in New Zealand and down here we are quite Meat starved, so I would be thrilled if he were to come here.

ChoccyBat
05 Aug 2002, 21:54
I can imagine - I live in the far north of England and was getting so restless waiting for Meat to come over that I went to see the same tribute show (Steve Steinman) twice! I too thought that the Summer Tour was the Testify tour when I first heard in February, but soon realised it was not. Bacially I think it was to keep his fans happy - it was 4 years since he last came here - and to whip up some interest before the album comes out.

But there are so many comments on these pages from people in Germany. Holland, New Zealand etc saying they wish Meat would go there, that hopefully he'll notice and think about it. Hopefully the world tour will incorporate many countries!!

Anonymous
06 Aug 2002, 00:42
:idea: folks the uk and ireland supported meat loaf when he was down in the dumps when other people turned there backs on him thats is probably y he goes there

Anonymous
06 Aug 2002, 00:45
:lol: the uk and ireland supported meat loaf when he was down in the ditch they never turned there backs on him they gave him support through thick and thin 8O :x

Tim
06 Aug 2002, 09:43
Faol Team, i think it's a very bad thing that you say here. Were you in the other country's at that time? How did you know it then?

Cause Meat Loaf said it on the Cardiff bootleg. Comon man. England and Ireland are only small country's if you look at the rest of the world. So i think you should think it over.

ChoccyBat
06 Aug 2002, 20:00
No, it is true. Above I have said that hopefully Meat will visit some other countries as he has support there, if it wasn't for the UK he would have totally collapsed in the 80's. The yanks completely deserted him - thats why they don't know Dead Ringer when it was a massive hit here - for over a decade, and only the UK stuck with him. Look at his tour schedule from the 80's and you'll see. Remember Les' quote in the film - "He's over in Europe, its the only place he can get work at the moment."

If you read his autobiography (from which the film was made) you'll see he basically lived over here on-and-off for a decade. Talk to a yank and they'll probably have Bat 1, Bat 2 and maybe Neighbourhood. Mention dead ringer, Bad Attitude, Midnight etc to them and they'll be flustered. Thats why Meat didn't sing Dead Ringer in the American shows on his summer tour, but did in his British shows.

I am not going to start a debate over which country's fans are the best, and I hope Meat does visit these other countries in the next few years, as all fans are united and want the opportunity to see him, but the fact is that it was the Brits who stuck by him and saved his career, and I don't think Meat ever forgets that.